QB Blind Resumes

QB A - Last year in college: 259 for 382 (67.8%), 3,581 yards, 9.4 ypa, 25 tds, 9 ints, 163.4 rating, 87 rushes for 272 yards, 3.1 ypc, 6 tds. 83th ranked Strength of Schedule

Combine results: 6'5", 232 lbs., 9 3/8" hands, 4.93 40, 32.5" vertical.

QB B - Last year in college: 263 for 387 (68%), 3,392 yards, 8.8 ypa, 23 tds, 10 ints, 156 rating, 103 rushes for 310 yards, 3.0 ypc, 4 tds. 68th ranked SOS.

Combine results: 6'5", 237 lbs., 10 3/8" hands, 4.65 40, 34" vertical.

Hint, one was a reach and the other was thought to be a top pick all offseason. The draft is stupid at times. :)

You are making a very good point, however, I'm guessing that if Jacksonville did not panic, Bortles would have been picked lower than EJ was picked (16th). It is to Whaley's everlasting credit that he did not panic last year and wound up adding an outstanding defensive player in addition to EJ. I guess we will never know for sure, but I think Caldwell could have made the same deal the Browns made and still got Bortles at 9.

Good stats for an ACC player on a very good team -which doesn't mean Jack in the NFL. Does the C in C.Biscuit stand for Crusader? In the Chandler#81 straw poll, 10% of Bills fans think EJ sucks and will be out of the League in 4 years. 10% of Bills fans think EJ will be Montana/Kelly-esque great (you). 30% of Bills fans think his ceiling will be an adequate QB, with flashes of greatness and dashes of stupidity and 50% just HOPE the Bills Brass is right in hitching their wagons to him, as the careers of very good players and the horrible playoff drought rest in the balance. BUT.. the 80% not in the first two groups, are concerned.

How many fans voted in your poll?

Good stats for an ACC player on a very good team -which doesn't mean Jack in the NFL. Does the C in C.Biscuit stand for Crusader? In the Chandler#81 straw poll, 10% of Bills fans think EJ sucks and will be out of the League in 4 years. 10% of Bills fans think EJ will be Montana/Kelly-esque great (you). 30% of Bills fans think his ceiling will be an adequate QB, with flashes of greatness and dashes of stupidity and 50% just HOPE the Bills Brass is right in hitching their wagons to him, as the careers of very good players and the horrible playoff drought rest in the balance. BUT.. the 80% not in the first two groups, are concerned.

$100 bet on you finding one post where I said EJ was great. All I have simply said is I'm not a 13 year old and will give the guy more than one year before giving up on him.

So put your money up or please STFU & stop making stuff up. Thanks. :)

QB A - Last year in college: 259 for 382 (67.8%), 3,581 yards, 9.4 ypa, 25 tds, 9 ints, 163.4 rating, 87 rushes for 272 yards, 3.1 ypc, 6 tds. 83th ranked Strength of Schedule

QB B - Last year in college: 263 for 387 (68%), 3,392 yards, 8.8 ypa, 23 tds, 10 ints, 156 rating, 103 rushes for 310 yards, 3.0 ypc, 4 tds. 68th ranked SOS.

Hint, one was a reach and the other was thought to be a top pick all offseason. The draft is stupid at times. :)

Man you are trying really hard lately old friend. How about listing the talent that each QB played with? How about throwing up FSU's current QB's stats up there? Ya know, the guy who won the Heisman/National Title with the same talent.

UCF beat better teams and lost by 3 to one of the best teams in the SEC. '12 FSU beat 2 ranked teams and one was #15 No Illinois who had no business being ranked. They lost to an okay Florida at home by 11.

Sounds like you got a Lefvour for EJ.

Man you are trying really hard lately old friend. How about listing the talent that each QB played with? How about throwing up FSU's current QB's stats up there? Ya know, the guy who won the Heisman/National Title with the same talent.

UCF beat better teams and lost by 3 to one of the best teams in the SEC. '12 FSU beat 2 ranked teams and one was #15 No Illinois who had no business being ranked. They lost to an okay Florida at home by 11.

Sounds like you got a Lefvour for EJ.

Oh man, you're back! I just put a blind resume out there. I do know that in one year, EJ has more than 3 times the amount of touchdowns the guy you wanted in the 1st has in his entire career! How's Jimmy Clausen doing these days? And when are you going to pay up on your bet?

I'm adding another QB to the list.

QB C - last year in college: 213 for 304 (70.1%), 2,895 yards, 9.5 yards per attempt, 21 TDs, 5 INTs, 155.6 rating, 217 rushes for 910 yards, 4.2 yards per rush, 14 rushing TDs.

SEC team undefeated in the regular season.

Combine: 6' 3", 236 lb. 40 yard dash: 4.71. 38.5" vertical.

QB C - last year in college: 213 for 304 (70.1%), 2,895 yards, 9.5 yards per attempt, 21 TDs, 5 INTs, 155.6 rating, 217 rushes for 910 yards, 4.2 yards per rush, 14 rushing TDs.

Without even looking I'll wager it's Tebow.

What was his hand size? Also, EJ was faster & bigger. Are you really comparing the way EJ and Tebow throw? I think Bortles and Manuel are very similar. It's just funny that one is considered a lot for the 1st while the other was a reach.

Of course, Mike Mayock once though Gabbert was a better qb prospect than Cam Newton so who knows.

What was his hand size? Also, EJ was faster & bigger. Are you really comparing the way EJ and Tebow throw? I think Bortles and Manuel are very similar. It's just funny that one is considered a lot for the 1st while the other was a reach.

Of course, Mike Mayock once though Gabbert was a better qb prospect than Cam Newton so who knows.

QB #3 is indeed this man. :w00t:

The point I was making with adding him to the list is that you can't just look at a college QB's gaudy stats and assume he'll successfully project to the NFL. Most Heisman-winning QBs fail in the NFL.

An ideal QB prospect should be accurate, should process large amounts of information quickly, should see multiple reads before throwing, should run a complex offense, etc. A "polished" prospect is typically strong in these areas; whereas a "raw" prospect is typically weak.

Below is part of NFL.com's description of Tebow:

Strengths

Exhibits rare character on and off the field. Is athletic enough to pick up tough yards with his legs. Was extremely productive in college. Possesses very good arm strength. Is a winning football player.

Weaknesses

Tebow really struggles with his accuracy. . . . Was not asked to run through pro-style progressions and struggled reading defenses, especially those with NFL concepts, in college.

Here is part of NFL.com's description of Manuel:

Strengths:

Physically imposing passer. . . . Flashes the velocity to stretch the field and throw in tight spaces. Displays good touch on throws to each level of the field, finds receivers between defenders and drop passes over their head. Good athlete with the mobility to step up in the pocket to avoid pressure and take advantage of openings to pick up first downs with his feet. Quick release. . . .

Weaknesses:

Area code accuracy -- short throws are often low or wide, preventing receivers from making a play after the catch. Deep ball accuracy is uneven as well. Gets happy feet under pressure, spins to the outside to avoid the rush. Inconsistent recognizing blitz.

NFL Comparison: Blaine Gabbert

The NFL.com article does not address the complexity of the offense Manuel ran in college. Other sources indicate it was a highly simplified offense. Manuel's college coach claimed that Manuel could have run a more complex college offense.

I remember all the nice things Bill Walsh had to say about Trent Edwards. If it's a choice between proven performance on the one hand, or positive reassurances from a coach on the other, give me the proven performance!

Edited by Edwards' Arm

dumb thread. This is why companies dont hire just based upon resume.

Can. You. Play. For. THIS. Company?

Who cares if you got straight A-s at the school for the Special and Needy, and were Assistant GM at a volunteer park clean-up?

That is all.

Then there are the <1% of "fans" that would rather be right than see their team succeed. Some psych student should do a thesis on them.

I think your "<1% " is off on this board by at least a factor of 50.

not to menton Bortles had 5-6 easy completions per game with bubble screens in his offense at UCF. EJ played in a very pro style offense at FSU where he had to read coverages and throw down the field.

EJ dropped his junior and senior seasons because of some bad tape against Florida probably.

Well because.....

Actually that is a great comparison, plus it funny how one can be one thing and one can be viewed completely different.

You should send that to Mel himself and see what Mr. Hair thinks.

Why do people care so much about what Mel Kiper thinks? He promised to quit doing this if Jimmy Clausen didn't turn into a great pro. Mel Kiper is a joke.One would think that someone who supposedly spends so much time on grading college talent, that he would be better at this. It almost seems like he decides to do his analysis two weeks before the draft starts.I wouldn't let Mel kiper's opinions sway me one way or the other about what the Bills did in the draft.

Edited by first_and_ten