2014 media projections for Bills

I was listening to Jay Mohr and today he had his projections for the 2014 Bills. He projected them at 8-8, and Dan Beyer his update anchor projected us at 7-9. I thought with this time of year upon us, and many of the radio and tv shows doing their version of 32 in 32 guessing what each teams final record will be, that having 1 thread to post all of these predictions might be fun to see what everyone's early predictions are before we "shock the world" once the season starts.

Thanks for the info nanker! So far it seems that most predictions are probably about as good as you would expect for a team that's been down and out for so long. It wasn't that long ago that all of the pre season predictions had us at 3-5 wins and picking top 3 in the draft. The senator in me wants to billieve 16-0, the realist in me thinks 8-8 or 9-7 is probably more likely, but a good or bad bounce, or a good or bad call here or there can easily teeter-toter us to either 7-9 or 10-6.

its waaaaaaaaay too early for this thread.

Wait until maybe the 2nd or 3rd week of pre-season. Add'l free agents and cuts. Injuries. Surprises on all teams.

I'd say start this thread around August 15. I know its painful during the off-season, but its just too early for this.

Maddenboy, I see your point, but with all of that going on, it would be interesting to see what one suprise cut, or one injury does to the public (or media's) perception. If we are sitting here and everyone is projecting us around 7-9 now, and all of a sudden one bad preseason game, or one really good one, how much does that sway people predictions? Personally, I thought it would be cool to see how these predictions change from now to kickoff weekend against Chicago, and maybe catch what some of the bigger names on radio and tv are thinking about us, because god knows I can't listen or watch them all (although I do give quite the valiant effort this time of year! :) )

Well it does. You give Aaron Rodgers this roster and the Bills are 14-2. EJ Manuel sucks and the Bills are 6-10.

Yep. This years record ( and corresponding seasons) depends entirely on how long a leash the FO has on their 'Project Boy' before trading to get a REAL upgrade.

Edit: to the OP's challenge, 6-10 is a pretty safe bet.

Well it does. You give Aaron Rodgers this roster and the Bills are 14-2. EJ Manuel sucks and the Bills are 6-10.

Sigh, the enduring thread topic. Just sayin' that there's nothing more anyone can possibly add to the EJ discussion that hasn't been repeated a thousand times already so let's talk about something else.

Sigh, the enduring thread topic. Just sayin' that there's nothing more anyone can possibly add to the EJ discussion that hasn't been repeated a thousand times already so let's talk about something else.

I hear ya, and while my opinion on 'the subject' is well known, frankly, no intelligent discussion about the teams future success can be had WITHOUT the biggest question mark being addressed.

I'm all ears, though, on an alternative narrative

Honestly, I am beginning to feel that our season might not be won or lost on EJ's shoulders. It's his second season and we can only expect minimal improvement, of which there might not be much of a difference between starter and 2nd string. So reguardless of EJ, we will get one general amount of production out of the QB position. I think the player who may have more of an impact on our team this year is either CJ or Sammy. If CJ can be 2012 productive and other roster upgrades take effect, it would make more of a difference than if he plays at 2013 (injured) production. Same as Sammy, if he gets his roughly projected 60-70 catches, about 1,000 yards and 6-8 tds, it will have a major impact over if he looks lost and has like 35 catches for 400 yards and 1-2 tds.

However, the ?B position has been just that since JK hung up his cleats. That, and we've fielded some pretty stanky squads that didn't have half the talent that this year's seems to - at least on paper. There are no significant holes save one. And that will not be proven until this season draws to a close. I honestly think that 6-10 is what potty training is to a two year old. You can stick to that if you want, but most people advance to greater achievements quickly in their development.

From 1997 this is the stank:

6-10

10-6

11-5

8-8 - bye bye Wade

3-13

8-8

6-10 - bye bye Williams-the-hammer

9-7

5-11 - bye bye Kevin Costner

7-9 - hello Tampon 2

7-9

7-9

6-10 - Alas Perry we hardly knew ye

4-12

6-10

6-10 - Fire Chan

6-10 - Dumbo arrives (I can't believe I just said that, but obviously I did... obviously)

However, the ?B position has been just that since JK hung up his cleats. That, and we've fielded some pretty stanky squads that didn't have half the talent that this year's seems to - at least on paper. There are no significant holes save one. And that will not be proven until this season draws to a close. I honestly think that 6-10 is what potty training is to a two year old. You can stick to that if you want, but most people advance to greater achievements quickly in their development.

From 1997 this is the stank:

6-10

10-6

11-5

8-8 - bye bye Wade

3-13

8-8

6-10 - bye bye Williams-the-hammer

9-7

5-11 - bye bye Kevin Costner

7-9 - hello Tampon 2

7-9

7-9

6-10 - Alas Perry we hardly knew ye

4-12

6-10

6-10 - Fire Chan

6-10 - Dumbo arrives (I can't believe I just said that, but obviously I did... obviously)

Why is Mularkey "Kevin Costner", and Marrone "Dumbo"?

Honestly, who cares? The media is always wrong and just react to what just happen (the PAts signed a FA, Super Bowl!). And if you aren't a Bills fan, why would you ever pick them to make the playoffs.

Don't worry about the media. just win baby.

its waaaaaaaaay too early for this thread.

Wait until maybe the 2nd or 3rd week of pre-season. Add'l free agents and cuts. Injuries. Surprises on all teams.

I'd say start this thread around August 15. I know its painful during the off-season, but its just too early for this.

Disagree on this completely. Rosters really are not going to change that much. You are going to have cuts, free agent signings, and injuries all throughout the year, the main free agency period and the draft period is over, there has been mini-camps and OTAs to get a taste of what you have. This is a completely appropriate time to have this tread active and I venture to say that most teams projections are not going to change much at all barring a major injury (namely, a franchise qb going down).

Honestly, who cares? The media is always wrong and just react to what just happen (the PAts signed a FA, Super Bowl!). And if you aren't a Bills fan, why would you ever pick them to make the playoffs.

Don't worry about the media. just win baby.

It's not so much about "worrying" about what the media is going to say, it's more of just wanting to hear different people's perspective. We all come on here, and I'm sure most are like me and check multiple other locations for news about our Bills every day.

Even with many posters on here that are doom and gloom, we all are pretty biased towards our team, so it can be refreshing to hear an outside perspective. I enjoy when guys like ice bowl come on here, or some of the browns fans that I can't remember their name right now, and give their view on the team because it is usually pretty unbiased.

National attention for the bills is very low, (and rightfully so) so I always get a little excited when I'm driving to or from work and hear them talk about the Bills out here on the radio. (I'm in so Cali, so this is few and far between) I started this, somewhat selfishly, to be able to hear what predictions, or insight I would otherwise miss. It wasn't meant to be a "look at the big bad media disrespecting us, what idiots!" kind of thread.

Per Nate Davis from USA Today,

Bills 3-13: Sammy Watkins needs time to adapt. So will defense, which lost Jairus Byrd and is changing scheme. Again.

Really, are you serious, I cannot wait until the Bills make this dude eat his words. I think this is the year the Bills turn the corner, 10-6 and a Wild card.