New owner(s)?

New owner(s)?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you THINK will buy the team?

• Jacobs/family - Bruins owner
    • Donald Trump - New York entrepreneur
    • Trump + Jim Kelly
    • Jim Kelly-led group (no Trump)
    • Terry Pegula - Sabres owner
    • Golisano - Former Sabres owner
    • Bon Jovi Group
    • Mary Wilson - retain ownership stake
    • Robert Rich Jr. - owner of Buffalo's largest privately-held company
    • Barry Snyder Sr. - businessman with WNY ties
    • Unnamed group with WNY-ties
    • Unnamed Toronto-based group
  2. 2. Who would you WANT to buy the team?

• Jacobs/family - Bruins owner
    • Donald Trump - New York entrepreneur
    • Trump + Jim Kelly
    • Jim Kelly-led group (no Trump)
    • Terry Pegula - Sabres owner
    • Golisano - Former Sabres owner
    • Bon Jovi Group
    • Mary Wilson - retain ownership stake
    • Robert Rich Jr. - owner of Buffalo's largest privately-held company
    • Barry Snyder Sr. - businessman with WNY ties
    • Unnamed group with WNY-ties
    • Unnamed Toronto-based group

I think it will be Golisano.

While I'm OK with that, I would much rather the Jacobs family. I would also be more than OK with Pegula, Rich, or Mary Wilson keeping the team.

Edited by sodbuster

I like the idea of Google owner Larry Page. A Google-infused stadium could be unbelievable. He of all owners could also bring an abundant amount of tech jobs to the area. NYS and Erie County should go all in on this one.

Edited by jumbalaya

I like the idea of Google owner Larry Page. A Google-infused stadium could be unbelievable. He of all owners could also bring an abundant amount of tech jobs to the area. NYS and Erie County should go all in on this one.

I love the idea of Larry Page. I hate the idea of him being west coast based. Yes I know google is worldwide with their branches. Best thing that could happen would be he buys the team and creates another central hub in Buffalo/Rochester area.

Golisano. At least we know the team wouldn't leave and the idea of a stadium in West Seneca is awesome.

Sorry dude, a stadium in West Seneca would not be awesome. What's the difference between that and a complete renovation of the Ralph? Think about what a city stadium (provided you find the right space aka NOT the Perry Projects) would do for the over all landscape. FNC, The Harbor Center, Coca Cola still looks good, and the new Ralph. Combine that with the UB medical center, the Billion for Buffalo projects, etc.

Provided you have the right people running the project, that really announces a full rebirth after being on our knees for the better part of 30 years.

Still hoping for a Jacobs or Pegula to be working behind the scenes. Not that I'm totally against Golisano, but that developer doesn't sound all that reliable lately.

I voted Jacobs and Jacobs (I would be cool with Pegula, Golisano or Rich). I think that Jacobs wants this team the most and is certainly equipped to run a pro franchise. He would absolutely be keeping the team (same goes for any of the others).

this was my selection as well. the other appealing part of a jacobs ownership is that there's a built-in succession plan via his children. it would be a relief to have some long term stability (without fear of the team moving) for a while. of the rest of the candidates, golisano and pegula are the only ones i'm confident will not move the team. and trump is a douche.

Edited by Dirtbag

Google dude

Is there some kind of connection I'm missing? Are people bringing him up just because he's rich? Also, assuming he is interested in the team, why would he keep the team in Buffalo beyond the current lease? For that matter when you're worth more than $30 billion you can probably afford the penalties of breaking the lease early.

Edited by Pondslider

Is there some kind of connection I'm missing? Are people bringing him up just because he's rich? Also, assuming he is interested in the team, why would he keep the team in Buffalo beyond the current lease? For that matter when you're worth more than $30 billion you can probably afford the penalties of breaking the lease early.

its on the internet ..... ergo it must be _ _ _ _ _

see link

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/168102-speculation-on-larry-page-ceo-of-google-as-potential-bidder/