Help us Obi John Wawrow, you're our only hope

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you want to improve field position maybe you should consider letting your returners actually return a !@#$ing kick!

Touchback after touchback after touchback after touchback all ordered by our team's illustrious Special Teams Coordinator.

Not to defend the coach but how often are these called by players on the field vs. the sideline.

Not to defend the coach but how often are these called by players on the field vs. the sideline.

According to the players they were instructed to not return any kicks deeper than X yards in the EZ. That's really bad coaching. I'll see if I can find a quote (I think there may be one earlier in this thread).

C

According to the players they were instructed to not return any kicks deeper than X yards in the EZ. That's really bad coaching. I'll see if I can find a quote (I think there may be one earlier in this thread).

It does say there is low trust in players to make good decisions on the field.

If I remember correctly, leodis was instructed to do the same thing when he fumbled the game away.

If you have a great playmaker, you get the ball in his hands any way you can. If he can can help the return game then you put him there. Injuries can happen on any play, any down and distance.

True, but the logical side of statistics says that the more plays Watkins is involved in, the greater the chance of him being injured.

It does say there is low trust in players to make good decisions on the field.

Late in his last year in Detroit his returner knelt at the 5 yard line.

It wonder what the cutoff he assigned that day was :)

True, but the logical side of statistics says that the more plays Watkins is involved in, the greater the chance of him being injured.

Let's operate the team out of fear!