AFC East Offseason Review LAMP

Super Eagles fan, PhilaDehlia, has tasked me with writing some football articles for her website.

Recently I have been writing a series on how each team has done during the offseason.

I have broken down each piece per division and I just completed the AFC East.

Have a look and tell me if you agree or disagree with my assessment.

http://philadehliaeagles.com/

Mark - a very nice write up. I might have commented Tannehill has to make the leap this year with holding onto the ball too long which accounted partly for their demise at the end of the year.

That's just a small point, as I thought you were on the mark with everything else.

Thanks for throwing out there as a lot of people for various reasons don't want to invite constructive feedback. It says a lot about you.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

MGK

Good effort.

As for feedback. I don't grade a draft until a few years have lapsed and certainly not before the drafted players even step foot on the field. So, nothing from me on the draft summaries.

As for FA. I would grade as follows:

Bills C+. Rivers may get a chance to shine with Kiko out. Spikes is a 1 dimensional guy who will be exploited by better QB's. Graham is a fine addition. Losing Byrd hurts. The rest are backup types.

Jets B-. If he can stay healthy, Vick will be a big upgrade over last years version of Smith. Johnson and Decker could excel if the Jets get good QB play. The Cromartie loss could be devastating with only Wilson as his viable replacement.

Pats B+. Revis might make this grade an A+ by himself when all is said and done. Browner could excel in this defense. LaFell is a solid addition at the big WR spot for them. If Smith is healthy he should help as a spot pass rusher. No significant FA losses other than Talib who they improved upon. BTW, A Wilson didn't play last year.

Miami C. Albert and Smith should improve the OL. Then again so could have adding my brother and I given how bad it was last year. Finnegan might be done.

Edited by Pneumonic

Mark - a very nice write up. I might have commented Tannehill has to make the leap this year with holding onto the ball too long which accounted partly for their demise at the end of the year.

That's just a small point, as I thought you were on the mark with everything else.

Thanks for throwing out there as a lot of people for various reasons don't want to invite constructive feedback. It says a lot about you.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

MGK

Agree on most of it. I don't see the Pats as being stronger on D given what they lost vs. the additions, but they keeping winning. Nice work MV.

Thank you both.

MGK, I wanted to see what my fellow TBD'ers thought, especially since we all know the AFC East very well. More importantly, I wanted the article to sound objective.

Green Lightning, I don't see the Patriots defense being much stronger either, even if Revis works out. The D-Line & LB corps is where they need to step up.

Very fair analysis. I might disagree with your implication that the Bills FO only got into winning mode with Ralph's death. I believe that began with Brandon's taking over as GM & bringing in Nix. I think they had a clear plan in place & it is now coming to fruition. If there are no more serious injuries & if EJ progresses as all hope - two really big ifs,I know - I expect a very successful season that includes winning the division.

Agree on most of it. I don't see the Pats as being stronger on D given what they lost vs. the additions, but they keeping winning. Nice work MV.

The Will Smith signing is key. With Jones on the other side, the Pats just might be able to have that missing Pass Rush.

I thought the Jets review was a a little weak. At this point, Geno is the starter for the Jets, not Vick. Also, Eric Decker did catch many passes and TD. Not sure if all of that is due to Peyton Manning; but until we find out, credit must be given to Decker.

Look for positive feedback here- those are the best grades anyone has given the Bills- so it should be well received here. I read your piece on the Bills and agree with much from above.. I too don't grade drafts until we are a couple years removed because the NFL and college games are so different- I think anything other than that is a giant guess- but people will always ask for it, and when they read it, generally complain bc the grade is too low- hahaha

Good effort.

As for feedback. I don't grade a draft until a few years have lapsed and certainly not before the drafted players even step foot on the field. So, nothing from me on the draft summaries.

As for FA. I would grade as follows:

Bills C+. Rivers may get a chance to shine with Kiko out. Spikes is a 1 dimensional guy who will be exploited by better QB's. Graham is a fine addition. Losing Byrd hurts. The rest are backup types.

Jets B-. If he can stay healthy, Vick will be a big upgrade over last years version of Smith. Johnson and Decker could excel if the Jets get good QB play. The Cromartie loss could be devastating with only Wilson as his viable replacement.

Pats B+. Revis might make this grade an A+ by himself when all is said and done. Browner could excel in this defense. LaFell is a solid addition at the big WR spot for them. If Smith is healthy he should help as a spot pass rusher. No significant FA losses other than Talib who they improved upon. BTW, A Wilson didn't play last year.

Miami C. Albert and Smith should improve the OL. Then again so could have adding my brother and I given how bad it was last year. Finnegan might be done.

I think we have to wait and see on Revis, but I agree he could make that defense a lot better. I think the onus is on Will Smith. Doe he have enough to give the Patriots a real pass rush?

I wouldn't be too dismissive about the Dolphins signings, they added some good players, despite all the troubles they had last year.

Very fair analysis. I might disagree with your implication that the Bills FO only got into winning mode with Ralph's death. I believe that began with Brandon's taking over as GM & bringing in Nix. I think they had a clear plan in place & it is now coming to fruition. If there are no more serious injuries & if EJ progresses as all hope - two really big ifs,I know - I expect a very successful season that includes winning the division.

Not the point that I was trying to make.

What I meant was that with Ralph passing away, the front office appeared to be in a scramble to make an everlasting impression on whomever becomes the new owner. My analysis could be incorrect, but that's how it appeared to me.

The Will Smith signing is key. With Jones on the other side, the Pats just might be able to have that missing Pass Rush.

I thought the Jets review was a a little weak. At this point, Geno is the starter for the Jets, not Vick. Also, Eric Decker did catch many passes and TD. Not sure if all of that is due to Peyton Manning; but until we find out, credit must be given to Decker.

We shall see if Will Smith can deliver.

I need to see how Eric Decker handles being on a different team with a not-so-established QB.

We shall see if Will Smith can deliver.

I need to see how Eric Decker handles being on a different team with a not-so-established QB.

He succeeded with Tebow... And a man that can do that is a man that can succeed most places...

I don't know what you expect for him, but currently I have no problem seeing an average of 7 rec 85 yards with a total of 7 TD's on the year

I ended up on the gallery page. B-)

you were saying?

How could you rate Miami 2 A's?? traitor.,

keep up the good work

I wondered how long it would take until I got that response. :rolleyes:

Like it or not, the Dolphins made some good moves.

Thanks a lot.

Super Eagles fan, PhilaDehlia, has tasked me with writing some football articles for her website.

Recently I have been writing a series on how each team has done during the offseason.

I have broken down each piece per division and I just completed the AFC East.

Have a look and tell me if you agree or disagree with my assessment.

http://philadehliaeagles.com/

Mr Vader , i am impressed with your work. To nitpick would be just that.

Good effort and well done.

sorry late for the note Sir. I read it at work during my lunch .

And thanks