Another foreign quagmire in the making: Obama & Ukraine

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone relax. The president will still be able to attend his two Democratic party fundraisers in New York City tonight.

*Phew*

It would have been devastating for the city's morale if he had canceled. It's been more than two weeks since they shutdown half the city during rush hour so His Highness could drive around.

*Phew*

It would have been devastating for the city's morale if he had canceled. It's been more than two weeks since they shutdown half the city during rush hour so His Highness could drive around.

Meanwhile in Delaware, it's very strange to watch Obama talking about infrastructure at a rally when everyone else is transfixed by plane crash in the Ukraine.

The President spoke for 38 seconds on the downed plane: "It looks like it may be a terrible tragedy."

POTUS did something similar -- pre-planned political event -- on the day of the '09 Ft. Hood shooting.

Looked bad then. Looks bad now.

38 seconds................... That's 1.65 seconds per dead American.

Summary: A plane crashed............. It may be tragic.............. We're trying to see if US citizens were on board. Hey, great to be in Delaware!

I mean, let's face it, he HAD to go on. If Obama hadn’t made his “infrastructure” pitch today, we’d probably never have heard it. It was now or never.

*Phew*

Oh, he'll be there. He didn't cancel a Vegas fundraiser the day after Benghazi, he sure isn't going to cancel over Russia blowing up an airplane full of Amsterdam stoners flying to Kuala Lumpur.

So, we have the borders being overtaken by illegal immigrants and shipped all over the country, 300 people (including 23 Americans) killed by Russia, Israel beginning ground attacks into Gaza...

If Obama sticks to his fundraisers tonight, gatorman is going to be a very lonely man.

Jeez, even Piers sees how shallow this is

Piers_profile_twitter_normal.jpg Piers Morgan @piersmorgan · 2h

President Obama massively dropped the ball just now. 23 Americans killed and he says 'it looks like a terrible tragedy' then back to jokes?

So, what’s the point of Obama & Biden still doing campaign-style speeches today? They have to know it will get no play on a news day like today..................................They're NOT leaders

At this point...................The fundraisers go on as scheduled.

Meanwhile in Delaware, it's very strange to watch Obama talking about infrastructure at a rally when everyone else is transfixed by plane crash in the Ukraine.

The President spoke for 38 seconds on the downed plane: "It looks like it may be a terrible tragedy."

POTUS did something similar -- pre-planned political event -- on the day of the '09 Ft. Hood shooting.

Summary: A plane crashed............. It may be tragic.............. We're trying to see if US citizens were on board. Hey, great to be in Delaware!

I mean, let's face it, he HAD to go on. If Obama hadn’t made his “infrastructure” pitch today, we’d probably never have heard it. It was now or never.

I'm no BO fan but this is just nitpicking. When Benghazi happened everyone said the WH shouldn't have spoken until they had more facts. If BO speaks inaccurately then it's another WH bungle, if he doesn't then he must not care. I'm betting if he canceled his appearance and did a presser saying he was now focusing all attention on this then everyone would've said he's just distracting attention from the immigration disaster. I can't wait until this guy gets out of office so there's some new material for the next moron in dumb enough to take the Oval Office.

I'm no BO fan but this is just nitpicking. When Benghazi happened everyone said the WH shouldn't have spoken until they had more facts. If BO speaks inaccurately then it's another WH bungle, if he doesn't then he must not care. I'm betting if he canceled his appearance and did a presser saying he was now focusing all attention on this then everyone would've said he's just distracting attention from the immigration disaster. I can't wait until this guy gets out of office so there's some new material for the next moron in dumb enough to take the Oval Office.

So cancelling the fundraiser and having a "presser" are his only two choices.

And what facts are missing? There are Americans dead in a plane crash and he says "it looks like this may be a terrible tragedy"?

So cancelling the fundraiser and having a "presser" are his only two choices.

And what facts are missing? There are Americans dead in a plane crash and he says "it looks like this may be a terrible tragedy"?

I don't know man, I don't have any answers. I'm just saying that no matter what he did people would dissect it and tear it down as fast as they can. People just can't wait to attack. There's plenty to dislike Obama for, but some are just chomping at the bit for the next sliver.

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

I don't know man, I don't have any answers. I'm just saying that no matter what he did people would dissect it and tear it down as fast as they can.

I mean, you are likely correct, but he could have said we will find the people and will not take as long as Benghazi in a serious tone, and I think it could have worked.

Summary: A plane crashed............. It may be tragic.............. We're trying to see if US citizens were on board. Hey, great to be in Delaware!I mean, let's face it, he HAD to go on. If Obama hadn’t made his “infrastructure” pitch today, we’d probably never have heard it. It was now or never

If only he spoke longer! It would have increased the time per death, perhaps up to 2 seconds per dead. That would have been better.

I'm no expert on planes being shot down and what it looks like, but to me it looks like the explosion is coming from the ground. Maybe the plane was significantly damaged while in air and then crashed or could it just be some crazy coincidence?

Obama has no one to blame for the numerous scandals and calamities but himself. He either set the tone that allowed them to happen or was complicit in them. The White House and the State Department knew the night of the attacks that it was all Al Qaeda related groups involved. They chose to lie because Obama had been claiming that they had Al Qaeda on the run. The immigration disaster falls fully on Obama's lap. Obama announced some time back that his administration was not going to follow the law that he had sworn to uphold and not deport people under the age of 16. What did he expect? If we find out that Russia was behind the plane being shot down Obama's actions/no actions might have contributed heavily to that tragedy. So again, he has no one to blame but himself.

I'm no expert on planes being shot down and what it looks like, but to me it looks like the explosion is coming from the ground. Maybe the plane was significantly damaged while in air and then crashed or could it just be some crazy coincidence?

I don't know. They're saying it came down in pieces. Which is what happened at lockerbie

Nice work by mccainiac.....

After again noting that he has not yet arrived at any conclusions, the senator said: “But if it is the result of either separatist or Russian actions mistakenly believing this was a Ukrainian war plane, I think there’s going to be hell to pay and there should be.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/plane-ukraine-shot-down-john-mccain-reaction-109050.html#ixzz37lsYxdK2

Basically says if Russia or rebels did it "hell to pay", no mention of consequences if Ukraine did it.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Look at the video. Huge fireball.

http://m.huffpost.co...entry/5595950?1

There's no confirmation that video is from the Malaysian plane.

There's no hard and fast rule about what happens to a plane when it's hit by a SAM. But SAM warheads are usually proximity-detonated fragmentation types, designed to damage targets with a pattern of steel fragments at a standoff distance. So generally speaking, though it's possible that a 777 could explode into a big-ass fireball in midair when it's hit with one, it's not likely.

Nice work by mccainiac.....

After again noting that he has not yet arrived at any conclusions, the senator said: "But if it is the result of either separatist or Russian actions mistakenly believing this was a Ukrainian war plane, I think there's going to be hell to pay and there should be."

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz37lsYxdK2

Basically says if Russia or rebels did it "hell to pay", no mention of consequences if Ukraine did it.

Russian separatists have shot down more planes in that area than the Ukrainians have. If you have to guess, guess Russian separatists.

McCain's stupidity is that he doesn't have to guess. But did anyway.