Hernandez indicted in connection with a double homicide

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

high profile so i'd assume yes. rags...how would NYS handle?

well,

Unless he poses a threat somehow he'll be in general population. They generally don't remove inmates from population because of this. Burress wasn't. He was in medium facility where it's like a dorm setting. He didn't even have a cell. He was in a large room with about 70 or so other criminals and had a "cube with 4 ft walls".

The public generally believes that these guys are Locked away in some cell without windows, without a bed, without lights. Even in "The Box" they aren't treated like that. They have their own cell. At Attica they have fans, TVs with cable, as much food as they can buy through the commissary.

Just because he's in a gang or a murderer doesn't mean anything. So are the other 2,200 inmates in the facility.

The only inmates that I've known to have special housing away from all inmates were these:

Arthur Shawcross who was a sick demented individual who was terrible with the COs (all word of mouth from Sgts when I was at Sullivan CF)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Shawcross

Mark David Chapmen for killing Lennon he was better off being separated. He was our porter in the Special housing unit for years.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_David_Chapman

Even David Berkowitz wasn't in segregation. He was one of the facility reps when I was at Sullivan. Walks around freely almost every day.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Berkowitz

Oh. Almost forgot. Most of the time inmates are separated from population is because of their life on the outside, not their crimes.

Clinton CF has many cops, COs, troopers. Law enforcement wouldn't survive very well in population. When I was in Sullivan we had a CO that was in for killing his wife. He was separated.

Edited by mrags

well,

Unless he poses a threat somehow he'll be in general population. They generally don't remove inmates from population because of this. Burress wasn't. He was in medium facility where it's like a dorm setting. He didn't even have a cell. He was in a large room with about 70 or so other criminals and had a "cube with 4 ft walls".

The public generally believes that these guys are Locked away in some cell without windows, without a bed, without lights. Even in "The Box" they aren't treated like that. They have their own cell. At Attica they have fans, TVs with cable, as much food as they can buy through the commissary.

Just because he's in a gang or a murderer doesn't mean anything. So are the other 2,200 inmates in the facility.

The only inmates that I've known to have special housing away from all inmates were these:

Arthur Shawcross who was a sick demented individual who was terrible with the COs (all word of mouth from Sgts when I was at Sullivan CF)

http://en.m.wikipedi...rthur_Shawcross

Mark David Chapmen for killing Lennon he was better off being separated. He was our porter in the Special housing unit for years.

http://en.m.wikipedi...k_David_Chapman

Even David Berkowitz wasn't in segregation. He was one of the facility reps when I was at Sullivan. Walks around freely almost every day.

http://en.m.wikipedi...David_Berkowitz

Oh. Almost forgot. Most of the time inmates are separated from population is because of their life on the outside, not their crimes.

Clinton CF has many cops, COs, troopers. Law enforcement wouldn't survive very well in population. When I was in Sullivan we had a CO that was in for killing his wife. He was separated.

that is fascinating thanks for the insight on prison life. I was in Rochacha in 1990 at the U of R, when they nailed that weirdo.

that is fascinating thanks for the insight on prison life. I was in Rochacha in 1990 at the U of R, when they nailed that weirdo.

yeah. If the public really knew how well these criminals lived they might not be so sympathetic to their living situations.

Jeez, you think she'd go right for the divorce.

yeah. If the public really knew how well these criminals lived they might not be so sympathetic to their living situations.

Just out of curiosity, is the prison you work at a private for profit, or state owned?

Just out of curiosity, is the prison you work at a private for profit, or state owned?

state run. All prisons in NYS are state run.

Thanks!

What prison do you work at?

And I'm curious to know what the worst thing that has happened to you while at work?

CBF

Attica. Edited by mrags

too many liberals in the North east.

I'm a liberal and I have a solution to the death penalty debate.

Have a death penalty.

However, if a person put to death is later found to be innocent, the prosecutor must be executed.

state run. All prisons in NYS are state run.

You're still a newlywed. Just wait.

I'm a liberal and I have a solution to the death penalty debate.

Have a death penalty.

However, if a person put to death is later found to be innocent, the prosecutor must be executed.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. - Mohandas Gandhi

You're still a newlywed. Just wait.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. - Mohandas Gandhi

Sayings are fun, but they have to be applicable to a particular situation.

Fine, have it your way. Execute whoever the prosecutor wants executed.