A question

The Jets defense is always going to be tough, but not as tough as in the Meadowlands. Geno is going to be a liability, and the fact that you play them early in the season will work in your favor. A decent pass rush will rattle him and take him out of his game. But they have a really strong stable of running backs this year featuring CJ2K, so they'll be grinding it out. If you have a decent run defense and can force them to throw, you'll be okay. The big question is if Vick somehow forces Geno to the bench, but who knows if that would be a good thing or a bad thing.

The Pats* are a little tough to predict right now. They made a number of changes this year, and although they don't seem that much better than last year on paper, a lot depends on how the new players develop and how well they come together in the first half of the season. They are weaker than in the past in that their depth is more suspect, so if they have a few injuries, they become more susceptible. Playing them later in the year is probably better because of that. But having them at home is much better than in Foxboro. Should be a good game, but I don't see you guys having too much trouble with them.

Ice Bowl - the Jets defense will be stout, but I always bet on on Rodgers beating them. The key is your Packers defense improved enough against the Pats. The jets offense shouldn't perform that much better as Geno is terrible and Vick has not had a good season since before prison. I have nothing against Vick, but his record the last two years was not good.

Marsha on the other hand is the best QB in football except maybe Aaron. That should be a fun shoot out. What makes me nervous is Revis and Browner as a tandem could be really tough on opposing pass offenses. I would look for a big day from Lacey. He is such a beast and so much fun to watch. Enjoy him while you can as Backs like him don't last with his punishing style. He runs like a Lynch. I don't see Lynch lasting more than four more years either.

Those guys are fun to watch though while they are healthy.

The Bills nation will be rooting for you guys for both games.

You must take into consideration that we as Bills fans could be biased about these particular games.

There is a thread saying that it's going to be a tough road for us to win the Super Bowl this year. I'd say we are a little overzealous at times

The Jets defense is always going to be tough, but not as tough as in the Meadowlands. Geno is going to be a liability, and the fact that you play them early in the season will work in your favor. A decent pass rush will rattle him and take him out of his game. But they have a really strong stable of running backs this year featuring CJ2K, so they'll be grinding it out. If you have a decent run defense and can force them to throw, you'll be okay. The big question is if Vick somehow forces Geno to the bench, but who knows if that would be a good thing or a bad thing.

The Pats* are a little tough to predict right now. They made a number of changes this year, and although they don't seem that much better than last year on paper, a lot depends on how the new players develop and how well they come together in the first half of the season. They are weaker than in the past in that their depth is more suspect, so if they have a few injuries, they become more susceptible. Playing them later in the year is probably better because of that. But having them at home is much better than in Foxboro. Should be a good game, but I don't see you guys having too much trouble with them.

That inexperienced secondary though against Rodgers... ouch

Ice Bowl - the Jets defense will be stout, but I always bet on on Rodgers beating them. The key is your Packers defense improved enough against the Pats. The jets offense shouldn't perform that much better as Geno is terrible and Vick has not had a good season since before prison. I have nothing against Vick, but his record the last two years was not good.

Marsha on the other hand is the best QB in football except maybe Aaron. That should be a fun shoot out. What makes me nervous is Revis and Browner as a tandem could be really tough on opposing pass offenses. I would look for a big day from Lacey. He is such a beast and so much fun to watch. Enjoy him while you can as Backs like him don't last with his punishing style. He runs like a Lynch. I don't see Lynch lasting more than four more years either.

Those guys are fun to watch though while they are healthy.

The Bills nation will be rooting for you guys for both games.

THIS. Go Pack except for when you come to RWS! Not optimistic we win that game, but gotta believe!

How do you guys think we will fare against the Patriots and Jets at home? Are those teams beatable. We got the Pats the Sunday after Turkey day and the Jets are our home opener. What is the key to beat those teams?

Yes to both they are beatable.

The NYETS - will depend on which QB you get.

the dreaded Sunday after,,,,,, The Putrids (aka Pats*) should only be a problem if the Refs are blind to the home team.

Do you know are the Putrids coming off of a bye week?

There is a thread saying that it's going to be a tough road for us to win the Super Bowl this year. I'd say we are a little overzealous at times

Just for clarification purposes, that thread was also started by Ice Bowl 67 who is our resident GB Packer fan who brings their friendly advice to our homeristic board. :-) They were talking about the GB Packers road to the SB, not the Bills. I know it is hard to differentiate at times, but we have some nice Non-Bills faithful around these parts (I know i have seen a few die hard Browns fans too that post frequently.)

So Ice bowl 67, let me reciprocate this question back to you.

How do you think the Bills will fair in their games against the other teams from the NFC North?

The Bills play @Chicago, @Detroit, & Vs. Minnesota.

Rex has been very slow to bench his starting QBs in the past. If Vick takes over as starter, it will likely be late in the season, and Geno will really have to crap the bed. Especially if they are a run-heavy team this year, which seems likely.

Rex has been very slow to bench his starting QBs in the past. If Vick takes over as starter, it will likely be late in the season, and Geno will really have to crap the bed. Especially if they are a run-heavy team this year, which seems likely.

Agreed. About the only way that happens early is if Geno really stinks it up in the preseason, making everyone jittery. I doubt we'll see it that bad. With the Pack playing them early, it's almost certainly going to be Geno (barring injury).

Agreed. About the only way that happens early is if Geno really stinks it up in the preseason, making everyone jittery. I doubt we'll see it that bad. With the Pack playing them early, it's almost certainly going to be Geno (barring injury).

I think Geno will improve this year. He throws a nice long ball and having Decker and Amaro should help. Still think he'll make some dumb decisions though. I don't trust Rex to manage the QB situation properly, though.

Hey Mark I think you guys hopefully will beat the Bears. Their defense was not nearly the same last year as it was in the past. A matter of fact it was the worst Bears defense I have seen since the 90's. They did add Jared Allen to their defensive line though so that should help. It is in Chicago though so that will be tough. Their offense actually on the other hand was the best I have seen ever actually. They got Alshon Jeffries, that kid is a stud and also Brandon Marshall so your defense will be put to the test early. If you can get pressure on Cutler then he folds like a lawnchair then the Bills have a shot to win. It will be a tough opener though.

Hey Mark I think you guys hopefully will beat the Bears. Their defense was not nearly the same last year as it was in the past. A matter of fact it was the worst Bears defense I have seen since the 90's. They did add Jared Allen to their defensive line though so that should help. It is in Chicago though so that will be tough. Their offense actually on the other hand was the best I have seen ever actually. They got Alshon Jeffries, that kid is a stud and also Brandon Marshall so your defense will be put to the test early. If you can get pressure on Cutler then he folds like a lawnchair then the Bills have a shot to win. It will be a tough opener though.

Yes, indeed it will be tough.

I think the league has to take the Bears seriously this year. They made some good moves in the offseason and they have a real shot at the Super Bowl.

The Vikings on the other hand is a home game for ya I believe. It depends on who you get at qb and that will determine whether you win or not. They might put in Teddy Bridgewater by the time you play them. AP is their entire offense so as long as you shut him down you got the game won. They cant move the ball at all by passing. Their quarterbacks are garbage. Their defense has been better in recent years but with the loss of Jared Allen they wont have that pass rush they use to have. You guys should beat them at home with ease. The Lions will be very tough like the Bears wideouts they have Megatron and Reggie Bush stays healthy their offense will be a big threat. The Lions defense on the other hand is the worst in the division.