What is better, no guns, or more guns?

21 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

the reality is that getting rid of AR's would help.

probeseic or whatever his weird name is, is a hack.  Proven liar.  Calling for insurrection.  But I suppose he's a MAGA "patriot".  Anarchy sucks.  Losers want anarchy- they think a reset will let them win.  uh uh.

Where is the Manifesto?

Next to the Vegas shooter’s in a file somewhere I guess.  

Let’s be a low info and attack a journalist and a perfectly legitimate question 

Edited by Big Blitz

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Where is the Manifesto?

Next to the Vegas shooter’s in a file somewhere I guess.  

ask poboseic.  He'll tell you the lie you want to hear.  Do we want the Bills to win because they cheat?  Or do we want them to become the best on their own merits?  Should we change league rules to favor them cuz they haven't won a Super bowl?   maybe restrict who other teams can draft? Or should we hope they become the very best?

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

ask poboseic.  He'll tell you the lie you want to hear.  Do we want the Bills to win because they cheat?  Or do we want them to become the best on their own merits?  Should we change league rules to favor them cuz they haven't won a Super bowl?   maybe restrict who other teams can draft? Or should we hope they become the very best?

Nonsensical, ridiculous, pointless drivel

Where is the manifesto?  It’s a simple question.  

See this is why my side, the side that’s right about everything, doesn’t emotionally react to every event that happens and immediately call to have freedoms taken away (gun bans lead to lawsuits before Courts with liberal justices that may just say the 2nd amendment doesn’t apply anymore and I can’t imagine where we’d get that idea from).

No lunatic that very well may have said in their manifesto “hopefully my actions that are going to send me straight to hell will get these gunzzzz banned because the Christian school teachers and my parents didn’t support my transition.”

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Nonsensical, ridiculous, pointless drivel

Where is the manifesto?  It’s a simple question.  

See this is why my side, the side that’s right about everything, doesn’t emotionally react to every event that happens and immediately call to have freedoms taken away (gun bans lead to lawsuits before Courts with liberal justices that may just say the 2nd amendment doesn’t apply anymore and I can’t imagine where we’d get that idea from).

No lunatic that very well may have said in their manifesto “hopefully my actions that are going to send me straight to hell will get these gunzzzz banned because the Christian school teachers and my parents didn’t support my transition.”

She/he was f'in crazy. and she was able to get many guns.  Is that good in your opinion?

• Eyeroll 1

I’ve always viewed guns as tools to harvest food, protect your home or use at the range for target shooting. I have no issue with responsible ownership. Lock them up so kids can’t get them. However, I do not understand the gun culture in this country. People posing their kids with assault weapons is sick. Politicians posing with military weapons like they are some pretend tough guy are morons.  Weekend warriors pretending to be GI Joe are stupid and need a life. The glorification of Kyle Rittenhouse is sick. There is nothing worse in this world than killing another human. It is not something to be celebrated. A political party embracing guns at all costs is bizarre. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Let’s recap the last 5 minutes of posts here with a thought exercise……

Ask a lib what’s worse for humanity  - defending guns at “all cost” and made up “celebrating killing another human” (who did this?) ….

….Or (these things actually happen) defending abortion at all cost and then literally celebrate the killing of another human.  

I’ll hang up and listen.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Let’s recap the last 5 minutes of posts here with a thought exercise……

Ask a lib what’s worse for humanity  - defending guns at “all cost” and made up “celebrating killing another human” (who did this?) ….

….Or (these things actually happen) defending abortion at all cost and then literally celebrate the killing of another human.  

I’ll hang up and listen.  

Cool. I'm against abortion.  Wouldn't ever advocate for it in a personal circumstance.  But I don't know when life starts although I'm told by my religion.  Don't know when a soul begins. although I think I do.  But others think differently and have different circumstances.  So let's not legislate what you or I think but allow freedom to think differently.  Freedom is good.  Right?  Theocracy is bad despite what MTG says.  The founding fathers were right.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

I’ve always viewed guns as tools to harvest food, protect your home or use at the range for target shooting. I have no issue with responsible ownership. Lock them up so kids can’t get them. However, I do not understand the gun culture in this country. People posing their kids with assault weapons is sick. Politicians posing with military weapons like they are some pretend tough guy are morons.  Weekend warriors pretending to be GI Joe are stupid and need a life. The glorification of Kyle Rittenhouse is sick. There is nothing worse in this world than killing another human. It is not something to be celebrated. A political party embracing guns at all costs is bizarre. 

You’d never know it from the media. What’s worse to them and the moron in the White House and his minions is not celebrating the trans individual and giving them constant approval. Oh and don’t forget to teach children what a wonderful thing trans culture is. If we don’t do that , well shootings  are the natural result ! 

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

You’d never know it from the media. What’s worse to them and the moron in the White House and his minions is not celebrating the trans individual and giving them constant approval. Oh and don’t forget to teach children what a wonderful thing trans culture is. If we don’t do that , well shootings  are the natural result ! 

I feel sad for trans folk.  I knew who I was from a very early age.  It was easy.  Not so much for genetic mistakes and hormonal chaos.  No one that I know is advocating for transsexualism. It's 0.5% of the population.  Much more deviation from the norm in the 30% MAGA's.  Killing and rioting and social unrest are against the natural order imo.  They sure don't help anyone.  I wish they'd just stop hurting people who are different from them.

Edited by redtail hawk

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I feel sad for trans folk.  I knew who I was from a very early age.  It was easy.  Not so much for genetic mistakes and hormonal chaos.  No one that I know is advocating for transsexualism. It's 0.5% of the population.  Much more deviation from the norm in the 30% MAGA's.  Killing and rioting and social unrest are against the natural order imo.  They sure don't help anyone.

So , you don’t know many Democrats ?   0.5 % certainly don’t need special rights , or for everyone else to confirm to their wants and desires. The left wants social unrest , rioting etc. Perhaps you missed the summer of 2020 ? They don’t want order, they want riots . They don’t want education or to compete- they want “ free stuff” They don’t want a secure border - they say no one is illegal . They don’t want rule of law or personal responsibility -    they want “real change”, abortion up until birth etc etc. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So , you don’t know many Democrats ?   0.5 % certainly don’t need special rights , or for everyone else to confirm to their wants and desires. The left wants social unrest , rioting etc. Perhaps you missed the summer of 2020 ? They don’t want order, they want riots . They don’t want education or to compete- they want “ free stuff” They don’t want a secure border - they say no one is illegal . They don’t want rule of law or personal responsibility -    they want “real change”, abortion up until birth etc etc. 

ok, this really is a straw man.  I'm on the left. I'm not conforming to trans desires.  I'm in support of their FREEDOM to do so.  I want education.  I want people to be able to make change or understand fractions (when I was a teaching assistant at a public university it amazed my how many kids taking general Chemistry couldn't do that.  I'd say it was around 30%.  I want the rule of law.   Cheaters shouldn't win.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t know how the trans issue relates to guns. I don’t know anything about trans issues other than people who identify as such should be free to live without harassment or discrimination. I also don’t understand the desire by some to flaunt their sexuality. Drag queens and weekend GI Joe with his AR meet at the parade. Welcome to America today!

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Ok, I may be a little dense but I’m just trying to imagine how this school good guy with a gun works. Schools now have a resource officer (which is great) but that seems inadequate to deal with the threat we are talking about. So I assume our good guy(s)/gals will be armed with AR-15s, I mean they need to fight fire with fire and shouldn’t be outgunned when their service is called for. Bullet proof vests and combat helmets, Glock on the hip too with plenty of ammo on them. Maybe the ARs can have Hello Kitty stickers on them to not scare the kids. They would train urban assault tactics with the local SWAT team. Frequent training is critical, we want them in shape and sharp when they are needed. This isn’t a job for fat retired mall cops.

The high school I went to had 2,000 kids with four wings on the building, 2 floors. Since an 18 yr old screwed up kid with an AR can kill 20 people in 30 seconds, reaction time is critical. My school would need at minimum 8 trained guards, one per building wing and floor to watch over the students each and every day. We will need protection at the school during classes and school events like plays, concerts, club activities, volleyball, baseball, etc. Since these events are during off hours or weekends, we’ll need more good guys trained to cover the time slots. 

School nurses will need annual combat medic training in tourniquets, battlefield wound care, etc. to be prepared for that fateful day. Now it would be stupid for the school to not have adequate insurance to cover the chance of accidental death as a result of the armed good guy who is a school employee. So I would assume their insurance premiums will rise to cover the increased risk. I think that about covers it, but that just keeps the kids safe at school. Or we can do something to limit who gets guns. 

Just wondering... did you watch the video from Nashville of the loony-tran? It spent a good minute shooting through the front entry way and trying to fit inside the shot out doors. 

It would have been dead if there was a SRO in the front office. Even if that SRO had a .22LR 

You don't need AR's, body armor (even though most SRO's/LEO wear them during their duty hours) or helmets. Nurses with combat training? LOL... you're just being silly at this point. 

5 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Just wondering... did you watch the video from Nashville of the loony-tran? It spent a good minute shooting through the front entry way and trying to fit inside the shot out doors. 

It would have been dead if there was a SRO in the front office. Even if that SRO had a .22LR 

You don't need AR's, body armor (even though most SRO's/LEO wear them during their duty hours) or helmets. Nurses with combat training? LOL... you're just being silly at this point. 

the media states they have no motive, but wont release the manifesto she left with the suicide note.

wonder if they ever will.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

well, she was seeing a psychiatrist.  I haven't seen her medicine cabinet but I'll bet there were some potent meds there.

is evil

That doesn't matter... at all. A lot of people see a shrink for various reasons. Doesn't mean they are on benzo's or anything else major.

Seeing a LPC, psychiatrist, psychologist, etc. for a disorder shouldn't prevent you from having a constitutional right. Again, most states have laws in place to where if someone is a threat to themselves or someone else... then they are prevented at that point... until they show they are competent to own a firearm.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

That doesn't matter... at all. A lot of people see a shrink for various reasons. Doesn't mean they are on benzo's or anything else major.

Seeing a LPC, psychiatrist, psychologist, etc. for a disorder shouldn't prevent you from having a constitutional right. Again, most states have laws in place to where if someone is a threat to themselves or someone else... then they are prevented at that point... until they show they are competent to own a firearm.

what about if someone is having a psychotic break?  or is just nuts like she was.  Should she have been able to get those guns in her obviously compromised state, Dr Freud?  Is shooting 9 yo normal emotional behavior in your school doc?

Oh, btw, this is what I get for not fact checking the talking heads.  The prevalence of transsexuality appears to be much less than 0.5%

In the United States, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V 2013) gives the following estimates: "For natal adult males [MTF], prevalence ranges from 0.005% to 0.014%, and for natal females [FTM], from 0.002% to 0.003%."

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1