Marijuna related health problems on the rise in US

Seriously. I didn't read the article but you don't think stoners around the country wouldn't flock to CA if the legalized pot?

Well sure, I mean, they already do. It's not legal, but decriminalized to the point of being a non-issue for your standard street cop (I guess I can only speak for Los Angeles, the rest of the state is probably wildly different considering its size). Not all stoners are homeless though, nor does the availability of marijuana create homelessness which is what the article is suggesting (if not out right claiming).

The article (which I get you didn't read and know you aren't defending) completely glosses over the fact some of the alleged "homeless" are people who moved to find work in the soon-to-be-booming pot shop industry in Colorado. How is that any different than out of work folks moving to Texas for jobs in the booming natural gas industry there? We wouldn't classify those folks as homeless vagabonds, they're looking for honest work. There's a lot of money to be made in the industry -- at least until big agro takes it over and starts making the Bud-Light version of... well, bud.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well sure, I mean, they already do. It's not legal, but decriminalized to the point of being a non-issue for your standard street cop (I guess I can only speak for Los Angeles, the rest of the state is probably wildly different considering its size). Not all stoners are homeless though, nor does the availability of marijuana create homelessness which is what the article is suggesting (if not out right claiming).

The article (which I get you didn't read and know you aren't defending) completely glosses over the fact some of the alleged "homeless" are people who moved to find work in the soon-to-be-booming pot shop industry in Colorado. How is that any different than out of work folks moving to Texas for jobs in the booming natural gas industry there? We wouldn't classify those folks as homeless vagabonds, they're looking for honest work. There's a lot of money to be made in the industry -- at least until big agro takes it over and starts making the Bud-Light version of... well, bud.

Look Greg, everyone here knows that a stoner couldn't have written such a well reasoned reply. Who wrote this for you?

Or maybe Michael Phelps

Allow me to elaborate. It seems to me that stoners speak in their own language. Apparently, to each other, they sound smart well reasoned and articulate. To the rest of the world it sounds like mumbled garbage, largely off topic and unrelated to anything in the outside world. In this example, Greggy asks how someone moving to Colorado to live on the street and smoke dope is different than someone moving to Texas to get a job. Are they looking for a job in the pot industry? Maybe. Does that preclude them from living at a Motel 6 while they look like an oil worker would? No. What precludes that is the fact that pot has stripped them of the ability to have enough money to even stay at a Motel 6.

I'm sure by citing Michael Phelps you meant to imply that stoners could be athletes or something like that. I can't imagine you think that guy is articulate unless "duuuuuuuhhhhhh" passes for articulate in your book, which wouldn't surprise me in 2014. Anyway you probably noticed his swimming career went in the tank right after he got caught with the doobage.

Anyway I did not mean to pick on Greggy or Bobbo or Phelps or even Jeff Spicoli. They have their own language and if they sound smart to each other then terrific. You know who else sounds smart to stoners? Whales. That's right, the stupid moans and groans of whales have somehow been interpreted by these idiots and others as some sort of language. Seriously? If they were smart they would speak English. They aren't smart. Most of the noises probably come from old whales with arthritis who are in a lot of pain. Some might be having sex too. I have as much or more respect for old people and whales as anyone but let's face it, being huge and old and having to swim around all day, a lot of parts get creaky and cause moaning. If they are saying anything it is "Oh my aching back" and all these stoners think it is somehow beautiful, spiritual and genius. Then agains, as we can see from this thread, they understand each other so who knows. The "scientists" studying this whale crap are basically milking the government for money and making up crap to keep their job like the global warming guys. I'm guessing there is some overlap there with the stoner population.

The US House of Representatives has introduced a new bill to legalize 'Charlotte's Web' strain of high CBD cannabis. Recall this was the strain that was successful in treating Dravet Syndrome epilepsy patients.

House Bill Would Legalize 'Charlotte's Web' Medical Marijuana

http://www.huffingto..._n_5627810.html

...from the article

Paige Figi said the Realm of Caring has about 9,000 patients on its waiting list for epilepsy treatment with Charlotte's Web. "It’s so painful to see people waiting and dying," she said. "My friends -- the Conte family -- just lost their daughter in New York. They fought for New York’s medical marijuana law and she’s probably the reason that bill passed, and then they lost their daughter while on the waiting list. And there’s many more that are dying every week.”

Anna Conte, 9, who suffered from seizures, died last week due to complications from her disorder. New York lawmakers passed a medical marijuana bill last month, but it won't take effect for a year and a half. Since its passage, two other children with seizure disorders similar to Conte's have also died.

Edited by Bob in Mich

. Some might be having sex too. I have as much or more respect for old people and whales as anyone but let's face it, being huge and old and having to swim around all day, a lot of parts get creaky and cause moaning. If they are saying anything it is "Oh my aching back" and all these stoners think it is somehow beautiful, spiritual and genius. Then agains, as we can see from this thread, they understand each other so who knows. The "scientists" studying this whale crap are basically milking the government for money and making up crap to keep their job like the global warming guys. I'm guessing there is some overlap there with the stoner population.

You rely on a fictional character for your example and I picked someone who was an accomplished person, top in their field by far, who was also a stoner. My example was better

You rely on a fictional character for your example and I picked someone who was an accomplished person, top in their field by far, who was also a stoner. My example was better

An accomplished person who was never accused of having an IQ over 80 even before pot who swam tremendously until he started smoking pot at which point his career tanked precipitously. Your example was indeed a good one...........for my argument.

I also used whales which are not fictional but an apt analogy. So I have real, fictional and analogous and you have zero.

Like the old song says.....

:oops: ....There it is.

Xenophobia? Seriously??

Yeah. Read the article. The feds banned marijuana because they hated Mexicans, and rather than secure the border they decided that banning marijuana would be easier.

Just like how Coca Cola stopped putting cocaine in their soda to !@#$ with the Irish...or something...

Seriously. I didn't read the article but you don't think stoners around the country wouldn't flock to CA if the legalized pot?

Smoked in front of cops in San Fran before about a year ago, they just said go around the corner in the alley.

Yeah. Read the article. The feds banned marijuana because they hated Mexicans, and rather than secure the border they decided that banning marijuana would be easier.

Just like how Coca Cola stopped putting cocaine in their soda to !@#$ with the Irish...or something...

If anything it was rooted in racism. But the best thing I got out of the article was this:

The stage for federal suppression of marijuana was set in New Orleans, where a prominent doctor blamed “muggle-heads” — as pot smokers were called — for an outbreak of robberies

Muggle-heads. I love it!! Quit acting like a !@#$ing muggle-head.

Anyone with a nickel, black or white, could now drink the cocaine-infused beverage. Middle-class whites worried that soft drinks were contributing to what they saw as exploding cocaine use among African-Americans. Southern newspapers reported that "negro cocaine fiends" were raping white women, the police powerless to stop them. By 1903, [then-manager of Coca-Cola Asa Griggs] Candler had bowed to white fears (and a wave of anti-narcotics legislation), removing the cocaine and adding more sugar and caffeine.
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/01/why-we-took-cocaine-out-of-soda/272694/

An accomplished person who was never accused of having an IQ over 80 even before pot who swam tremendously until he started smoking pot at which point his career tanked precipitously. Your example was indeed a good one...........for my argument.

I also used whales which are not fictional but an apt analogy. So I have real, fictional and analogous and you have zero.

Like the old song says.....

:oops: ....There it is.

Pretty stupid argument on your part. You mean his "career" as a swimmer ended after he retired? After he set all those records? What are you retarded or something? Yes, he was hurt by the pot incident by losing endorsements, but so what?

Here is a list of very successful people that have gotten or get high:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/most-famous-marijuana-users_n_5160073.html

Are you smarter than them?

Pretty stupid argument on your part. You mean his "career" as a swimmer ended after he retired? After he set all those records? What are you retarded or something? Yes, he was hurt by the pot incident by losing endorsements, but so what?

Here is a list of very successful people that have gotten or get high:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/most-famous-marijuana-users_n_5160073.html

Are you smarter than them?

Speaking of asshats.......