Colorado Baker forced to make cakes for homosexuals.

Gives a whole new meaning to standing rib roast, flank roast, Chuck's roast and pork butt roast (which always makes me think of Ned Beatty in "Deliverance").

or the ever-popular tenderloin.

No.

This an example of the confusion that the left has spread about this issue.

The bakery did not "refuse to serve Gays"

They served everybody no matter who you were.

If a gay couple wanted 5 dozen rolls for a party.........................no problem

but, what they did not wish to do was participate in a same-sex wedding celebration

The 'couple ' did not want to honor this and went to the state to force them to make a cake.

So now, the bakery will continue to serve everyone, AS ALWAYS............................they just won't make Wedding cakes

No.

This an example of the confusion that the left has spread about this issue.

The bakery did not "refuse to serve Gays"

They served everybody no matter who you were.

If a gay couple wanted 5 dozen rolls for a party.........................no problem

but, what they did not wish to do was participate in a same-sex wedding celebration

The 'couple ' did not want to honor this and went to the state to force them to make a cake.

So now, the bakery will continue to serve everyone, AS ALWAYS............................they just won't make Wedding cakes

So what if it was a Mormon bakery that didn't want to make a cake for a black couple's wedding? Mormon scripture considers blacks tainted and unable to participate in many Mormon rituals. Only in 1978 was Church doctrine "amended" to allow blacks to marry in Mormon churches. Many Mormons still cling to the old ways, just as many other Christians do. Edited by Fingon

So what if it was a Mormon bakery that didn't want to make a cake for a black couple's wedding? Mormon scripture considers blacks tainted and unable to participate in many Mormon rituals. Only in 1978 was Church doctrine "amended" to allow blacks to be full members.

So you're opposed to religious freedom then?

So you're opposed to religious freedom then?

Religious freedom doesn't extend into discriminating against others. There is no right to discriminate because it says so in your book. We don't allow many things in religious books to be done anymore. Should we allow Jews and Muslims to execute their children because it's their religious right? Not everything said in an ancient religious text has a place in modern society.

Edited by Fingon

Businesses shouldn't have to hire women either. Having a woman as a boss violates a Christian's religious freedom. How dare a woman be able to tell him what to do?

1 Timothy 2:12

I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

Tell us more about 1 Timothy, would you? Tell us all about it...its context, when it was written, who it was written to....what was meant by the passage above.

We'll wait.

Edited by LABillzFan

snapback.pngFingon, on 03 June 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

Businesses shouldn't have to hire women either. Having a woman as a boss violates a Christian's religious freedom. How dare a woman be able to tell him what to do?

I was initially giving you the benefit of the doubt, but you used it up with this nonsensical post.

Do you have ANY real-world arguments regarding the bakery, or just silly hypotheticals ?

The owners did not discriminate against "groups" in their shop.

They did not want a to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding, so now they will skip Weddings altogether,

but to you and others, they must not only comply,but accept....................................mindspeak is here

Religious freedom doesn't extend into discriminating against others. There is no right to discriminate because it says so in your book. We don't allow many things in religious books to be done anymore. Should we allow Jews and Muslims to execute their children because it's their religious right? Not everything said in an ancient religious text has a place in modern society.

Actually, you absolutely do have the right to be discriminatory. You are the owner of any services you provide, and I do not have the just authority to make demands of what is yours, and to force you into action which you oppose. Any attempts of positive action that I make to coerse you into action are a violation of your rights.

This is totally different that prohibitions of murder. Much as you own your services, you also own your life; and once again, I do not have the just authority to seperate you from it. Again, any positive action (see the theme here) that I make to seperate you from your life are a violation of your rights.

This is how freedom and rights work. In order to withstand intellectual rigor, they must be internally logically consistent. "Rights" in the way you have advocated them are not. A society cannot have actual rights if one person can coerse another provide them with something; rather, those societies have privileges, which exist only at the whim of the ruling power, and no real complaint to make when they are stripped away.

Your last several posts should get you into The Gatorman's Club. This went from the bakery not wanting to celebrate a same sex marriage to you citing Mormons vs. Blacks, men working for women and Jews and Muslims killing their children. Be advised, we shoot (down) trolls here.

Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act

The state recently amended the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA) by passing the Sexual Orientation Employment Discrimination Act (SOEDA). CADA now prohibits discrimination based on a person’s sexual orientation, religion, disability, race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry.

If you sell Wedding Cakes in Colorado, you have to make a gay cake. If you are a atheist Bake Show Owner and make Wedding Cakes, you have to make a Cake for Born Again Xtians. In both cases, the cake owner likely find the content and union offensive.

Honestly, everybody gives up a little here. If Free Association is dire of importance, don't get into a business like this I guess.