Kyle Williams to be featured on NFLN Top 100 (top 40) tonight

I don't know how you could say Kyle Williams is the only "elite" player on the team when you have Mario Williams on that line also, but Kyle is a hell of a football player. Great pass rush, and it's not because he has incredible speed or agility. He has incredible tenacity, a high motor, and great football instinct. He has solid footwork, and always maintains his gap in a gap control defense.

I find it comical when fans with little to no knowledge of defensive schemes and philosophy attempt to point to overall stats against the run for the entire Bills defense and say, "Derrrrr, see look, he's right in the middle so it must be his fault". You know nothing, John Snow. Every player on the defense is responsible for exactly one gap. Kyle almost always controls his, does not get pushed off the ball, has a great pop and excellent leverage at all times, usually takes on 2 blockers if he doesn't make the play, which for a defensive grade is equivalent to making the tackle (because it frees another defender to make the play). Really excited to see a hoss like Brandon Spikes back there who should be very comfortable making the stops in the middle with a guy like Kyle eating up those blockers who are trying to climb to the next level. Haven't had true beefcake runstopping linebackers since Fletch and T. Spikes were back there, and that's been the real problem with our run D.

Please refer to what are known in world of football (actual football, players/coaches, not fans) as grades. You will see that Kyle Williams is not just the highest graded player on the entire Bills team most games, but one of the highest graded d linemen in the entire league. Players are graded every single play for whether they controlled their gap and completed their responsibility in the 11 man defensive scheme. Do your job, and you get neither a + or a -. Do something that contributes to making the play directly and you get a +, screw up and you get a -. That's a simplified version, but basically that's how it works, and Kyle is one of the most technically sound players we have and also is a playmaker. A rare thing indeed to be both. And he wears my number from college, so obviously I'm a bit of a fan!

This term makes me shudder haha. I'm scarred from the time back when our whole defense was made up of 'high motor' guys. Nothing wrong with a high motor but when that's your only attribute it becomes an issue. Glad KW has way more than that.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When asked who presented the toughest challenge for him last year. Geoff Schwartz, guard formally of the Cheifs, did not hesitate to say Kyle Williams (nfl radio earlier this week). The host tried to get him to name others, but he kept singing the KW praise.

Kyle Williams is the 2nd best tackle in buffalo history (Washington number one)

He had his best statistical year ever last year. 10.5 sacks from a DT is incredibly good. Forgive us for overrating a multiple time probowler that is one of the most productive at his position in the league. The scary part is that he wasn't even fully recovered from surgery.

But we still finished #28 against the Run.,..DTs are supposed to stop the Ball Carrier !

But we still finished #28 against the Run.,..DTs are supposed to stop the Ball Carrier !

That's primarily the job of the LBs, depending. But for a microcosm of how he plays the run, please look at the NFLN spot below, at around the 20 second mark. As I've said repeatedly, he always plays with great leverage and I can count on one hand the number of times he's lost gap control.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Top_100_Players_of_2014_Kyle_Williams/19785d5e-337f-4948-b827-cb748350bc84

GO BILLS!!!

Bills would be a better team if they just cut Kyle Williams, he is too small, and is proven to be a liability in stopping the run. Stats don't lie, the Bills are the worst team in the NFL at stopping the run for the past 8 seasons, and there is just 1 commonality in all those years, and it is the too small Kyle Williams, who just does not command enough double teams.

The reason the guys think he is tough is because they are forced to block him one on one. Kyle Williams is not good enough or big enough, or fast enough.to demand double teams.

He stays in gaps because he is slow and is easily pushed where the offensive line want him to be when they run the ball.

Edited by Security

Bills would be a better team if they just cut Kyle Williams, he is too small, and is proven to be a liability in stopping the run. Stats don't lie, the Bills are the worst team in the NFL at stopping the run for the past 8 seasons, and there is just 1 commonality in all those years, and it is the too small Kyle Williams, who just does not command enough double teams.

The reason the guys think he is tough is because they are forced to block him one on one. Kyle Williams is not good enough or big enough, or fast enough.to demand double teams.

He stays in gaps because he is slow and is easily pushed where the offensive line want him to be when they run the ball.

This isn't a serious post, right? Not sure, sometimes I really don't know on here

This isn't a serious post, right? Not sure, sometimes I really don't know on here

I am dead serious, the Bills are the worst team in the NFL against the run for the past 8 years, and there has only been 1 player here the entire 8 years, and he is a DT and supposed to stuff the run. He is not a good NFL player.

I am dead serious, the Bills are the worst team in the NFL against the run for the past 8 years, and there has only been 1 player here the entire 8 years, and he is a DT and supposed to stuff the run. He is not a good NFL player.

Come on man. This is simply not a credible statement.

I don't know how you could say Kyle Williams is the only "elite" player on the team when you have Mario Williams on that line also, but Kyle is a hell of a football player. Great pass rush, and it's not because he has incredible speed or agility. He has incredible tenacity, a high motor, and great football instinct. He has solid footwork, and always maintains his gap in a gap control defense.

I find it comical when fans with little to no knowledge of defensive schemes and philosophy attempt to point to overall stats against the run for the entire Bills defense and say, "Derrrrr, see look, he's right in the middle so it must be his fault". You know nothing, John Snow. Every player on the defense is responsible for exactly one gap. Kyle almost always controls his, does not get pushed off the ball, has a great pop and excellent leverage at all times, usually takes on 2 blockers if he doesn't make the play, which for a defensive grade is equivalent to making the tackle (because it frees another defender to make the play). Really excited to see a hoss like Brandon Spikes back there who should be very comfortable making the stops in the middle with a guy like Kyle eating up those blockers who are trying to climb to the next level. Haven't had true beefcake runstopping linebackers since Fletch and T. Spikes were back there, and that's been the real problem with our run D.

Please refer to what are known in world of football (actual football, players/coaches, not fans) as grades. You will see that Kyle Williams is not just the highest graded player on the entire Bills team most games, but one of the highest graded d linemen in the entire league. Players are graded every single play for whether they controlled their gap and completed their responsibility in the 11 man defensive scheme. Do your job, and you get neither a + or a -. Do something that contributes to making the play directly and you get a +, screw up and you get a -. That's a simplified version, but basically that's how it works, and Kyle is one of the most technically sound players we have and also is a playmaker. A rare thing indeed to be both. And he wears my number from college, so obviously I'm a bit of a fan!

I couldn't script it better. I swear I am not actually Security dual posting in order to win my own argument. It's just exactly what I said. This has been put to bed. Go Kyle, Go Bills, have a wonderful weekend.

I have just added another poster to my "banned for ignorance" list. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Do they serve umbrella drinks on that crusade island you are on? Edited by YoloinOhio

All for me. All I know is you all must love crappy football, because that is what Kyle Williams helps to provide. I want better.

The players voted him as the 32nd best player in the league. There are 1,696 NFL players each year. What number would be appropriate in your opinion for KW?

The players voted him as the 32nd best player in the league. There are 1,696 NFL players each year. What number would be appropriate in your opinion for KW?

He is not a starter IMO. Not good enough, he has proven to be a liability against the run for 8 years, how is this not clear? That puts him at least 705 then, but he fits in after 1000.

He is not a starter IMO. Not good enough, he has proven to be a liability against the run for 8 years, how is this not clear? That puts him at least 705 then, but he fits in after 1000.

So 60% of the players in the league are better? The players think that 1.9% of the players in the league are better.

Should the Bills trade him for John Skelton to fix the QB position?

If you want to be a troll at least be a good troll. Say that he is around 200 which will get people's panties in a bunch. Saying he comes in after 1,000 just means that you are so clueless that people won't bother to get upset.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Please stop trolling. You are posting nonsense just to get a rise. Your post above proves that as NONE of it is based in fact. NONE of it.

GO BILLS!!!

Common man, your a maroon!

I can see arguing (unsuccessfully!) that runners get past him or whether his role is to penetrate or tie up linemen/gaps, but you seem to be in outer space.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Kyle-Williams-named-to-NFLs-Top-100/b9e7d506-eb39-490a-a0e6-722f4abb8f6f

-Recorded a career-high 10.5 sacks, finishing tied for second in the category among NFL defensive tackles in 2013 en route to being selected to the Pro Bowl

-Led Buffalo’s defense with 21 quarterback hits and posted 68 tackles - third most among NFL defensive tackles

...but he really should have done more, and shouldn't be a starter because of the team rushing yards allowed ranking... . :doh: