Interesting comment by Brady on Bledsoe

LabattBlue

This comment was obviously made while DB was still the starter for New England...

"Drew Bledsoe is such a talented quarterback, but I've got one advantage on him," Brady told MacKenzie. "I pay more attention to detail.... If I ever get a chance to get that first-string job, nobody's taking it away from me."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/o...nor-brady_x.htm

I don't know if Brady was implying that DB was going through the motions in terms of getting ready to play a game or that Brady is just a stickler for detail.

Great, now lick Brady's boots too. :)

217862[/snapback]

oh, MAN am i sick of this sh--!

Ok, So, just so I am clear, we are NOT allowed to bash bledsoe.

We are also NOT allowed to talk about how good brady is. As a matter of fact, we can't say how any team might be better than our beloved Bills. Oh, but we also can't talk about JP Losman. And shockingly, we can't mention Bledsoe should start, because there should be open competition.

Ok, from now on, I think thread should start "GO BILLS!" followed by 8-15 posts replying "I Agree! Go Bills!"

We are also NOT allowed to talk about how good brady is. As a matter of fact, we can't say how any team might be better than our beloved Bills. Oh, but we also can't talk about JP Losman. And shockingly, we can't mention Bledsoe should start, because there should be open competition.

Ok, from now on, I think thread should start "GO BILLS!" followed by 8-15 posts replying "I Agree! Go Bills!"

217879[/snapback]

Just playing with T80, stop LAMPing where you don't belong. T80 is a closet boot licker and that's all there is to it.

217879[/snapback]

I'm sick of both sides.

What does it do for us to dig up a three year old quote (probably 3 and a half year old) that says that Brady knows he is better than Bledsoe?

What's the point? Someone tell me how this adds to any discussion.

It's not about defending Bledsoe. It's not about denying Brady's place in current NFL history.

I didn't intend for this post to be interpreted as another Brady ball washing thread.  I was more curious if Brady was implying that DB did not give his all in terms of practice and game preperation.

217888[/snapback]

I think it was more along the lines of: he was being as nice as humanly possible. He learned from Bellichick how to be very PC. I mean, have you ever heard a pre-game press conference from BB? If they were playing the 49ers, he would find EVERY good thing about them to tell the media. He picks teams apart just to have something good to say about them at these things. Always.

I mean, its not secret in the league that Bledsoe has lost it. We're not making this stuff up. If he was good, there wouldn't be a question of JP starting next year. But Brady realizes that he learned alot by studying under Bledsoe and is being as nice as he can possible be - without sounding like he is sucking his ass.

I'm sick of both sides.

What does it do for us to dig up a three year old quote (probably 3 and a half year old) that says that Brady knows he is better than Bledsoe?

What's the point?  Someone tell me how this adds to any discussion.

It's not about defending Bledsoe.  It's not about denying Brady's place in current NFL history.

217894[/snapback]

I already stated why I posted this. I was curious if Bledsoe was not always giving his all.

Also, I didn't DIG UP this quote. It was from todays edition of USA Today!

PS You're sick of it, but you choose to reply?? All this does is move the thread back to the top. If you have nothing to add, why not start a new thread about something else and bump this thread off page 1?? :)

I didn't intend for this post to be interpreted as another Brady ball washing thread.  I was more curious if Brady was implying that DB did not give his all in terms of practice and game preperation.

217888[/snapback]

Obviously my fault. I was just messing with T. Sorry for intruding. That is actually a very good article. I'm sure Brady never intended his HS coach would repeat those words to the press.

What does the quote mean? Brady feels he prepares better than DB. He sweats the small stuff while DB may have become lackadaisical in NE. What you can't argue with are the results. Brady had to work for everything he's gotten. Things may have come easier for Drew (prototype arm, prototype body etc.) that he never had to really work at it.

Sorry for crapping on your thread. Have a Labatt on me.

217888[/snapback]

Drew certainly committed hinself to improving during the offseason while playing for the Bills.

Too bad he was working on fly fishing techniques in Montana instead of improving his blitz recognition, his mechanics and footwork while bonding with his teammates in Buffalo.

But why would a Hall of Fame QB need to work on the little things? :)

Too bad he was working on fly fishing techniques in Montana instead of improving his blitz recognition, his mechanics and footwork while bonding with his teammates in Buffalo.

But why would a Hall of Fame QB need to work on the little things? :)

217915[/snapback]

That's pretty much exactly what I said at this time last year. Drew--show you are committed to the team, stay in Buffalo and work on your game.

I got royally flamed for that one. :) What a difference a year makes.

that comment says it all. anyone thing brady isn't telling the truth?

fact is, bledsoe has always thought a little too highly of himself as a quarterback. he does NOT pay attention to detail and it's evident in his inconsistency.

let him walk

Brady has won the Pats most dedicated player award the past couple seasons--player who spends the most time on film, weight room, etc.. during the season and in the offseason. He will be in Boston in March back at it again after taking a few weeks off from winning his 3rd SB by age 27. Darn Bills should have drafted him. Oh how it hurts. The Pats have Mo Lewis to thank for that hit.

We should have drafted him? Only in hindsight.

Let me ask how many of us were ready for another Michigan QB? Anyone? Anyone?

A successful U of M QB really flies in the face of conventional wisdom in this league -- especially one with such a quality arm.

I say we should have drafted him jokingly. Obviously the Pats didn't think he needed to be drafted taking him 200 picks after the draft started. Hey, it's a crapshoot and sometimes you do find the jewel. They did and were lucky. If they were so smart to begin with how come he was the back-up?