Don't worry about not having a #1 pick to replace EJ

I believe that in this case, the guy's fame worked against him.

He is certainly good enough to be somebody's third stringer.

But no team wanted to put up with the circus environment in exchange for that.

Could not agree more. I am not sure he can play in the league or not but to go from a starter who won a playoff game to now a guy who can't get a call. Look around the league at back ups and tell me he is not better than a couple of those at least.

He is a good guy from all accounts, but no team wants the millions of fans he brings because of the circus it creates.

Could not agree more. I am not sure he can play in the league or not but to go from a starter who won a playoff game to now a guy who can't get a call. Look around the league at back ups and tell me he is not better than a couple of those at least.

He is a good guy from all accounts, but no team wants the millions of fans he brings because of the circus it creates.

No one wants him because he can't complete a pass.

Tebow had a nice run and a good story, but he completed 46% of his passes and had 13 turnovers to 12 TDs. His QBR was 29 the season he was a "playoff QB"

That's terrible.

By comparison here is another QB drafted a year later. In his best season his stats were

58% completion percentage 10 Turnovers to 9 TDs and a 39 QBR

That was Blaine Gabbert

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13200/tim-tebow

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13987/blaine-gabbert

No one wants him because he can't complete a pass.

Tebow had a nice run and a good story, but he completed 46% of his passes and had 13 turnovers to 12 TDs. His QBR was 29 the season he was a "playoff QB"

That's terrible.

By comparison here is another QB drafted a year later. In his best season his stats were

58% completion percentage 10 Turnovers to 9 TDs and a 39 QBR

That was Blaine Gabbert

http://espn.go.com/n...13200/tim-tebow

http://espn.go.com/n.../blaine-gabbert

I disagree. Tebow has shown he can win games in the NFL, which is exactly what you want in a back-up. Gabbert has shown he can not win anything.

Is Tebow a starter? No. Is he good enough to be a back-up on a team with a proven franchise QB? Yes. He will not get the shot because he is a distraction.

I disagree. Tebow has shown he can win games in the NFL, which is exactly what you want in a back-up. Gabbert has shown he can not win anything.

Is Tebow a starter? No. Is he good enough to be a back-up on a team with a proven franchise QB? Yes. He will not get the shot because he is a distraction.

He won't get a shot because you would have to have two separate game plans. One for your starter and one for Tebow since he can't pass the ball.

Teams have proven time and time again they will deal with a distraction if the player can help the team. You think an NFL team gives a damn if Tebow has a ton of fans? No! Absolutely not in fact. If a player on your team puts butts in the seats and sky rockets jersey sales then that is a good asset. This whole distraction nonsense is a lame excuse Tebow fans use to explain why he's not on a roster.

That argument basically states that the entertainment industry doesn't want a popular entertainer. Thats just stupid.

Tim isn't a good enough thrower to be in the NFL. Plain and simple. If you can't play QB effectively, you can't play in this league.

If Gabbert was quarterbacking the 2011 Broncos he would've won a bunch of games too. If you recall, their defense played incredibly inspired football during that stretch and kept them in games in which Tebow was historically abysmal before leading them on a drive for a game-winning 60 yard FG to make it 13-10. That is Tebow's 2011 season in a nutshell. If Manuel sucks this year, I wouldn't want to draft another QB anyway. We have enough pieces in place that it would then be time to go the Drew Bledsoe (Tony Romo?) route and at least get to the playoffs. We have the roster.

I was rather hoping to not hear that name mentioned on TBD this off season. This will now certainly open the door to threads on Hamden and Skelton.

Agreed, true and funny!

If Gabbert was quarterbacking the 2011 Broncos he would've won a bunch of games too. If you recall, their defense played incredibly inspired football during that stretch and kept them in games in which Tebow was historically abysmal before leading them on a drive for a game-winning 60 yard FG to make it 13-10. That is Tebow's 2011 season in a nutshell. If Manuel sucks this year, I wouldn't want to draft another QB anyway. We have enough pieces in place that it would then be time to go the Drew Bledsoe (Tony Romo?) route and at least get to the playoffs. We have the roster.

Totally agree. I think Manuel will be better than fine. But, if not, we need to get an established veteran QB with our ready to win now team!