Bills Trade 5th Round Pick (#149) to Tampa Bay

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling they may have liked a couple OG prospects that went a few picks earlier that they would have selected, but since there wasn't an obvious pick for them there, and they had another #5 coming up in four picks, they decided to recoup the one they just lost from next year.

Also, to me, once you get to the fifth round, there is very little difference between the sixth and seventh round.

I posted this elsewhere, but you gotta wonder whether just having a younger guy as GM helps. Seemed like nix and Marv were just too slow to be moving and shaking like this.

Nix and Marv were way too old school and felt you just stay where you are at most of the time and let things fall where they may

Its nice having someone that goes after what he wants and isn't afraid to make things happen instead of waiting for them to happen

I like most of the moves, but this one puzzles me. There weren't two players left in the fifth that the Bills wanted so they picked up an extra seventh rounder? If there weren't two guys that you want in round five there sure as hell won't be in RD 7.

fill me in here. I'm not watching out hearing any coverage so I have no idea what ya mean

Bills trade their own 5th round to TB for a 7th this year and 5th next. They then use the pick they got from St Louis to pick up Cyril Richardson G Baylor. He looked horrible in the Senior Bowl, but is huge and was rated 3/4 round. Getting him late in 5th is great!

Strengths

Outstanding size and girth with legitimate NFL strength. Sturdy base and heavy anchor -- squats a small house and is dependable in pass protection. Generates movement in the run game. Can work his hips and gain positioning. Walls off and seals. Packs a jolting punch and plays with a load in his hands -- latches on, controls and steers. Wins in a phone booth and can manhandle smaller linemen. Enough balance, coordination and foot speed to pull and trap effectively. Has played tackle and guard. Conditioned in an up-tempo, no-huddle offense.

Weaknesses

Bad body -- has a fleshy midsection and could stand to shed some bad weight. Lateral agility and recovery quickness are just adequate. Gets in trouble when his feet stall or he bends at the waist (slips off blocks). Intermittent intensity. Does not play violently or impose his will physically as often as he should. Could stand to become more of a nasty finisher. Has underachiever traits. Questionable motivation and passion for the game.

Draft Projection

Rounds 3-4

Bottom Line

Massive road grader with enough mass to re-establish the line of scrimmage in the run game. Versatility to play right tackle adds to value, and he has the physical tools to compete readily in a man-blocking scheme if the game is kept simple. Has a bust factor.

Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland

OMG Whaley is killing me! Richardson got destroyed by Aaron Donald at the Senior Bowl. I could see the trade for a 4th next year and not getting the 7th, but I can't imagine this trade adds up on the draft value chart!

I posted this elsewhere, but you gotta wonder whether just having a younger guy as GM helps. Seemed like nix and Marv were just too slow to be moving and shaking like this.

Makes a lot of sense. Whaley knows the league and seems to know what he wants and is not afraid to make a move.

OMG Whaley is killing me! Richardson got destroyed by Aaron Donald at the Senior Bowl. I could see the trade for a 4th next year and not getting the 7th, but I can't imagine this trade adds up on the draft value chart!

Ah yes, the draft value chart that only fans use...So he had a bad game so he sucks?

Whaley's 5th trade of the draft. Right or wrong, I love having an active GM.

Me too!

Probably wants a QB at 7th?

Maybe....was thinking the same thing.

He goes after what he likes and seems to have recouped the picks he's traded. I like it too

Yep....like it!

We already had a 7th rd pick. We still have just one. What did we get for this trade? A 7th and a 5th next year ? A little confused on this one. Thanks.

Edit: nevermind. I think I got it now. ESPN's board didnt reflect the 7th rounder when I looked earlier.

Edited by jaybee