Hashtag

Posting a picture of yourself on twitter is not the same thing as actually doing anything to solve a problem, though it's sadly become an acceptable substitute, largely because it's easier and doesn't require any real action, initiate, thought, compassion, or work.

Well said. Just retweeted your post to my 6 followers. I did my part.

RT@TakeYouToTasker 3m Posting a picture of yourself on twitter is not the same thing as actually doing anything to solve a problem, though it's sadly become an acceptable substitute, largely because it's easier and doesn't require any real action, initiate, thought, compassion, or work.#Kony2012#9-11#NeverForgot#PPPStrong#Beyonce#Kardashian

You have to tag Beyonce and Kardashian or no one will read your stuff. Do you want to follow me?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meh, it a way for people to get their voice out, and expression of concern.

So is #BostonStrong in the same arena? Why not call out all those pussies for expressing their concern and hope, and not doing anything personally about it.

We look for any reason to B word and call people out in this country... Who gives a **** if some wants to show concern over and awful event? What have we come to in this Nation, so god damn petty.

Meh, it a way for people to get their voice out, and exp<b></b>ression of concern.

So is #BostonStrong in the same arena? Why not call out all those pussies for expressing their concern and hope, and not doing anything personally about it.

We look for any reason to B word and call people out in this country... Who gives a **** if some wants to show concern over and awful event? What have we come to in this Nation, so god damn petty.

Meh, it a way for people to get their voice out, and expression of concern.

#BostonStrong

guerrilla-marketing-aqua-teen-hunger-force-light-brite-300x225.jpg

It's no more than a way of jumping up and down, trying to get someone to pay attention to you ("Look at me! I care!") Annoying when regular people do it; downright embarrassing when the First Lady does it.

And when what's-her-name, Skeletor the Conservative Pundit does it...who really gives a ****? Somebody's still paying attention to her?

#BostonStrong

It's no more than a way of jumping up and down, trying to get someone to pay attention to you ("Look at me! I care!") Annoying when regular people do it; downright embarrassing when the First Lady does it.

And when what's-her-name, Skeletor the Conservative Pundit does it...who really gives a ****? Somebody's still paying attention to her?

Tgreg seems to have taken a liking to her.

RT@TakeYouToTasker 3m Posting a picture of yourself on twitter is not the same thing as actually doing anything to solve a problem, though it's sadly become an acceptable substitute, largely because it's easier and doesn't require any real action, initiate, thought, compassion, or work.#Kony2012#9-11#NeverForgot#PPPStrong#Beyonce#Kardashian

You have to tag Beyonce and Kardashian or no one will read your stuff. Do you want to follow me?

:lol: :lol: :beer:

InK1ZtA.jpg

#BostonStrong

Fair enough. It why I don't use social media, I can't get people to leave me the !@#$ alone as it is.

Unfortunately, e-caring and e-socializing is the new norm. I see it as no different than around Christmas when I get those pre-printed pictures of friends families with Happy Holidays on them... Why the !@#$ are you sending me a pictures of you to wish my a Merry Christmas? I make it a tradition ever year to open the stack so I can laugh about how thoughtless and self centered these people are, and how they didn't even have depth to actually address the card with a pen... No, a !@#$ing cockeyed label from a laser printer.

You know what, changed my mind. !@#$ing stupid.

Fair enough. It why I don't use social media, I can't get people to leave me the !@#$ alone as it is.

Unfortunately, e-caring and e-socializing is the new norm. I see it as no different than around Christmas when I get those pre-printed pictures of friends families with Happy Holidays on them... Why the !@#$ are you sending me a pictures of you to wish my a Merry Christmas? I make it a tradition ever year to open the stack so I can laugh about how thoughtless and self centered these people are, and how they didn't even have depth to actually address the card with a pen... No, a !@#$ing cockeyed label from a laser printer.

You know what, changed my mind. !@#$ing stupid.

:lol: :lol:

That's some quality H2O.

A Selfie-Taking, Hashtagging Teenage Administration

Wall Street Journal

As American foreign policy continues its long string of failures—not a series of singles and doubles, as President Obama asserted in a recent news conference, but rather season upon season of fouls and strikes—the question becomes: Why?

Why does the Economist magazine put a tethered eagle on its cover, with the plaintive question, "What would America fight for?" Why do Washington Post columnists sympathetic to the administration write pieces like one last week headlined, "Obama tends to create his own foreign policy headaches"?

Hashtag Diplomacy Jumps the Shark

Commentary Magazine

Ok Michelle Obama doing this is pathetic and shows the impotence of the Los Gatos foreign policy we have now had for roughly 6 years. It is no excuse for Coulter to mock it when however many individual human beings are being held hostage by these dirt bags. Everyone is trying to score political points or show how compassionate they are. The only part I am happy about is that I know who less than 50% of the other idiots with signs are.

Other than Obama and Coulter I know:

The first one is either Kanye West, P. Diddy, Russell Simmons, Puff Daddy, Snoopy Dog Dog, Flavor Flav, Louis CK, Run DMC or Jay Z although I'm not sure which

Amy Poehler but only because it says right on there. P.S. Amy whoever you are....makeup is your friend

Code name Hann Athaway who is a minx btw

The guy with the purple tie who is sitting with the chick and used to be Al Gore on SNL but I don't know his real name

I don't know:

The douche standing next to the minx but I would like to thank him and his ilk as their insufficiencies have allowed me to create a thriving business satisfying rich women

The young chick that looks like April Lavigne but isn't although it might be the newly minted lesbian from Juno. Am I right?

The lite brite guy

The ugly chick with Al Gore

The Godzilla guy but he might be the SNL guy who died. Not Chris Farley but the other one that played Clinton.

The only part I am happy about is that I know who less than 50% of the other idiots with signs are.

same here. I experience the same thing whenever I'm in line at the checkout at the grocery store...I don't know who anyone is on half of the gossip tabloids anymore. pop culture has always been pretty lame, but it's gotten worse over the years.