Poll: If you could choose any current NFL QB for the 2014 Bills...

Which QB would you choose to lead the Bills in 2014?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose any current NFL QB to lead the Bills in 2014 and beyond, who would it be?

• Peyton Manning
    • Tom Brady
    • Drew Brees
    • Ben Roethlisberger
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Johnny Manziel
    • Andrew Luck
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Russell Wilson
    • EJ Manuel
    • RG III
    • Tony Romo
    • Colin Kaepernick
    • Jay Cutler
    • Fitz
    • Skelton
    • Nick Foles
    • Cam Newton
    • Alex Smith
    • Other

The QB is AS IS for 2014 and going forward, and you would hypothetically say good-bye to EJ (unless you select him). Thad and Tuel are your backups. Everything else including the coaching staff stays the same with the team. Age is a factor, because you could be faced with rebuilding at QB fairly quickly. The QB is a la carte... i.e. Drew Brees doesn't come with Sean Payton. The new QB needs to adapt to Hackett's offense and the playbook, and the Bills WRs. You can assume the contract will fit under the cap, but unless it is EJ or another in their rookie deal it will bring you to the top and you won't be able to sign any FAs next year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming Skelton goes into the "other" category...

My bad. You can vote for him now. B-)

Peyton Manning. He makes every team he plays for a contender. With this running game and defense we might be the favorites. No other QB does that for you.

The issue with Manning is the future. If you win with him this year, that is outstanding. But then you are drafting late in the 2nd round at the earliest for your next QB. This could be his last year.

Someone picked EJ?!? I hope that person comes forward to face the ridicule heading their way :). I went with Rodgers because he is a star already and has longer left than the guys in his tier.

I considered picking EJ (but took Big Ben) with the reason being I want to see his story play out. I think he has a lot of potential and has been in the system now longer than any of the other QBs mentioned. I am intrigued by his work ethic and he has the size and speed to be a major offensive weapon at QB. I wouldn't want to never get a chance to see how he would do with Watkins, etc. But, alas, I went with a proven guy who is used to the weather. That said, Rodgers is probably the best fit for all the boxes you want to check.

Anyone not picking one of the following is over thinking it or under thinking it, imo. Yes its good for the long term to have Luck/Russell Wilson/RG III but lets just win one for Ralph in 2014.

I think picking from the QBs below is a more interesting poll.

• EJ Manuel (1 votes [4.76%] - View)
  • Tony Romo (0 votes [0.00%])

• Colin Kaepernick (0 votes [0.00%])

• Jay Cutler (0 votes [0.00%])

• Fitz (0 votes [0.00%])

• Skelton (0 votes [0.00%])

• Other (0 votes [0.00

Edited by Why So Serious?

I considered picking EJ (but took Big Ben) with the reason being I want to see his story play out. I think he has a lot of potential and has been in the system now longer than any of the other QBs mentioned. I am intrigued by his work ethic and he has the size and speed to be a major offensive weapon at QB. I wouldn't want to never get a chance to see how he would do with Watkins, etc. But, alas, I went with a proven guy who is used to the weather. That said, Rodgers is probably the best fit for all the boxes you want to check.

EJ may end up improving but if you could have ANY QB in football moving forward he wouldn't be the pick. Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick, Big Ben, Cutler, Rivers, Ryan, Stafford, Flacco and Newton all have to be ahead of him. This doesn't account for Brees, Manning, Brady or Romo who you could go against based on age. It doesn't factor in the rookies or 2 time Super Bowl Champ Eli Manning either. There are a lot of guys at this point that have to be ahead of EJ and then a bunch that you could make a case for (Tannehill, Dalton, etc...).

The issue with Manning is the future. If you win with him this year, that is outstanding. But then you are drafting late in the 2nd round at the earliest for your next QB. This could be his last year.

It doesn't matter. If you win one Super Bowl then all else is irrelevant for the time being. This franchise has never won. You take the guy that gives you the best shot to do it right now.

One thing you have to consider is the coaching situation. Also, with Brady, what reason do we have to believe that he would play at the same level without Hoodie and New England? Matt Cassel looked like a superstar in that offense. I won't deny that he's one of the best ever, but I think some would change their mind if he left.

It doesn't matter. If you win one Super Bowl then all else is irrelevant for the time being. This franchise has never won. You take the guy that gives you the best shot to do it right now.

While I agree with that logic.... and it would also have a positive ripple effect with our current guys not wanting to flee in FA/attracting FAs.... I might be concerned about Manning in the weather as well as his ability to win the SB (once in 16 years). However, you really can't discount his track record of getting to the playoffs.