Way too early 53 man roster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Summers is gone, Dixon fills his spot, and Lee Smith stays. You need one TE who can block.

I doubt that Pears stays if Hairston is healthy. Henderson is probably on the PS (which may stand for piece of sh-- by the time camp is over)

I think they keep Powell as a third reserve LB.

I'm not sure what they are going to do about a back-up C, perhaps they decide that Urbik will be their guy if Wood goes down.

For the first time in a long time it's going to be hard for all the rookies or an UDFA to crack this 53.

I doubt they keep 2 K but it's surely possible and Marrone has said in this off season that he is open to it if he thinks it will help the team.

Good list though. There are always a couple surprise cuts and a couple surprise additions out of the rookies and UDFA, and Whaley is surely not afraid to make a player for player trade, or pick up a veteran FA who they think is a game day addition.

Can you give us your way too early practice squad, too? :)

I thought about taking a stab at it but there was so many guys coming and going on the PS last year that I am not sure the majority of those guys are even here yet. I think that Kaufman is probably on there and maybe even Chris Manhertz (the Canisius Basketball player). Hopkins is another option if they only keep 1 kicker but I would guess that he ends up on another roster if that's the case. Maybe Powell ends up there as well (if he is eligible) and Ladler too.

I believe TJgraham, pears, Hopkins, and maybe summers or Hairston are gone....

I think Hogan makes it as the back-up slot receiver

If Hogan makes the team I will lose all faith in the coaching staff. I would rather any of the guys listed, Barden, Kaufman, or a construction cone. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I thought about taking a stab at it but there was so many guys coming and going on the PS last year that I am not sure the majority of those guys are even here yet. I think that Kaufman is probably on there and maybe even Chris Manhertz (the Canisius Basketball player). Hopkins is another option if they only keep 1 kicker but I would guess that he ends up on another roster if that's the case. Maybe Powell ends up there as well (if he is eligible) and Ladler too.

If Hogan makes the team I will lose all faith in the coaching staff. I would rather any of the guys listed, Barden, Kaufman, or a construction cone.

I'm not a Hogan fan either. He's always open, except on Sundays. Unfortunately, in the post draft press conference, Marrone specifically said that Hogan has looked really good in the OTAs. I really hope someone outplays him in training camp and in preseason.

I'm not a Hogan fan either. He's always open, except on Sundays. Unfortunately, in the post draft press conference, Marrone specifically said that Hogan has looked really good in the OTAs. I really hope someone outplays him in training camp and in preseason.

Warrior in practice, pretender on Sundays. Please let there not be enough seats on the bench for this guy.

If you think that certain players will be gone please name the player(s) that will make the roster in their place. We still need 53 guys to fill out the roster. There are some bubble guys (Pears, Bryant, Hairston, Brooks, Graham, Easley, Meeks and Bryant) that I kept (along with 2 kickers. You can make a solid case for some other WR (except Hogan). I am just curious as to who you guys think makes it over them.

QB: Manuel, Lewis, Tuel

RB: FJax, Spiller, Brown

FB: Summers

WR: Watkins, Williams, Woods, Goodwin, Graham, Easley, Hogan

TE: Chandler, Moeaki, Gragg, Smith

OT: Glenn, Kuoandijo, Henderson, Pears,

OG: Williams, Richardson, Urbik,

C: Wood

CB: Gilmore, McKelvin, Robey, Cockrell, Brooks,

S: A. Williams, D. Williams, Searcy, Graham

DE:Hughes, Mario, Wynn, UDFA/cut from another team

DT: K. Williams, Dareus,Bryant, Branch,

OLB: Rivers, Kiko, Bradham, Lawson, Johnson

MLB: Spikes, Brown

K: Carpenter

P: Dombrowski

LS:Sanborn

Manuel, Lewis, Dixon?

yes. more likely

Warrior in practice, pretender on Sundays. Please let there not be enough seats on the bench for this guy.

But Marrone recently mentioned him by name !

great call KJ. very very close if not actually perfectly correct.

Lee Smith might stay over Pears or Henderson {ps}.

Summers might be replaced by Dixon but thats a reach i think .

Gonzo does not mean "gone", it means wild or crazy.

It's slang. Don't tell me what gonzo means in my neck of the woods.

If you think that certain players will be gone please name the player(s) that will make the roster in their place. We still need 53 guys to fill out the roster. There are some bubble guys (Pears, Bryant, Hairston, Brooks, Graham, Easley, Meeks and Bryant) that I kept (along with 2 kickers. You can make a solid case for some other WR (except Hogan). I am just curious as to who you guys think makes it over them.

We are only speculating here. But I like a certain FS out of none other than the UB that the Bills picked up as an undrafted. Not saying he's a sure thing or anything, but he could push for a spot. The OL is going to have some pretty good battles. One of the big DBs could move to safety. A lot could happen to this roster.

With our new defensive coordinator, some things could change.

Edited by Rockinon

the Punter from Harvard might have a chance.....I think Graham moves to Safety.....I think Johnson makes it to LB..they drafted him for special teams

We have to have more than 5 LBs on the team. 9 OL is a lot. One could probably be on the PS.