NO BUYERS REMORSE HERE

A few weeks removed from the Sammy Watkins trade and Im loving this deal even more now than when it went down. The reports from the rookie minicamp are very encouraging. I think we are looking at 80 rec for 1200 yards and 10 tds with NFL rookie of the year honors. Think your gonna see alot of four wide looks which should get CJ going again with more space available. Williams, Woods, Watkins, and Goodwin. Thats a major upgrade over last year. Cant wait till september. Yea I know many of you are gonna come at me with the 'EJ' sucks blast. If your gonna bash this thread, be more original than that.

No problem with Watkins. I have a problems with the OC and EJ. 1st, Hackett hasn't proven he can handle being an OC. 2. EJ has to prove he is an NFL QB. I fully believe in Watkins, it's just I don't know if Hackett will put him in a position to win.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Marcel's brother being shot or Williams being stabbed by his brother have anything to do with them going to jail? Last time I checked, an overwhelming majority of victims (Williams) and their family members (Dareus) don't go to prison.

You clearly have little to no understanding of the legal system if you believe Marcel is going to actually be found guilty of a felony. He'll plead it down to a misdemeanor pay a fine, do a little community service and be done. As for Williams, criminal mischief charges? Come on, you really think he's going to jail for that? These guys can afford to pay for the best defense attorneys in their state, you don't go to jail for such things when you have attorneys that know what they are doing. That's the reality of it. 100% guaranteed that neither goes to jail for either of those offenses.

Last time you checked what? -That steel trap mind of yours? :lol: Forgetting the obvious, which is that BOTH of these men were jailed after being victims of crimes, your BS monologue contains egregiously optimistic outlooks on felony drug charges in Alabama, as well as misdemeanor repeat-offenders in the state of Florida. Alabama felony drug laws are notoriously harsh. In some cases sentencing outweighs those of murder convictions. True, first-time offenders on felony convictions typically qualify for probation IF the Judge follows set sentencing guidelines. -Many times they don't. The state was compelled to set sentencing guidelines due to the wide variance of punishmets imposed for identical charges. Like it, or not, #99's fate depends on the judge, let's hope he's smarter than you, and a Tide alumnus,

Florida is another judicial nightmare. Mike Williams was actually kicked out of a pre-trial interevention program that would have likely landed him some community service, and a fine. He's due back in court tomorrow, so we'll see what that hearing brings. Either way, given Williams troubled past, what idiot is willing to swear he'll stay on the straight and narrow in B-lo? Tampa sure didn't feel that way http://www.pewterrep...9562:&Itemid=15

As far as the other weak argument, what makes you think it is easier to throw balls to big receivers than small ones. And these guys are not that agile, they are more straight line speed guys and Benjamin isn't even that fast. There is a very small window a QB can throw a ball to a covered tall WR that he can snag and the CB cannot grab or knock down. It is much easier to throw to an open receiver regardless of their size. If you don't think he can hit our WRs when they are open, who are much better route runners than Benjamin and Bryant, than what makes you think he'll hit the smaller window for a taller WR to make the play when they are covered? WR has quickly become one of the best strengths on our team, IMO. You don't get better by improving your strengths slightly, you get better by improving your weaknesses a lot...OL, LB, and DB had to be the targets after we got Watkins. Period.

:rolleyes: Too much to laugh at here, so I'll start with the glaring things. You simply cannot argue the advantage that a 6'5" receiver has over a 5'10" corner. At 6'3' 235 Demaryius Thomas can snatch a ball thrown over a CB's head while on the run. At 6'5" 250 Julius Thomas will do the same if his QB has time to find him. As great a passer as Peyton Manning is, his team still wasn't taking any chances. Why? -Because good teams don't. They're perfectly content to overwhelm you with size, if that's what works. And clearly it does.

Finally, Watkins. What would make you think he's going to be injured? He only missed part of one game in his entire college career because of injury and that was just an ankle injury. You could create the exact same doom and gloom scenario for any team in the league. Your act just gets old.

Not nearly as old as your blind homerism. Mike Williams missed 10 games last season with a torn hammy. This, just after signing a 40 million dollar offseason contract with the Bucs. Our team lost it's starting rookie QB twice last year (once in preseason) due to knee injuries. Another rookie, Marquise Goodwin sustained hand an elbow injuries which cost him a total of four games. Gloomy as they are, those are facts. Hopefully, you looked away before fainting.

Edited by #34fan

Last time you checked what? -That steel trap mind of yours? :lol: Forgetting the obvious, which is that BOTH of these men were jailed after being victims of crimes, your BS monologue contains egregiously optimistic outlooks on felony drug charges in Alabama, as well as misdemeanor repeat-offenders in the state of Florida. Alabama felony drug laws are notoriously harsh. In some cases sentencing outweighs those of murder convictions. True, first-time offenders on felony convictions typically qualify for probation IF the Judge follows set sentencing guidelines. -Many times they don't. The state was compelled to set sentencing guidelines due to the wide variance of punishmets imposed for identical charges. Like it, or not, #99's fate depends on the judge, let's hope he's smarter than you, and a Tide alumnus,

Florida is another judicial nightmare. Mike Williams was actually kicked out of a pre-trial interevention program that would have likely landed him some community service, and a fine. He's due back in court tomorrow, so we'll see what that hearing brings. Either way, given Williams troubled past, what idiot is willing to swear he'll stay on the straight and narrow in B-lo? Tampa sure didn't feel that way http://www.pewterrep...9562:&Itemid=15

:rolleyes: Too much to laugh at here, so I'll start with the glaring things. You simply cannot argue the advantage that a 6'5" receiver has over a 5'10" corner. At 6'3' 235 Demaryius Thomas can snatch a ball thrown over a CB's head while on the run. At 6'5" 250 Julius Thomas will do the same if his QB has time to find him. As great a passer as Peyton Manning is, his team still wasn't taking any chances. Why? -Because good teams don't. They're perfectly content to overwhelm you with size, if that's what works. And clearly it does.

Not nearly as old as your blind homerism. Mike Williams missed 10 games last season with a torn hammy. This, just after signing a 40 million dollar offseason contract with the Bucs. Our team lost it's starting rookie QB twice last year (once in preseason) due to knee injuries. Another rookie, Marquise Goodwin sustained hand an elbow injuries which cost him a total of four games. Gloomy as they are, those are facts. Hopefully, you looked away before fainting.

So you wanted us to do what exactly? Trade back into the first for Benjamin? Not draft any O-linemen before the 5th or 6th round? Draft a DT to replace Dareus? And draft another WR to replace Mike Williams. And draft another WR in case Goodwin gets hurt.

Edited by FireChan

So you wanted us to do what exactly? Trade back into the first for Benjamin? Not draft any O-linemen before the 5th or 6th round? Draft a DT to replace Dareus? And draft another WR to replace Mike Williams. And draft another WR in case Goodwin gets hurt.

More like grab Martavis Bryant before the Steelers did... and yah, a DT woulda been cool considering #95's injury history. All water under the bridge now.... I Still don't have buyer's remores for Sammy tho... Just wished we'd have been greedier. That's all.

You're a waste of my time. I'll just end by saying this. I'm sure I know just as much if not more about the legal system in the south than you do. Going to a top tier law school in the south tends to teach you a thing or two about the law.

Buyer's remorse? Well, kind of. We were in position to take Mack and didn't do so. Watkins will I hope turn out to be great, but I don't think he'll make our offense dominant. With Mack our good defense would become dominant.

Buyer's remorse? Well, kind of. We were in position to take Mack and didn't do so. Watkins will I hope turn out to be great, but I don't think he'll make our offense dominant. With Mack our good defense would become dominant.

Maybe. I must admit I was screaming "MACK!!" at the television when we traded up. I am happy with Watkins though. I think he can do it all, and will be a pro bowl caliber WR. With regard to the OP...can we just see if armageddon happens before we start complaining about it? Let's just assume Watkins stays healthy and Williams/Dareus stay out of trouble until it happens.

What you are suggesting is like doomsday prepping, NFL draft edition.

• 1 month later...

Remember this little back and forth #34fan where you expertly claimed Dareus would be facing harsh penalties in Alabama and I told you were crazy and he would see no jail time? Guess what? Charges expected to be dropped in exchange for Dareus entering the NFL Substance Abuse program. You are clueless as to how the legal system actually works.

http://sports.yahoo....-120251190.html

Edited by Mark80

Kelvin Benjamin over Sammy Watkins?! What are you smoking? Watkins is head and shoulders better then Benjamin in every single aspect other then height. Yea, he's 6'5" but runs like a TE. If CAR wasn't desperate for WR help, he's a 2nd round pick.

Sammy Watkins was the consensus top WR/offensive player in the draft. He was a consensus First team All American as a true freshmen; only 4 players have ever accomplished that feat & they are all superstar NFL players.

Watkins has a huge catch radius and plays just ad big as Benjamin. He also wpuld absolutely smoke him in a foot race with his 4.4 speed.

Whaley took care of our red zone problem by stealing Mike Williams for a 6th round pick. Kid knows how to catch TDs with 25 in just over 3 season worth of games. He brings everything KB would've brought at a much lower price tag and he has actually proven himself in the NFL

Remember this little back and forth #34fan where you expertly claimed Dareus would be facing harsh penalties in Alabama and I told you were crazy and he would see no jail time? Guess what? Charges expected to be dropped in exchange for Dareus entering the NFL Substance Abuse program. You are clueless as to how the legal system actually works.

http://sports.yahoo....-120251190.html

:lol:

Goodness gracious, you can't even re-hash anything correctly. Please reflect on my original statement:

" For all we know Mike Williams could spend opening day in a jail cell next to Marcel Dareus"

Shortly after our last exchange Marcel was AGAIN arrested for street racing. You're STILL the only one on earth who thinks these two can't get busted for something again. I'm afraid that's still pretty funny.

Terrible analogy.... Can you really not see how a kid like Bryant or Benjamin could have COMPLIMENTED both Woods and Goodwin? You think teams like the Patsies say "We have Welker, and Branch, we don't need Gronkowski, and Hernandez" or perhaps Denver thinks Decker and Demariyus are effective enough without Julius Thomas. -NONSENSE. Like it, or not my freind, Overkill is the answer sometimes... IMO, a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in 15 years should be all about finding competitive advantages.

We added mike Williams. A big physical WR that can high point the ball ipad is a threat to score. He IS a playmaker at the nfl level. It would have been nice to see us take Bryant on a late round flyer, but Benjamin was a 1st rd pick. I'd rather have sammy that Benjamin. How did those big WRs, Harvin, Tate and Baldwin work out for the seahawks? Sammy is a much bigger threat to CBs, safety's, LBs, DC's, ball boys and fans on the couch than Benjamin and Bryant combined. He's a threat on a screen, slant, hitch....the entire route tree. Benjamin and Bryant are threats on the go. And neither can blow by a CB like Sammy can. Now we have 3 deep threats in Sammy, beard and flash. Now we just have to hope Ej can improve on his deep ball.

:lol:

Goodness gracious, you can't even re-hash anything correctly. Please reflect on my original statement:

" For all we know Mike Williams could spend opening day in a jail cell next to Marcel Dareus"

Shortly after our last exchange Marcel was AGAIN arrested for street racing. You're STILL the only one on earth who thinks these two can't get busted for something again. I'm afraid that's still pretty funny.

Reflect on the statement I quoted in that post. So harsh that they are dropping the charges all together? Your armchair legal expertise is amusing and all, but you can't debate with someone who is so obdurate. Especially one so deficient in reading comprehension. And I'm done with you.

"Alabama felony drug laws are notoriously harsh. In some cases sentencing outweighs those of murder convictions."

Edited by Mark80

And Benjamin and Bryant could have gotten hurt too. Everyone can get hurt. So why acquire ANY player? They can get hurt.

Buyers's remorse?

Dude, We haven't even taken the thing out of the bag yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving what I see in Watkins. Still, the thought of an offense that focuses on the availability of just ONE weapon troubles me. For all we know Mike Williams could spend opening day in a jail cell next to Marcel Dareus. Bob Woods, and Goodwin are good, but they're "smallish" wideouts that can be shut down... Where the heck is our big threat guy? Kelvin BenJamin or Martavis Bryan't would have been IDEAL. How can a safety ignore a 6'5" kid with 4.4 speed streaking down the sideline?

A bona fide big-threat receiver would have exponentialized whatever Sammy does this season. IMO, Moreso than Preston Brown or Ross Cockerell. -Picks that would have likely been UDFA's had we not gotten in the way.

Guess that's "water under the bridge," now as they say. In the end, what I think can save us is a QB (and O.C.) mature enough to recognize and exploit whatever defenses give them. Nat Hackett has to set aside dreams of being an offensive genius (He isn't one.) and pay attention to what is going on on the field. That "flea-flicker" he called for Tuel in Cleveland last year was the DUMMEST most tone-deaf, ego-trip I've ever seen. It pretty much confirmed everything I thought of him as a coach. Crap like that can't happen again.

I don't have buyer's remorse for Sammy, but to those who think he's a cure-all I say "Buyer beware". This kid needs a solid coaching situation in order to be all we know he can be.

That just happened.

Reflect on the statement I quoted in that post. So harsh that they are dropping the charges all together? Your armchair legal expertise is amusing and all, but you can't debate with someone who is so obdurate. Especially one so deficient in reading comprehension. And I'm done with you.

"Alabama felony drug laws are notoriously harsh. In some cases sentencing outweighs those of murder convictions."

:lol: It's pretty hilarious how butt-hurt you are over this post. Still, the fact is, sentencing disparities in drug cases was something the state of Alabama had to address.

On a personal note, you should probably get out more. Take some fresh air. Talk to people. LOL.

And Benjamin and Bryant could have gotten hurt too. Everyone can get hurt. So why acquire ANY player? They can get hurt.

NOT what I was saying at all. Not even close. Wow, some of you guys really struggle with context. Anyway since drafting Watkins, and acquiring Williams many of you believe we are "set" at the receiver position. I do not. I wish we had also taken Bryant, Benjamin, or some other big target for a QB that tends to overthrow smaller wideouts. It's how how I feel. There's nothing you can say to change it.