PPP Fantasy Football

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in favor?

Oh and I have no idea why I am so bad at this league, when I am kicking ass in my other ones. I totally screwed up last week. 2 weeks before my bench almost outscored my team. I think it's time to go full Costanza with this team.

I'm going to hypothesize that it's because you're playing against a crowd best described by "So stupid it's genius."

Hate to open up a can of worms here, but why aren't there any African-American kickers? Maybe I'm forgetting a player or two, but even if so, for the most part the kicking ranks are almost entirely made up of white players. This used to be the case with QBs a while back, and there was an ugly stereotype that black athletes weren't smart enough for the position. But clearly that stereotype no longer exists with a lot of black QBs now. But what about kickers, even the ugly prejudice regarding IQ can't explain where there are none/next to none, as no one thinks kicking has anything to do w/intelligence.

Edited by JTSP

Hate to open up a can of worms here, but why aren't there any African-American kickers? Maybe I'm forgetting a player or two, but even if so, for the most part the kicking ranks are almost entirely made up of white players. This used to be the case with QBs a while back, and there was an ugly stereotype that black athletes weren't smart enough for the position. But clearly that stereotype no longer exists with a lot of black QBs now. But what about kickers, even the ugly prejudice regarding IQ can't explain where there are none/next to none, as no one thinks kicking has anything to do w/intelligence.

This has nothing to do with fantasy football. But thank you for spreading your special brand of stupid into this thread.

While we are on the topic of naming things....what should JTSP's action above be called?

Thread Contamination?

Thread Pollution?

Yeah, yeah we all know about highjacking, but, highjacking requires other people in the thread to give a schit about what the highjacker is saying. Nobody does.

It's not the same, hence the need for a new word. Normally the default is to go with connering, or gatoring, but, they generally stay on topic.

The dark horse for the name? The fool starts with "Hate to open up can of worms here". There are numerous :rolleyes: at work here:

1. No he doesn't hate it.

2. As if his action/content are going to be immediately taken seriously...enough for it to be like a can of woms

3. He's over-determining cause. Standard leftist practice: when something can be caused by many things, or a combination of many things? Ignore that, and instead pretend that only 1 thing is the cause.

So, perhaps the dark horse name is pseudo-worming? Faking a can? Plastic worming? Just plain: Worming? I dunno.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

While we are on the topic of naming things....what should JTSP's action above be called?

Thread Contamination?

Thread Pollution?

Yeah, yeah we all know about highjacking, but, highjacking requires other people in the thread to give a schit about what the highjacker is saying. Nobody does.

It's not the same, hence the need for a new word. Normally the default is to go with connering, or gatoring, but, they generally stay on topic.

The dark horse for the name? The fool starts with "Hate to open up can of worms here". There are numerous :rolleyes: at work here:

1. No he doesn't hate it.

2. As if his action/content are going to be immediately taken seriously...enough for it to be like a can of woms

3. He's over-determining cause. Standard leftist practice: when something can be caused by many things, or a combination of many things? Ignore that, and instead pretend that only 1 thing is the cause.

So, perhaps the dark horse name is pseudo-worming? Faking a can? Plastic worming? Just plain: Worming? I dunno.

I agree it should be named. He's got me on ignore (just for repeating JTSP's own words, not for insulting him -- which makes it even funnier to me) and yet he makes a random post in a thread I started. If I'm on ignore, shouldn't the threads I start be ignored as well?

With all that in mind, OC is on the right track. This kind of stuff needs a suitable name.

Good advice:)

This has no place in this thread.

You should start a new one. On the main board, where it belongs.

I agree it should be named. He's got me on ignore (just for repeating JTSP's own words, not for insulting him -- which makes it even funnier to me) and yet he makes a random post in a thread I started. If I'm on ignore, shouldn't the threads I start be ignored as well?

With all that in mind, OC is on the right track. This kind of stuff needs a suitable name.

Good advice:)

It's called "cyberdrool."

It's called "cyberdrool."

Yeah, but that's a noun. We are looking for verb here.

Cyberdrooling is interesting. But, drooling is sorta passive/autonomic. We are talking about an intentional act.

Also, we might want use something that reminds us of JTSP's posting habits, since he's the one that does this.

Tapeworming? You get the parasitic activity == throwing random crap into a thread he knows we are all going to read. LAMPing this crap wouldn't work, because nobody would read/reply to the thread. But, by attaching himself to a thread that is viable, the parasite gets his message at least viewed. You get the worming part, which covers the true origin == JTSP's "can of worms: post. And, you get the creepy worming part == this activity should have a negative connotation, and, parasitic stigma should be assigned to those that do it.

How about tapeworming?