PPP Fantasy Football

Christ Point Per Reception(PPR) again? Do we HAVE to use this? Everything else is fine, but PPR makes a guy like Julian Edelman == Megatron, or Sammy(we pray).

Just my opinion. I can play it either way.

EDIT:

Here's an example:

1. Typical Edelman Day = 13 catches(13 pts) for 70 yards(7 pts) = 20 pts

2. Typical Megatron Day = 6 catches(6 pts) for 140 yards(14 pts) = 20 pts

Double the yards. Same points. If Edelman averages 1.5 TDs, and Megatron 1...Edelman is a better WR option than Megatron? WTF? Moreover, we know that Edelman is very likely to catch 10 balls a game, even if he only gets 20 yards.

Edelman has the equivalent of a 100 yard game, every game, not due to talent, or even effectiveness, but due to scheme. :wallbash:

This is fantasy football, with fantasy meaning create the best set of players based on individual talent. It does not mean reward dink and dunk offensive schemes, and their players, by default.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ Point Per Reception(PPR) again? Do we HAVE to use this? Everything else is fine, but PPR makes a guy like Julian Edelman == Megatron, or Sammy(we pray).

EDIT:

Here's an example:

Double the yards. Same points. If Edelman averages 1.5 TDs, and Megatron 1...Edelman is a better WR option than Megatron? WTF? Moreover, we know that Edelman is very likely to catch 10 balls a game, even if he only gets 20 yards.

Edelman has the equivalent of a 100 yard game, every game, not due to talent, or even effectiveness, but due to scheme. :wallbash:

This is fantasy football, with fantasy meaning create the best set of players based on individual talent. It does not mean reward dink and dunk offensive schemes, and their players, by default.

I'm willing to change it if the majority agree. I personally like PPR and think it'll help considering it's a 14 person league. Now's the time to sound off about rule changes or tweaks, we'll lock it in tonight when I release the draft order (which I haven't done yet, still on the lam).

Geno's Jaw is now registered and ready to take a beating.

:lol::beer:

It's the eve of the draft, which means the draft order is out. I used Yahoo's option to randomize the order (it's noted in the league's log every time the option is used to prevent any funny business) so love it or hate it this order is final:

1. Fred's Stiff Arm

2. FireChan

3. Frozen F*ck Lizards

4. Matt's Team

5. Orlando Thunder

6. Ozy's Slaves

7. Hazed

8. Brick Top

9. The Moral Crusaders

10. Overanalyze

11. Rib Squad

12. Death Dealers

13. Geno's Jaw

14. Bruce Jenner's C*nt

Now would be a good time for everyone to introduce themselves and let us all know who everyone's teams are. I'll reveal the new team name for the Frozen F*ck Lizards at the draft. We're undergoing a change in our marketing department and are currently out to bidders.

I'm Nick. I owned the Sarasota Super Nova last year, drafted horribly, lost a lot of games and the team folded. This year I've resurrected the Orlando Thunder from the World League and I am going to avoid drinking my way through the draft.

s-l1000.jpg

EDIT:

Here's an example:

Well look at it this way, pick the best players that fit the scoring system of the league your in. This way you can pick Edelman before Megatron and show everyone how much smarter you are than them. OR you can lose and not place again like last year. It's up to you.

It's the eve of the draft, which means the draft order is out. I used Yahoo's option to randomize the order (it's noted in the league's log every time the option is used to prevent any funny business) so love it or hate it this order is final:

1. Fred's Stiff Arm

2. FireChan

3. Frozen F*ck Lizards

4. Matt's Team

5. Orlando Thunder

6. Ozy's Slaves

7. Hazed

8. Brick Top

9. The Moral Crusaders

10. Overanalyze

11. Rib Squad

12. Death Dealers

13. Geno's Jaw

14. Bruce Jenner's C*nt

Now would be a good time for everyone to introduce themselves and let us all know who everyone's teams are. I'll reveal the new team name for the Frozen F*ck Lizards at the draft. We're undergoing a change in our marketing department and are currently out to bidders.

Sweet I have the first pick.

now what kicker do I want?

Whats the thought behind not doing a snake draft when you have 14 teams. I'd really hate to be the 14th pick, seems unfair. Don't get me wrong, its great for the first 5 or 6 picks but as the draft goes on you're going to have 6 or 7 teams that are grossly inferior.

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

Whats the thought behind not doing a snake draft when you have 14 teams. I'd really hate to be the 14th pick, seems unfair. Don't get me wrong, its great for the first 5 or 6 picks but as the draft goes on you're going to have 6 or 7 teams that are grossly inferior.

Wait? It's not a snake draft?

I'm going to be stuck with the 13th BPA in every single round, as opposed to the team drafting first which gets the #1 BPA every round? That's no good.

I'm pretty sure it is a snake draft, or at least it should be. It will be a snake draft tonight, so 1st pick in odd rounds is the 14th pick in even rounds.

I'm not too familiar with this setup, where is that I need to go once the draft begins? In regards to the account. Live draft Lobby?

About a half hour before the draft begins the draft lobby will open on the league's main page (linked here: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/405259). On the right hand side of the page you'll see stuff about the draft including the clock showing when we start. Somewhere in that area of the page a button will appear to join the draft lobby when we get closer to the actual draft.

Normally lastbnplace is best in a snake draft. But damn. With 14 tems...

I'm not a huge fan of 14 team leagues myself, but with this crew it could be fun -- and the scoring system we have should ensure everyone has a competitive roster as points can come from everywhere.

But yes, it's going to be a tough league. A tough league for tough people... and me.

So here is the deal. I have a potential date this evening. One girl wants beer and football. Another just hang out and she said she would help me draft. Either way, if I have to miss the draft for them inoro use to make it up to ya'll by posting a picture.

Nonetheless, I'll try to not plan anything until 930

So here is the deal. I have a potential date this evening. One girl wants beer and football. Another just hang out and she said she would help me draft. Either way, if I have to miss the draft for them inoro use to make it up to ya'll by posting a picture.

If neither one is up for a threesome in which they take turns blowing you while you pick, then neither is worth your time.

So... you choose the time for the draft, then make not one date but two on that same day.

I think if you win the league we should all chip in to get you a personal organizer. I know life on the farm is different, but calendars help keep you on task. :beer:

So... you choose the time for the draft, then make not one date but two on that same day.

I think if you win the league we should all chip in to get you a personal organizer. I know life on the farm is different, but calendars help keep you on task. :beer:

I do need a calendar. And I am fairly confidence I will be able to join the draft.

If neither one is up for a threesome in which they take turns blowing you while you pick, then neither is worth your time.

did ya know i had twins once? that was fun. blondes, 105 lbs, 22 yrs old.

I do need a calendar. And I am fairly confidence I will be able to join the draft.

did ya know i had twins once? that was fun. blondes, 105 lbs, 22 yrs old.

That's great and all but seriously, how can you make a date for the night of the draft AND a nationally televised Bills/Browns game??