ESPN- Spiller could be traded soon

Frez

Good Grief.

Can we please allow some common sense to enter this conversation???

Listen, I don't know who you think you are but if you think for one minute that you're going to come here and expect common sense then you are sadly mistaken. (Next thing we know you're going to expect people here to root for the Bills too)

Some nerve you have.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, I don't know who you think you are but if you think for one minute that you're going to come here and expect common sense then you are sadly mistaken. (Next thing we know you're going to expect people here to root for the Bills too)

Some nerve you have.

Ha ha. Maybe I should've just asked for World Peace instead.

Ha!

Go Bills.

Spiller is the top talent on the offensive side of the ball until someone else proves otherwise. This is on Hackett. Either figure out how to use him or move on. I don't see how a guy who has produced in the NFL prior to this regime is now suddenly the problem. The problem is Hackett has one running play and he calls it at obvious moments. It's not the lack of talent at running back.

The problem is Hackett has one running play and he calls it at obvious moments. It's not the lack of talent at running back.

While I don't disagree that Hackett Jr. is part of the problem, I think the problem is with the fans.

In 2013 Spiller had 933 yards (15th in league in yards). He was tied for 2nd in most runs over 20 yards and tied for first in most runs over 40 yards. All this with a high ankle sprain and splitting time with my main man Fred Jackson.

What in the heck do we want this guy to do that he is not doing?

I was just watching sports center and the ESPN analyst said Buffalo will NOT keep four RB's going into the season. Look for the Bills to unload CJ Spiller before the season starts according to him.

This could get interesting...........

Trade for another player or trade for an extra draft pick for next season?

Doesn't sound real smart for a GM that's promised playoffs this season. Get rid of Stevie and Spiller and make the playoffs. Sure.

How about signing a QB that can actually play, that'd be more exciting to hear. No way they recover their lost 1st-rounder for Spiller. If they're lucky they'll get a 2nd-rounder from a team that's likely to draft late in that round.

Score!

In the four games that he had over 100-yards rushing, he had only 1 TD and we lost three of those 4 games. In the three that we lost he faced the 22nd, 30th, and 31st rushing defenses.

He's a cherry-picker.

Also, how about decent performance on 3rd downs.

It seems like part of the reason we let talented players go so often is that we have so much coaching and GM turnover. The new guy always wants his own, hand-picked players to fit his schemes. By the time he assembles them, he gets fired for poor performance. Jauron and Levy wanted Marshawn Lynch. Chan and Buddy wanted CJ Spiller. Now Marrone and Whaley seem to want a bruiser like Bryce Brown. We are constantly acquiring the same needs over and over again, especially RB's and players in the secondary at the expense of the offensive and defensive lines. It's the old saying, wash, rinse, repeat.

Right on +1000

While I don't disagree that Hackett Jr. is part of the problem, I think the problem is with the fans.

In 2013 Spiller had 933 yards (15th in league in yards). He was tied for 2nd in most runs over 20 yards and tied for first in most runs over 40 yards. All this with a high ankle sprain and splitting time with my main man Fred Jackson.

42nd in first downs. Behind a couple QB's, including T Pryor.

Unless they got a 1st round pick for him (they won't) trading him would be dumb. It's a contract year for him, he's going to play hard to try and get a big contract. We need him to make the playoffs

I agree that it would be stupid totally stupid move by the Bills & i hope the new GM is smarter than who ever pulled the last boner in a players contract year meaning the Fitz factor .

If the GM & FO are still thinking in the same mode as the old did then a trade of one of if not the most explosive player in the league will not be real surprising .

If they do wind up doing something this wild i would hope it would be really wild & trade for a QB that would put us in the play offs IF it is going to be that extreme because if it is for a draft pick any less than a number one it will be ignorant !!

Thank you. anyone that bit on espn jason weak sauce is also weak.

Its not even up for discussion at Bills central.

all you folks who think its a viable dialogue should be set in the corner. We are Bills Fans are't we ? CJ Spiller is a Buffalo Bill and done nothing wrong .

Maybe some of you are NOT fans just critics ?

Not what I was saying at all.... Most times we needed 3 or less, or were inside the 10 the coaching staff put Fred in... While I don't disagree with that, I think it's unfair to use that against him...

Why do they put Fred in? Is it because CJ can definitely pick up the short yards and they want to lose?

Why do they put Fred in? Is it because CJ can definitely pick up the short yards and they want to lose?

Bc he's better in that situation... But you only stated that he had single digit first down runs... Cherry picking stats... That one stat doesn't tell anywhere close to the whole story... That's all I'm saying.... How about 20/40+ yard plays... Compare Fred and CJ now...

I was just watching sports center and the ESPN analyst said Buffalo will NOT keep four RB's going into the season. Look for the Bills to unload CJ Spiller before the season starts according to him.

This could get interesting...........

Trade for another player or trade for an extra draft pick for next season?

Right, draft Watkins to win now and then trade Spiller. It doesn't wash.

Bc he's better in that situation... But you only stated that he had single digit first down runs... Cherry picking stats... That one stat doesn't tell anywhere close to the whole story... That's all I'm saying.... How about 20/40+ yard plays... Compare Fred and CJ now...

I would argue CJ's whole career is based on cherry-picked stats.

What wins football games? First downs and TD's? Or 20+ yard plays? Which is more important to you in an RB?

Edited by FireChan

I would argue CJ's whole career is based on cherry-picked stats.

What wins football games? First downs and TD's? Or 20+ yard plays? Which is more important to you in an RB?

I only have an example of why his 1st down numbers may be low... That's it...

CJ is not the all around RB.... He's not a workhorse... Everyone should know that by now...