I am drinking the Whaley Kool aid and it is gooood!

I am loving me some Doug Whaley! Do you realize we just need a couple of very probable 'If's' and we might have the best OL in football with the additions we have made by the end of the year? The DL is really good to Great depending on if Dareus can pull his head out. LB's are very good, DB's are good, WR corp just become damn good to possibly great. RB' position now is damn good to possibly great as a whole.

Drink some Coffee, wake up and see Whaley in 3 days really upgraded this roster and honestly folks....we now have only 1 possible excuse not to make the playoffs and that is injuries which any team can have derail them.

My brother the Vikings Fan and my Cousin the Redskins fan yesterday at my daughters graduation party (where she got engaged too BTW) Both told me they can see Buffalo not only making the playoffs, but beating the Pats for the division title. Why not? We have played them tough the last couple years, WTF can't we now just beat their asses instead of giving up large leads to them and take the AFCE title?

I'll call it right now, this team if healthy wins the AFCE. Anyone else on board with this?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am loving me some Doug Whaley! Do you realize we just need a couple of very probable 'If's' and we might have the best OL in football with the additions we have made by the end of the year? The DL is really good to Great depending on if Dareus can pull his head out. LB's are very good, DB's are good, WR corp just become damn good to possibly great. RB' position now is damn good to possibly great as a whole.

Drink some Coffee, wake up and see Whaley in 3 days really upgraded this roster and honestly folks....we now have only 1 possible excuse not to make the playoffs and that is injuries which any team can have derail them.

My brother the Vikings Fan and my Cousin the Redskins fan yesterday at my daughters graduation party (where she got engaged too BTW) Both told me they can see Buffalo not only making the playoffs, but beating the Pats for the division title. Why not? We have played them tough the last couple years, WTF can't we now just beat their asses instead of giving up large leads to them and take the AFCE title?

I'll call it right now, this team if healthy wins the AFCE. Anyone else on board with this?

What did you do with the real Kellyto83TD? :lol: J/K While I'm cautiously optimistic, I'm not ready to go that far. Lots of things have to fall in place for the Bills to make the Playoffs this season. Going to enjoy the ride regardless of the outcome.

everyone thinks ej is injury prone but in reality when a db comes full bore shoulder to the knee what else is going to happen? it also seems like that one injury never fully healed either and thus the off season surgery.

in other words he isn't necessarily fragile but learning to be more caustious / protective is not a bad idea.

I can't get enough of this kool aid! Though it was a gamble of a draft in terms of what assets in players and picks were given up and the health (physical in the case of two and mental in the case of one) of the three OL picks, if the picks pan out this will have been the draft that put the Bills into annual contention. As a Bills fan, who could rightfully complain about that? And now, on to you EJ. You are the lynchpin.

I agree completely.

Man, you are not drinking the Whaley Kool Aid. You are making it and chugging it! You may even be using a funnel too! I love your optimism and hope you are spot on. I'm going to wait and see some preseason action and then try to assess. I'm still trying to digest all of the picks and trades that the Bills did the last 3 days. :thumbsup:

I think even if the Bills do sustain a few injuries they are in good shape to have descent backups step up and fill the gap. That hasn't always been that way. Long story short, if EJ can play half way descent, we can ride the Defense and Running game into the playoffs. If he sucks it's another 6 win season.

I think even if the Bills do sustain a few injuries they are in good shape to have descent backups step up and fill the gap. That hasn't always been that way. Long story short, if EJ can play half way descent, we can ride the Defense and Running game into the playoffs. If he sucks it's another 6 win season.

EJ, are you one of those dudes who refers to himself in the third person? Because RTDB thinks that's weird.

I am generally a homer here but I think beyond injuries, there are two big questions:

- We still have some real questions about the coaching staff - especially w/o the one guy (Pettine) I knew would be good last year. Marrone often looked like he was in over his head (I'll cut him some slack in his rookie season as an NFL HC) and I was less than thrilled with a lot of Hackett's decisions.

- I like EJ and think he will be good but it's too soon to say for sure that he's good.

Edited by BobChalmers

I drink the Kool aid after every draft too and then have to have my stomach pumped during the regular season. I've become overly pessimistic about the draft, but if Buffalo doesn't make the playoffs, the team will likely be moved elsewhere. It's make or break time and I'll keep drinking the purple stuff until I die, or get my stomach pumped again.