Who is Sammy Watkins

ganesh

he has the ability and skills to be the first offensive superstar the team has had for years.

Looking forward for the tough catches in the end zone, That will set him apart from

The pack.

sammy, has the potential to do some serious damage in the league. it's possible he

Was worth the price.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he has the ability and skills to be the first offensive superstar the team has had for years.

Looking forward for the tough catches in the end zone, That will set him apart from

The pack.

sammy, has the potential to do some serious damage in the league. it's possible he

Was worth the price.

Don't say that- everyone wants to hear how we got screwed....

I have a relative who is a FO executive for another NFL team. He was pretty straightforward that he thought it was a lot to give up for a WR and he did not think he would have done it with his team. However - he said in this case, he didn't think it was necessarily an extremely risky move for this team because they have so much young talent and very few holes/needs. It was a unique situation and the timing of the trade made sense, he could not see many teams being able to do the same. He did not think the loss of the 1st rounder next year would have much, if any, negative impact because even if they did take a QB in the 1st round next year, again they would be starting over with a rookie and it is rare for that to result in taking steps forward vs. backward. Any other position you can get in FA. Also - he was impressed that they were able to keep their picks this year and only gave up picks next year, which is going to be a weaker draft. Food for thought.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i'm still playing wait and see. doing well in training camp is one thing, but i want to see what happens when the season starts. ej still has to get him the ball, or some qb on the roster does. wr's are only good when they get the ball thrown to them.

i'm still playing wait and see. doing well in training camp is one thing, but i want to see what happens when the season starts. ej still has to get him the ball, or some qb on the roster does. wr's are only good when they get the ball thrown to them.

Very true. He had a QB in college who was far from polished IMO. So he is used to that, at least.

Very true!! I also feel that EJ is far ahead of Boyd as far as skills are concerned

Boyd was really bad. If you watch the Orange Bowl some of his throws are just shocking.

I have always thought Boyd was a poor man's EJ. Similar strengths and weaknesses, but EJ's strengths are more pronounced and his weaknesses less pronounced.

Boyd was good enough to be drafted. I agree he is a terrible NFL prospect but he was far from a bad college QB

He did some things well. He wasn't "bad" but he made a lot of poor decisions on the field, even as a senior.

Boyd was good enough to be drafted. I agree he is a terrible NFL prospect but he was far from a bad college QB

He has a huge arm- don't even remember where he was drafted to, but I don't think he will be 1/2 the QB EJ is/turns out to be... I am not one who thinks EJ will be great, I not do I think he's a bum

He has a huge arm- don't even remember where he was drafted to, but I don't think he will be 1/2 the QB EJ is/turns out to be... I am not one who thinks EJ will be great, I not do I think he's a bum

The Jets took him in the 6th, I believe. He has the intangibles, but he is a project in the NFL. EJ is a project as well, but he has more upside. IMO.