On the precipice of camp - some Bills prognostications

* EJ Starts every game...and quells everyone's fears

* Cordy Glenn and Eric Wood start their run of Pro Bowls

* Sammy starts strong, but ends with a fizzle - Woods and Williams lessen the sting

* CJ bounces back, and out the door in free agency

* We miss Pettine's D...but Hughes misses it more

* Mario flourishes in the new D

* We miss the legend more than the actual player

* Spikes earns a nice contract in 2015...elsewhere

* Gilmore cracks elite CB status

* Aaron Williams makes everyone forget Byrd

* 9-7

* Sammy starts strong, but ends with a fizzle - Woods and Williams lessen the sting

* 9-7

So Sammy has a good, not great, year and nearly everyone else seemingly has a great year and they only go 9-7??

if things go as you predict, I would think the Bills would be looking at more like 12-4.

Edited by CodeMonkey

* 9-7

Do we make the playoffs??

My expectations:

- EJ does better and stays relatively healthy. Still finishes in the middle to lower rankings for QBs. Expert TBD fans call for a replacement.

- OL struggles with new pieces at the beginning of the year, finishes strong

- EJ and Woods continue their chemistry, but he struggles to get on the same page with Goodwin and Watkins

- CJ plays better with the new OL. FJax gets less carries in favor of Brown over the course of the year, much to the dismay of fans.

- Our defense slides back to mediocrity, though we improve against the run

- Gilmore does not take a step to elite, but continues to play solid defense. Same with Aaron Williams.

Record 6-10 (its so easy to choose that record ;))

So Sammy has a good, not great, year and nearly everyone else seemingly has a great year and they only go 9-7??

if things go as you predict, I would think the Bills would be looking at more like 12-4.

To go 12-4 under any circumstances, we would have to win four of the following games (NE twice, Denver, Detroit, Green Bay, KC, and the rest of our games.

Even if that happens I still seeing us topping out at 9-7 or 10-6. We're not going to win out on a string of games against teams many of which are better than we are.

Might make the playoffs though.

Here's where I hang up on that though, even if Manuel can stay healthy for 16 games, he still has to be able to put 3 or 4 solid quarters together with even the slightest consistency. I don't see that happening. Not sure I see him staying healthy either.

I also don't see Aaron Williams doing anywhere close to what Byrd did. IMO he was a beneficiary of circumstances last season, not a contributor to them.

CJ's a role player, I'm not sure what people expect from him. With Jackson fading we need a 3-down RB, right now we don't have one after Jackson.

Watkins, according to the reason why everyone says he's great, should excel immediately. What everyone is saying is that, like Spiller, he works his magic after getting the ball, which puts the traditional requirements for WRs succeeding in the NFL as secondary.

Watkins will get the ball, but will he be able to turn those big plays based on his speed, agility, and moves? I'm skeptical since that's rarely the case with these types of players. Both scouts and media alike continually overlook the fact that this won't be Watson on the Tigers playing against a slate of mediocre teams in the ACC and against the equivalent of the weakest passing defenses in the NCAA. Quite the opposite in fact, it'll be more like playing FSU every week.

The last player to come out for which the expectations were similar, while a RB, was Reggie Bush, and he never came close to living up to those moves that he made at USC much less to his 2nd overall draft spot. I don't see Watkins having similar success in the NFL, but it he does it shouldn't take long and there's no reason why it would "fizzle" down the stretch. If he has those skills relative to NFL defenders, he'll have them, if not, he won't develop them and he'll have to go the traditional route of improving his route running, timing, and reading of Ds, all of which are not among his strengths. I'm always very skeptical when it's "moves" and speed that is supposed to make a player great in the NFL since it very rarely works out to the extent that draft experts and fans expect it to.

Win a few close games, lose a few close games, make less errors than last season, have fewer man games lost to injury, finish 8-8 and miss playoffs. TPegs is new owner by 11/1/14.

The close games will be about the same. Happens to every team every season. Look how many close games that the Pats have won, six or seven I think by 3 or less, but they win them. Everyone talks about the three games that we lost by 3 points or less but no one ever mentions the three games that we won by 3 points or less. It'll be the same this season for us.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Anyone want the doom and gloom Debbie Downer worst case scenario same old Bills version?

- EJ gets injured early and Thad is the man

- CJ runs up the middle until he pukes and averages 3 yards per carry

- Watkins gets doubled

- Mike Williams gets kicked off the team

- Dareus gets arrested again and then suspended

- We are better vs the run but teams take advantage of our weak secondary

- Fred retires after ending the season as 3rd string

- Bills sold to Bon Jovi

- 6-10 again

- new owners clean house and we are back to square 1

But I like the OP's version better!!! I hope and pray this is our year. I am cautiously optimistic

Anyone want the doom and gloom Debbie Downer worst case scenario same old Bills version?

- Watkins gets doubled

- Bills sold to Bon Jovi

- 6-10 again

But I like the OP's version better!!! I hope and pray this is our year. I am cautiously optimistic

This is eerily realistic.

- Watkins gets doubled

- Bills sold to Bon Jovi

- 6-10 again

No thanks, we have all read that scenario for months....

This is eerily realistic.

Oh god I hope not :)

No thanks, we have all read that scenario for months....

I agree but someone had to say it ;)

It could just as easily swing the other way and in our favor for once but for whatever reason we haven't caught any breaks in the past 14 yrs

- Watkins gets doubled

- Bills sold to Bon Jovi

- 6-10 again

As usual, if you take the OP's "koolaid" version and average it with this "debbie downer" version you will more than likely come up with something close to what is likely to happen.

Edited by CodeMonkey

* 9-7

- Hardly any NFL QB starts every game.....but Thad is better then most people think so we end up being ok

- One of those two linemen get a pro bowl nod

- Agree on Sammy......because he is not used to the longer NFL season.......but the thing is we probably wont notice it as much as people think because of the wide receivers around him......this is a VERY good group.

- If CJ bounces back and they figure out how to use him right.....its not gonna be him that goes. Not when they used the draft pick for Bryce Brown. Its gonna be our hero Fred Jackson before father time really does catch up with him.

- We will miss the big sack numbers of Pettines D......and we will be pleasantly suprised how much our offense has the ball after forcing teams off the field on 3rd down. Schwartz is a very good D coordinator.

- Hughes is tailor made for Schwartz D.....so not sure why this is a problem. Mario would flourish in any D because he is a top player

- I think Kiko will be missed....there will be plays out there that we will catch ourselves saying......"that doesnt happen if Kiko is on the field"

- I like our MLB draft pick as much as anyone.....but I think Spikes plays well....and has a contract extension before the season is out.

- I hope Gilmore can stay healthy and show us what he is really about....I DEFINATELY think we kept the right safety......

I think there is a LOT of talent on this team.....I worry about special teams and hope the talent brought in overcomes the crappy ST's coach we have....and I beleive 10-6 is possible