Cut Thad?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a Thad fan last year. He did enough to beat the Dolphins twice and he showed a lot of poise and toughness. But wtf is up with him lately? He looks like crap in practice and that game last night was pathetic. He was playing against the 3rd and 4th string. He should have been airing it out like an All-Pro. Very sad to realize that Jeff Tuel is now our 2nd best QB.

I was a Thad fan last year. He did enough to beat the Dolphins twice and he showed a lot of poise and toughness. But wtf is up with him lately? He looks like crap in practice and that game last night was pathetic. He was playing against the 3rd and 4th string. He should have been airing it out like an All-Pro. Very sad to realize that Jeff Tuel is now our 2nd best QB.

Don't know what happened, but what we saw last night is completely unacceptable even with all the usual caveats about preseason.

It all depends on who it is.

I like the ex Bears and cowboys QB

Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton's career statistics

83TD 59Int 15,000 yards

He is a pretty good QB

I would chose him as my Back up

And keep developing Jeff Tuel

Two thumbs up

Edited by the skycap

I have been advocating that irrespective of how Tuel and Thad develop. IMHO, there needs to be atleast one proven vet on the roster (Thad isn't proven). I was under the impression no backup QB of note was available and am glad this thread informed me that Orton is.

In his time in Chicago, Orton was not spectacular but adequate. He is the kind of guy who can guide a team and would be quite a good backup. Plus he is, what 31 ? Which isn't too old.

He seems to want to retire. Can't force him to play