Ray Rice suspended two games? (Update: now cut/suspended)

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be nice to be so all powerful that YOU know better than she does, and that YOU can so easily make fun of her real emotions & feelings. Well, either all powerful or all wrong.

incredible isn't it, all these arm chair psychiatrists and excess moralists telling this woman what she should think and what's best for her, in spite of contradicting what she says and knowing very little about the relationship

incredible isn't it, all these arm chair psychiatrists and excess moralists telling this woman what she should think and what's best for her, in spite of contradicting what she says and knowing very little about the relationship

c'mon. we know as his fiancee, he knocked her unconscious and pulled her caveman like from an elevator. then she married him. that alone is enough to make an appraisal of her judgement. if your daughter was in a similar situation what would you advise?

c'mon. we know as his fiancee, he knocked her unconscious and pulled her caveman like from an elevator. then she married him. that alone is enough to make an appraisal of her judgement. if your daughter was in a similar situation what would you advise?

if i had a daughter and in that situation, Id most likely be able to ask direct questions and understand more about the relationship (unless I was Jon Voight). And Id base my advice on that information. But without the benefit of knowing anything else, I will leave it to this adult female to determine what's best for her and her family.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

if i had a daughter and in that situation, Id most likely be able to ask direct questions and understand more about the relationship (unless I was Jon Voight). And Id base my advice on that information. But without the benefit of knowing anything else, I will leave it to this adult female to determine what's best for her and her family.

i can't fathom mitigating circumstances that would push me to advise staying with him. care to give some examples?

i can't fathom mitigating circumstances that would push me to advise staying with him. care to give some examples?

Generically, she loves the guy, knows he has problems (which BTW she may have some too). They're working on it and committed to making it work. They're in joint therapy making progress, etc etc. People change. Ive seen some really messed up relationships work out, and some that started out like fairy tales end in tears.

Not fair. He doesn't have a daughter.

Until you have one you just dont know what a father will do to protect his girls .

Ray Rice would not be in the condition he is currently in if it was any one of my daughters. Even if she was wrong and spit at him

Generically, she loves the guy, knows he has problems (which BTW she may have some too). They're working on it and committed to making it work. They're in joint therapy making progress, etc etc. People change. Ive seen some really messed up relationships work out, and some that started out like fairy tales end in tears.

and while she waits for change she could be dead. what was the name of that panthers receiver? Edited by birdog1960

Its surely possible a couple so dysfunctional that would allow these things could "work it out " . but its pretty horrific to consider

and while she waits for change she could be dead. what was the name of that panthers receiver?

Oh come on, you know better than to think every incident like that leads to murder. No I don't have the stats to back it up (but at least not pretending like some on here), but I have to believe that most instances of domestic violence do not lead to murder.

Define "poor."

I know... Having to "struggle" a little. He won't exactly be "poor."

Anway... I get the feeling that his fiancee, now wife reconciled because she realized what she would lose. Most NFL wives dump their hubby anyway after they retire.

I sympathize with her abuse... But she isn't helping... Maybe she really REALLY loves Ray. Maybe this will help the love grow so it is a lifetime thing... Not just the typical NFL marriage.

I have a hard time seeing her as sincere.

Oh come on, you know better than to think every incident like that leads to murder. No I don't have the stats to back it up (but at least not pretending like some on here), but I have to believe that most instances of domestic violence do not lead to murder.

if you're her dad, what percentage is acceptable?

if you're her dad, what percentage is acceptable?

Can we stop with the hypothetical "youre her dad"? IMO we know very little about that relationship. I find it extremely presumptuous and incredibly arrogant that outsiders are trying to dictate an outcome and course of action for her thru the media, against her stated wishes. And now of course we have bandwagon politicians trying to get the state involved.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Can we stop with the hypothetical "youre her dad"? IMO we know very little about that relationship. I find it extremely presumptuous and incredibly arrogant that outsiders are trying to dictate an outcome and course of action for her thru the media, against her stated wishes.

What part of: "He punched lights out and dragged her caveman style and doesn't deserve to work in the public eye for this company (The NFL) and have the privilege to earn millions" don't you understand? It's unbecoming abhorrent behavior that will not be rewarded.

I am all for going Penn State on his azz and letting him back in a couple of years from now. Freddy is 33, if Rice wants it bad enough, he'll work for it AND the love of his wife. Maybe this keeps them together FOR LIFE and not just the typical "NFL marriage."

Can we stop with the hypothetical "youre her dad"? IMO we know very little about that relationship. I find it extremely presumptuous and incredibly arrogant that outsiders are trying to dictate an outcome and course of action for her thru the media, against her stated wishes. And now of course we have bandwagon politicians trying to get the state involved.

not a hypothetical. somebody's her dad.