NFL Sunday Ticket 2014...No Satellite required!

I was satisified with this option last year as I watched on my iPad and mirrored through my Apple TV in order to watch on my TV. It looks like the only real difference for me between this version and the max version is no RedZone channel but for $130 less I can live without it. I purchased through my PS3 the previous two years which was horrible

This has me concerned though as I hope they dont restrict anyone if they are able to get DirecTv

I received an error message that says I am unable to purchase NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV. What does that mean?

First, please verify that your personal information is correct. If you still receive an error message, you may not be eligible to purchase. NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV. Currently, the service is available only to people who live in select areas or residence types, or are enrolled in select universities

Edited by Max997

$200 is fair... but RedZone costing an extra $130 when it's $5/mo as part of a cable sports package (NBA channel, etc etc) is kind of a rip.

the extra $130 for max gets you the redzone channel, fantasy zone and ability to play on your gaming device but the only one of the 3 i would miss is redzone

the extra $130 for max gets you the redzone channel, fantasy zone and ability to play on your gaming device but the only one of the 3 i would miss is redzone

Right, so for me it's $130 for RZC, the other stuff I couldn't care less about.

Didn't see this posted elsewhere, sorry if it has been.

No longer need Directv to get NFL Sunday Ticket! Prices seem reasonable, starting at $199. Hopefully they come out with an app for Roku or AppleTV

https://nflst.direct...nflws/index.jsp

AWESOME. Thanks for posting!

WTF, said I was ineligible to purchase. Seems like a scam by Direct TV to lure people to the site, tell them they are ineligible, and then try to get them to sign-up for DirectTv. I used the Madden code last year.

I'm eligible... so I don't think it's just a ruse to get people on the site. I think you have to be ineligible for dish service to get the digital only service. Same as in the past... just they are making it easier this time.

Online streaming is certainly the way of the future. Glad the NFL is onboard. I've been watching tv through a computer for about 5 years now but these streaming devices certainly make it easier for the average user

Surprised I'm eligible - I have suspended my DirecTV service for the summer, seeing if I can cut the cord permanently.

So if I just want to use airplay on my ipad I just need the $199 option, right? Don't need the Red Zone channel. I've found that usually after the Bills early game is over there's only a handful of late games, and I can just as easily tune in to the specific game I'm interested in. If this works that'll be awesome!

Looking into it a little more, it's similar to what they had previously, just more people are eligible. You don't need to have access to get satellite, its just restricted to certain areas. My house in York PA is not eligible, but my house in Liverpool NY is. Not sure the difference.

"DirecTV's streaming packages start at $200 for the year, and will only be available to people in selected cities -- you can check the website to see if you're eligible."

Edited by gflande1

AWESOME. Thanks for posting!

WTF, said I was ineligible to purchase. Seems like a scam by Direct TV to lure people to the site, tell them they are ineligible, and then try to get them to sign-up for DirectTv. I used the Madden code last year.

what do you mean you used your Madden Code? do you mean just to login? if so that could be why it said you were ineligible

read this on PFT about eligibility

Specifically, live, out-of-market NFL games can be streamed without a DirecTV subscription if: (1) the customer lives in New York City, Philadelphia, or San Francisco; (2) the customer lives in an apartment building where DirecTV is not available; or (3) the customer attends the University of Washington, Texas at Austin, USC, Michigan-Ann Arbor, Florida, Colorado at Boulder, Alabama, Syracuse, Ohio State, or Harvard.

i just tried and also told ineligible for south jersey even though im in the Philly market...hopefully i can just purchase max again which i also got last year from the madden code

Edited by Max997

Didn't see this posted elsewhere, sorry if it has been.

No longer need Directv to get NFL Sunday Ticket! Prices seem reasonable, starting at $199. Hopefully they come out with an app for Roku or AppleTV

https://nflst.direct...nflws/index.jsp

This is not really a great 'deal' per se.

"Now you can stream live, out-of-market NFL games on your favorite device without a DIRECTV satellite TV subscription if you live in an apartment building where DIRECTV service is not available, attend one of these universities, or live in the following metro areas: New York City, Philadelphia, or San Francisco."

As most of us are finding, we are ineligible to receive this package as we do not meet the criteria spelled out on the front page. It is DirecTV expanding its customer base by allowing more means to access the ticket. A vast majority of us will have to go the traditional route through satellite DirecTV.

This is not really a great 'deal' per se.

"Now you can stream live, out-of-market NFL games on your favorite device without a DIRECTV satellite TV subscription if you live in an apartment building where DIRECTV service is not available, attend one of these universities, or live in the following metro areas: New York City, Philadelphia, or San Francisco."

As most of us are finding, we are ineligible to receive this package as we do not meet the criteria spelled out on the front page. It is DirecTV expanding its customer base by allowing more means to access the ticket. A vast majority of us will have to go the traditional route through satellite DirecTV.

You could always get in contact with a friend/relative, have them sign up, and pay them for it.

Or I can go to the sports bar for games not shown on TV (usually get 2 Bills games a year on normal TV) and pay a hell of a lot less

Highly doubtful. I used to do the bar thing but found it was much cheaper to get the package. $199 / 16 games = $12.44 per game. That's maybe 3 beers at the bar...4 if you don't tip. My wife & I were easily spending about $50/week on beer and food every Sunday so spending $300 on the max package was saving us money.

Surprised it took DTV/NFL this long to do this. The NFL keeps finding ways to extend their grip.