The Twitter Thread

I'm a big fan of twitter. I know a lot of folks aren't and a lot don't really understand it or its value. But maybe we should have an ongoing twitter thread that just posts Bills related or football related tweets, as well as the pros and cons of the twitter phenomenon on sports and the NFL.

This isn't football related, but just made me laugh when I saw it. Brandon Spikes just tweeting "I'm not saying you're a slut, but you're dirtier than my browser history."

That's good stuff. Spikes is a great follow.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Twitter is a great way for me to get quick updates on Sports, TV, Movies, and my hobbies. I don't see the point though in following players, actors, etc but that's just my opinion as I know some ppl some like it.

Edited by Max997

Twiitter definitely has it's benefits and I've gotten a lot of value from it, including tickets to a concert.

Edit: I also follow a good majority of the Bills players.

Do you follow Kiko? He seems to almost always tweet in Spanish and I forgot most of what I learned from 7th grade so never a clue what he is saying. Edited by YoloinOhio

Do you follow Kiko? He seems to almost always tweet in Spanish and I forgot most of what I learned from 7th grade so never a clue what he is saying.

The legend of Kiko knows no limits. It's practically Rosetta Stone. You can learn Spanish in three weeks following Kiko Alonso on Twitter.

The legend of Kiko knows no limits. It's practically Rosetta Stone. You can learn Spanish in three weeks following Kiko Alonso on Twitter.

Funny/interesting note on Kiko - my friend met his girlfriend out in LA a couple months ago, She was about to graduate from USC and he was at some event there and it came up he was from Buffalo and she was telling him about how much she likes it there. He said she was smoking hot. Edited by YoloinOhio

Do you follow Kiko? He seems to almost always tweet in Spanish and I forgot most of what I learned from 7th grade so never a clue what he is saying.

Yea I do. Some of the players can be a bit boring but a lot of them are pretty hilarious. Eric Wood is surprisingly funny.

Yea I do. Some of the players can be a bit boring but a lot of them are pretty hilarious. Eric Wood is surprisingly funny.

Eric Wood tweeting as he drank his way around the world at Epcot last year was nothing short of epic. The man can drink.

Eric Wood tweeting as he drank his way around the world at Epcot last year was nothing short of epic. The man can drink.

One of my favorite Wood tweets recently:

Eric Wood @EWood70 · Jun 6

Jonathan Martin's tweet could be considered cyber bullying right?

(after Martin tweeted that LeBron was weak or something for coming out of the game with cramps)
Edited by YoloinOhio

It's an instantaneous source of news and information. You have to follow the right accounts, and from what I have seen, most people follow far too few accounts. My best advice is to follow your interests, and get your follows up over 500 minimum. If an account is generating nonsense into your feed, just unfollow them.

Twitter also has a high comedic value, especially during awards shows and live sporting events. Quick example: during last night’s NBA finals game, someone tweeted something to the effect of “I bet Popovich eats room temperature canned soup for dinner every night.”

I absolutely <3 twitter.

It's an instantaneous source of news and information. You have to follow the right accounts, and from what I have seen, most people follow far too few accounts. My best advice is to follow your interests, and get your follows up over 500 minimum. If an account is generating nonsense into your feed, just unfollow them.

Twitter also has a high comedic value, especially during awards shows and live sporting events. Quick example: during last night’s NBA finals game, someone tweeted something to the effect of “I bet Popovich eats room temperature canned soup for dinner every night.”

I absolutely <3 twitter.

+1. I can no longer just sit and watch a big game. I have to look at Twitter the whole time.... way more entertaining that way.

+1. I can no longer just sit and watch a big game. I have to look at Twitter the whole time.... way more entertaining that way.

You have to refine your experience over time through trial and error so you don't end up missing some or a lot of the game. Make sure you're not reading or typing when the game is back on. You want to be involved in both things but it's pretty much impossible to pay attention to both at once without losing watching the big game experience. Still, I agree it's a fun way.