Sam Bradford to Vikings?

I saw/heard a lot of buzz over the weekend about a potential big trade involving a QB that would blow the doors off the draft. The rumor mill has also heated up regarding STL's interest in Manziel. I thought they might just be trying to get a team to trade up to 2 for him.... but then this:

SB Nation NFL@SBNationNFL 18m

Sam Bradford to the Vikings? The rumor mill churns onward. http://www.dailynors...adford … via @DailyNorseman

Maybe they get the 8th pick from the Vikes and pick him there. Maybe give up a later pick to them along with Bradford? He isn't worth the 8th pick on his own, IMO.

EDIT: Just heard on radio the rumor is Ponder plus the 8th pick to STL for Bradford and the 13th pick, plus STL's 3rd rounder

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, would make sense for the Rams, purge the problem before it is one!

Also, MN's GM is on record for saying it was torture trying to decide on a QB in this draft and I doubt he wants to draft another one in the top 10 after Ponder at 12 a few years ago. Maybe safer to trade for a vet and rid himself of Ponder at same time. STL takes Manzeil, Ponder as backup.

Bradford and Peterson -interesting. That trade would certainly be a blockbuster. I would think that St. Louis would then go Johnny at 2 & Taylor Lewan or Matthews at 8. That could change the 1st round for sure.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

That's actually a really good trade. Rams get a fresh start and out from under the contract, Vikings get a guy who's not learning from Day 1 which is key since AP isn't gonna last forever.

That's actually a really good trade. Rams get a fresh start and out from under the contract, Vikings get a guy who's not learning from Day 1 which is key since AP isn't gonna last forever.

I agree - and STL has a very young team which many feel is being held back by Bradford in his 5th yr with no playoffs, plus they get the contract off the books. It almost makes too much sense and therefore won't happen :lol:

I saw/heard a lot of buzz over the weekend about a potential big trade involving a QB that would blow the doors off the draft. The rumor mill has also heated up regarding STL's interest in Manziel. I thought they might just be trying to get a team to trade up to 2 for him.... but then this:

SB Nation NFL@SBNationNFL 18m

Sam Bradford to the Vikings? The rumor mill churns onward. http://www.dailynors...adford … via @DailyNorseman

Maybe they get the 8th pick from the Vikes and pick him there. Maybe give up a later pick to them along with Bradford? He isn't worth the 8th pick on his own, IMO.

EDIT: Just heard on radio the rumor is Ponder plus the 8th pick to STL for Bradford and the 13th pick, plus STL's 3rd rounder

Well then...That would be interesting...

So...They use #2 overall for Manziel I would assume...If they truly like him that much I can't see them chancing him still being around at #8...And then they still put themselves in place for one of the three OT's at #8... B-)

BYW...I think this would be brilliant on the part of St Louis...Bradford has not come close to living up to #1 overall, and he can't stay healthy...With that Defense and Manziel who knows? Could be special...

But...What happens if Houston takes Manziel at #1 now?... :lol:

Edited by KOKBILLS

Yes, indeed...

I agree - and STL has a very young team which many feel is being held back by Bradford in his 5th yr with no playoffs, plus they get the contract off the books. It almost makes too much sense and therefore won't happen :lol:

:thumbsup:

Well then...That would be interesting...

So...They use #2 overall for Manziel I would assume...If they truly like him that much I can't see them chancing him still being around at #8...And then they still put themselves in place for one of the three OT's at #8... B-)

And that, blows my hopes / theory out of the water, in that I predicted the Rams to take Watkins and then trade with Buffalo, 9th, taking an OT....that's what I presumed they wanted to do, was take an Offensive Playmaker at 2, ableit I assumed they'd keep Bradford and Draft Watkins, and then trade back into the top 10 with Buffalo to grab their OT....

I live in St. Louis, and I think Sam Bradford is the master of mediocrity. The guy has a cap hit next year of 17.5 million. He hasn't gotten it done. If they make this deal, they could take Watkins at 2 and Manziel at 8. Or Manziel at 2 and a tackle at 8. Bradford does not excite anybody around here.

And that, blows my hopes / theory out of the water, in that I predicted the Rams to take Watkins and then trade with Buffalo, 9th, taking an OT....that's what I presumed they wanted to do, was take an Offensive Playmaker at 2, ableit I assumed they'd keep Bradford and Draft Watkins, and then trade back into the top 10 with Buffalo to grab their OT....

The only thing that makes me wonder about this deal is what it does to Houston, or any other team that may have been thinking secretly about moving up for Manziel...Because if this rumor comes true it's time to put up or shut-up...If you want Johnny Football you better take him at #1...Granted St Louis could still wait...But who would gamble on that if the really wanted Manziel? This would make the next few days thrilling to watch!!! I'm SO hoping this rumor is true!!! :thumbsup:

The Vikings would be foolish to do that trade. Bradford hasn't proven to be anything better than Ponder. If I was a Vikings fan I'd hate it.

Bradford played very well before he got hurt...albeit again...last year...7 games...14 TD's to only 4 INT's and a 91 QB rating...He was showing signs of being the QB he was Drafted to be...However brief... B-)

The only thing that makes me wonder about this deal is what it does to Houston, or any other team that may have been thinking secretly about moving up for Manziel...Because if this rumor comes true it's time to put up or shut-up...If you want Johnny Football you better take him at #1...Granted St Louis could still wait...But who would gamble on that if the really wanted Manziel? This would make the next few days thrilling to watch!!! I'm SO hoping this rumor is true!!! :thumbsup:

This must be what they meant by blowing the doors off the draft...

Tim McKernan@tmckernan 4h

La Canfora: There are people in the league who believe the Rams have had conversations with the Vikings about trading Sam Bradford.

And if it's true and the trade is done, Houston just got a real gift as well...because anyone who wanted Manziel or Bortles, or any QB I suppose, would now know they have to leapfrog over the Rams to be assured to get their QB...Manziel would presumably be the best bet, but if Houston juked everyone out and took Bortles or Bridgewater or Carr 1st overall (think of the irony if they Drafted Carr 1st overall??? Wow...boom, mind ...blown) and that left Rams sitting with one less QB to choose from....essentially, if trade goes through and Team "A" wants to make sure they get the pick of the litter, better get a deal done with Houston....either way, all these deals for QBs at the top of the Draft do nothing but help the BILLS...for once, and I mean for ONCE, it finally helps the BILLS when they're not *desperate* for a QB

And if it's true and the trade is done, Houston just got a real gift as well...because anyone who wanted Manziel or Bortles, or any QB I suppose, would now know they have to leapfrog over the Rams to be assured to get their QB...Manziel would presumably be the best bet, but if Houston juked everyone out and took Bortles or Bridgewater or Carr 1st overall (think of the irony if they Drafted Carr 1st overall??? Wow...boom, mind ...blown) and that left Rams sitting with one less QB to choose from....essentially, if trade goes through and Team "A" wants to make sure they get the pick of the litter, better get a deal done with Houston....either way, all these deals for QBs at the top of the Draft do nothing but help the BILLS...for once, and I mean for ONCE, it finally helps the BILLS when they're not *desperate* for a QB

Is it Thursday yet??? Where's Kevin Costner right now?

Very interesting...almost certainly won't happen until they're (STL) on the clock to ensure that they can get Manziel at 2.

Yep Edited by YoloinOhio

This must be what they meant by blowing the doors off the draft...

Tim McKernan@tmckernan 4h

La Canfora: There are people in the league who believe the Rams have had conversations with the Vikings about trading Sam Bradford.

I SO want this to be true just for the drama...It would make for one of the best Draft stories in recent years...Especially if it caused a team to move up to #1, or for Houston to stay put and take a QB at #1...It would be awesome...

The only thing that makes me think it's not going to happen is the fact that it came out today...This would seemingly be the kind of move that you want to keep under serious wraps...Because by all accounts it was looking like Houston was going to be stuck at #1 and taking Clowney... We'll see I guess...But at the absolute least things just got interesting for the NFL Network tonight... :thumbsup: