Does Sammy have a Jersey number?

Hogan's # - 15

Please not 11, anyone who wears 11 is doomed in buffalo. If the bills would get ride of that number all together, they would win multiple superbowls for the next 50 years.

Agree Edited by YoloinOhio

Please not 11, anyone who wears 11 is doomed in buffalo. If the bills would get ride of that number all together, they would win multiple superbowls for the next 50 years.

Not true... that only applies to Bills players... Richie Lucas, Scott Norwood, and Rob Johnson for example.

However #11 has also been worn by the greatest Buffalo Sabre ever (Gilbert Perreault), the greatest Buffalo Brave ever (Bob McAdoo) and greatest Buffalo Bandit ever (John Tavares).

Not true... that only applies to Bills players... Richie Lucas, Scott Norwood, and Rob Johnson for example.

However #11 has also been worn by the greatest Buffalo Sabre ever (Gilbert Perreault), the greatest Buffalo Brave ever (Bob McAdoo) and greatest Buffalo Bandit ever (John Tavares).

Sorry,

Has Sammy picked a Jersey number yet?

Looking at the WR roster, only 83 is not taken, and I doubt the Bills will let it out for obvious reasons.

14 and 16 are available.

It'll probably be a few days before he picks one. When will he be in Buffalo? Then I think he's stuck with it for a few years due to NFL contractual stuff so can't wait around for a guy to get cut and then change.

Just curious why you say not #83 for obvious reasons? The year after they let Andre go they gave that number to a scrub tight end, then to Lee Evans and didn't another scrub TE recently have it...maybe Mike Causin? If those guys can have it, it should be no problem for Watkins to take it.

Nobody has, 12 or 78 either.

12 officially retired.

78 should be retired.

83 Will be in the Hall of Fame in a few months, I think it's a Respect thing.

Edited by oman128

The only 100% available WR numbers are 13 and 16. 83 isn't taken but may never be worn again.

He wore 2 and 7 in his years prior, so numbers like 17, 82 and 87 make sense. Could just take 16, but I hope he goes for something a little better.

It'll probably be a few days before he picks one. When will he be in Buffalo? Then I think he's stuck with it for a few years due to NFL contractual stuff so can't wait around for a guy to get cut and then change.

Just curious why you say not #83 for obvious reasons? The year after they let Andre go they gave that number to a scrub tight end, then to Lee Evans and didn't another scrub TE recently have it...maybe Mike Causin? If those guys can have it, it should be no problem for Watkins to take it.

1) Sammy's been in Buffalo since early this morning, 2) I don't think there's any "contractual stuff" with jersey numbers and they can be changed anytime, 3) the Bills may be less inclined to hand out #83 now that Reed has been elected to the Hall of Fame.

Edited by Punch