Mike Williams is teaching Sammy about how to be a Pro. Um...

Posted earlier in the thread. Rodak started the weak rumor.

Oh, all I saw was an @MikeRodak.

True or not, this is why I think we should have held on to Stevie. If Mike Williams doesn't perform, we are down to Woods and Watkins, and maybe Goodwin. God forbid we have injuries (Every receiver was injured at some point last year) On top of that, Williams is due for decent money next year. Depth is a good thing. JMO take it or leave it.

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, all I saw was an @MikeRodak.

True or not, this is why I think we should have held on to Stevie. If Mike Williams doesn't perform, we are down to Woods and Watkins, and maybe Goodwin. God forbid we have injuries (Every receiver was injured at some point last year) On top of that, Williams is due for decent money next year. Depth is a good thing. JMO take it or leave it.

Mike Williams is a better WR for this offense than SJ. That is IMO. But it is also seems to be in the Bills opinion. He is also the #3 WR. You can say of any #3 WR on any team in the NFL that if he doesn't perform, they are down to the #4WR and if they have injuries then they are down to the next.... MW's salary is not that high for this year but it is fully guaranteed. They will pay it whether he is here or not. At worst, he won't start. The decision on MW being cut will come next year when his salary goes up, IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

Mike Williams is a better WR for this offense than SJ. That is IMO. But it is also seems to be in the Bills opinion. He is also the #3 WR. You can say of any #3 WR on any team in the NFL that if he doesn't perform, they are down to the #4WR and if they have injuries then they are down to the next.... MW's salary is not that high for this year but it is fully guaranteed. They will pay it whether he is here or not. At worst, he won't start. The decision on MW being cut will come next year when his salary goes up, IMO.

Oh I definitely don't think he will be cut. My problem is that we cut the one WR that we knew could perform at a high level, and replaced him with a lot of ? marks. Big gamble. I just think we should have held on to Stevie one more year so that some of those ? marks would have been more clear when we made a decision of this magnitude. I have high hopes for Mike Williams to return to his 2012 playing level, and for Watkins and Woods to blow things up, and even Goodwin to stand out, but there really wasn't a downside to keeping Stevie besides the cap hit we would've taken next year that we took this year instead.

Oh I definitely don't think he will be cut. My problem is that we cut the one WR that we knew could perform at a high level, and replaced him with a lot of ? marks. Big gamble. I just think we should have held on to Stevie one more year so that some of those ? marks would have been more clear when we made a decision of this magnitude. I have high hopes for Mike Williams to return to his 2012 playing level, and for Watkins and Woods to blow things up, and even Goodwin to stand out, but there really wasn't a downside to keeping Stevie besides the cap hit we would've taken next year that we took this year instead.

I think the 4th (could be a 3rd ) pick in return helped them make the decision and despite reports to the contrary, I believe it had as much to do with his attitude as it did with the fact that his unorthodox route running was not going to make him a high level performer with this particular offense and this QB. I was with you originally - just keep the guy. But I see other sides now after the dust settled and to me - best move for all parties.

I also believe the Bills when they say Woods is replacing him. Not MW. It was he and Woods with the similar skill set, and tapped to play the slot. I'll take Woods every time.

I'm glad you made this point as your continual usage of the word "then" instead of the word "than" doesn't garner said respect. :D

What ? They are not interchangeable at a whim ? Well then ! Than ? goldarned you pepel

I think the 4th (could be a 3rd ) pick in return helped them make the decision and despite reports to the contrary, I believe it had as much to do with his attitude as it did with the fact that his unorthodox route running was not going to make him a high level performer with this particular offense and this QB. I was with you originally - just keep the guy. But I see other sides now after the dust settled and to me - best move for all parties.

I also believe the Bills when they say Woods is replacing him. Not MW. It was he and Woods with the similar skill set, and tapped to play the slot. I'll take Woods every time.

I followed a similar path in thinking .

in regard to the article in Pro Football Talk i copied and now will paste this comment i found 50% true and 50% humorous if allowed.

"

nflfollower says:

Jun 16, 2014 10:12 AM

Master motivation plan by the organization leaking this. The media eagerly laps it up and it has the intended effec

"

Awesome. the media eagerly does lap it up : ) Nice spin by them. Fighting for a position. yea okay.

Mike Williams will make the team. His past production all but ensures it. Easley will also make it but for STs.

With you on the first two parts but the Easley bit is not a sure thing. I think Easley needs to have a fantastic camp to beat out 7-11. If they keep 6 WRs, which I am not certain they will, he has a shot but even then he's on the outside looking in.

Just my opinion of course.

Can he teach middle school grammar?

LOL

williams put up 11 touchdowns his rookie year. if sammy can learn that, i'm cool with it.

I'm not sure that Williams realizes anymore how he put up 11 TDs as a rookie five seasons ago.

I'd be a little more worried about the two discussing their off-field issues and Williams' inability to average more than 5 TDs/season over his last three seasons much less remain healthy or issue-free.

Nope. On the field, Mike Williams is a very polished, talented WR. He can learn a lot from him in that regard.

Sure sounds like it if OTAs and mini-camp are the indicators.

Sounds like Williams is pressing for a roster spot right now.

LOL

I'm not sure that Williams realizes anymore how he put up 11 TDs as a rookie five seasons ago.

I'd be a little more worried about the two discussing their off-field issues and Williams' inability to average more than 5 TDs/season over his last three seasons much less remain healthy or issue-free.

Sure sounds like it if OTAs and mini-camp are the indicators.

Sounds like Williams is pressing for a roster spot right now.

:lol: Edited by YoloinOhio

wAtG9i9L_normal.jpegSammy Watkins @sammywatkins · 15h

S/O to the OG big money @cavemanmike19 real cool dude who welcome me in and teaching me how to be a pro everybody follow him ASAP… http://instagram.com/p/omjyjGI21s/

Worried? lol

That is the coaching staff giving Williams an expectation to live up to. If he fails, he not only fails himself, he fails the most talented player on this team and someone they are highly invested in.

It's a psychological move based on the phenomenon that people tend to do what's expected of them. If the expectation is he teaches him to be a pro, Williams is not going to want to embarrass himself in front of other teammates and coaches.

Smart move by coaching staff to immediately give Williams an expectation to live up to

there is a name for this type of pyschological crap the Bills are trying to pull over on you tater heads and the teams Buffalo will be playing this year. What is it ?

Misdirection ? Hooliganism ? Hoodwinking (? ) Mirrors. smoke ?

Williams is not a rookie he just needs to see some rythym work with the offense and EJ. He has nothing to prove till it matters. And a secret handshake can delay that till GAME time if well played .

But the Other Coaches know all these potential stunts so it's just in fun .

Mike Williams will be a key contributor to winning games for the Bills. he might look like a Caveman but he aint one. they're extinct. mostly anyways

Book it

pretty sure Mike Williams has made a career of performing at a very high level. And scoring mondo touchdowns, and holding on to the ball.

It is a bit up in the air, but IMO Mike Williams > SJ13

certainly when it comes to scoring.

pretty sure Mike Williams has made a career of performing at a very high level. And scoring mondo touchdowns, and holding on to the ball.

It is a bit up in the air, but IMO Mike Williams > SJ13

certainly when it comes to scoring.

+1. I think MW is a better WR than SJ, but more importantly, I think he is a better fit for this system. That said though, MW wasn't brought here to replace SJ. Woods is the one with the similar skill set to SJ, and Woods will be replacing him in the slot. We'll likely see a lot of different variations with the WRs though. Edited by YoloinOhio