Steve Tasker hit it on the nail.

seq004

I'd like a team leader to be a veteran with a few more NFL seasons completed with the Bills, have a high level of play and be able to motivate people. Average players and rookies aren't the types who command respect from others, so aside from Eric Wood and Fred Jackson, I don't see anyone vocal enough to get people going.

And there still isn't one guy on this team at a Kelly or Darryl Talley level right now. Someone needs to step up or else when things get difficult, you'll see no one filling the leadership void. In theory, it should be the QB, but I'm not sure he has the personality to do so. And he certainly doesn't have the on-field to success to command respect. Not yet at least.

Edited by BillsVet

robert woods enjoys a good fist fight!

They had one the other night at practice after the rain delay , not exactly sure who it was but it was a good one for as long as it lasted .

I think it was number 67 that was doing the swinging ??

I'm surprised about the Kyle William comments. I see a lot of signs that Kyle is very respected by his teammates a leader.

Why do you guys think calling out your teammates in the media is a sign of leadership? What makes you think he's not calling them out behind the scenes?

I'm surprised about the Kyle William comments. I see a lot of signs that Kyle is very respected by his teammates a leader.

Why do you guys think calling out your teammates in the media is a sign of leadership? What makes you think he's not calling them out behind the scenes?

I know for a fact that KW has gotten in Dareus' grill on several occasions since his rookie year.

Leadership comes in many different forms. Perhaps the one common element is the talent to back up any particular style of leadership.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't see any players that are willing to get in there face for performance and motivation or lack there of other than Eric Wood. They have rah rah guys but they don't have players that won't accept losing.

Edited by seq004

I don't see any players that are willing to get in there face for performance and motivation or lack there of other than Eric Wood. They have rah rah guys but they don't have players that won't accept losing.

We don't know that yet. This team is minus a few and plus a few from last year. The FO was pretty upfront about wanting to bring in players from winning programs. Spikes, C Graham, Dixon... plus the draft picks... give it a look see this year and maybe things are a little different.

A Winner is an ex-loser who got mad.

I do not see Kyle Williams as the get in your face and lead you type like I see in other big leaders. I think he is a leader but I think he needs an Alpha-leader to really bring out his best.

If Spikes can be the one to grab your mask and tell you to get your head out of your ass, that play was all on you - yeah, that's where KW comes in. He'll get your back, he'll be there next play and you know he will. You know he's got your back and he's not going to let you fail - and then Spikes will come right in there, light up the back and say one of those "see there, brah, see there, you done it. way to be my brah brah."

Anyone who doesn't realize the leadership Mario Williams offers this team is blind and has not played a significant amount of team sports. He doesn't have to say anything, he doesn't have to show you anything, and you do not have to tell him anything. MW is going to get the job done over and over again and he will give his all - and even when he doesn't he is usually still the best player on the field. MW's leadership to the field is like weights in front of your tractor; they're there all the time and always working, they keep their end down and lighten the load up for everything else.

Don't you dare diss the Hulkster.

Go find some Kyle clips when he's miked up and tell me again the guy isn't an alpha leader. He's an animal and more than willing to get in teammate's faces. Boys from the bayou don't mess around.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-Focus-Kyle-Williams-Wired-For-Sound/84de6c8e-bfe1-4e53-a712-5cb2a8ab9a11

(this is from last year, there are better ones out there)

I know for a fact that KW has gotten in Dareus' grill on several occasions since his rookie year.

Leadership comes in many different forms. Perhaps the one common element is the talent to back up any particular style of leadership.

GO BILLS!!!

Not to mention, JoeB said he was one of the few guys he's seen in practice and games get vocal with guys.

I'd like a team leader to be a veteran with a few more NFL seasons completed with the Bills, have a high level of play and be able to motivate people. Average players and rookies aren't the types who command respect from others, so aside from Eric Wood and Fred Jackson, I don't see anyone vocal enough to get people going.

And there still isn't one guy on this team at a Kelly or Darryl Talley level right now. Someone needs to step up or else when things get difficult, you'll see no one filling the leadership void. In theory, it should be the QB, but I'm not sure he has the personality to do so. And he certainly doesn't have the on-field to success to command respect. Not yet at least.

I have been saying this for years. The Bills as a whole are fill of nice guy that don't get into trouble.

Maybe there are not enough guys on the club that play with " I'm gonna kick your ass all day " mode.

I see a little of that coming from A.Williams. Woods has a mean streak as well. Maybe Eric Wood.

But the player who may have the most is the smallest guy on the team. and that's Robley.

That guy is all Heart. Just wish he was bigger.

I hope that Spikes can show them what it takes coming from the Pats.

Edited by Bufcomments

If you haven't heard it, go to WGR's site and listen, it was a great interview.

One of the things I found curious was that Tasker named Kelly, Thurman, Hull and Talley as team leaders and the most vocal. Notably absent was Bruce Smith, which made me draw parallels to Mario Williams. I don't envision Mario being a team leader I think on defense it will be Kyle Williams, Aaron Williams and eventually Alonso and Gilmore.