Selling of Bills Could Happen Even Sooner

I mean, !@#$ Robert Kraft and the Patriot* Way, but...

Lauren Brill@LaurenBrill4 2m

Patriots owner Robert Kraft just told me he fully supports the Bills staying in Buffalo and will do everything he can to make that happen.

Patriots are 20-2 Last 11 years vs the Bills. I'd do whatever I could to keep that team in the division too.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Milstein knows there are other people he has close ties with that will be buying the team so he's not going to drive up the price on them. He helps them, they help him (new stadium on his land)

I think this is it - he's been informed that someone else has the inside track and is bowing out to save face and to preserve some hope of having his NF land bought out from under him.

Good to hear Kraft's comments, BTW (assuming the source is legitimate).

Can't stand his team, but I can't hate on Kraft Dinner. Like the Rooneys in Pgh, I wish my favorite team was run so well.

Edit: I wonder if the eventual owners' vote on a new owner will be a matter of public record? If so, would be odd for Kraft Dinner to make these comments and then vote the other way.

Edited by jimmyo

Can't stand his team, but I can't hate on Kraft Dinner. Like the Rooneys in Pgh, I wish my favorite team was run so well.

Edit: I wonder if the eventual owners' vote on a new owner will be a matter of public record? If so, would be odd for Kraft Dinner to make these comments and then vote the other way.

I'm not sure the actual votes (on an owner-for-owner basis) will be made public; only whether or not the new owner is approved and perhaps by what margin. In all likelihood though, it'll be unanimous...almost always is from what I can remember (Khan, Kroenke).

I'll tell you this right now: either Jacobs or Pegula would be unanimously approved in a heartbeat.

When Ralph passed, many of the remembrances of him stated he voted against team relocation every time there was a vote--- I don't know if it's necesarily considered a matter of public record, but I'd imagine it would become public fairly quickly.

Good to hear Kraft's comments, BTW (assuming the source is legitimate).

Kraft said the same thing right after Ralph passed (saw it on NFL Network, I believe). Apparently, he's on record at least twice now stating this. Whether it's just lip service and he's being disingenuous is another matter. For Bills fans everywhere, let's hope he's telling the truth.

Kraft said the same thing right after Ralph passed (saw it on NFL Network, I believe). Apparently, he's on record at least twice now stating this. Whether it's just lip service and he's being disingenuous is another matter. For Bills fans everywhere, let's hope he's telling the truth.

Krafty is one of the most disingenuous people you'll never meet. I do, however, subscribe to the theory that he would much prefer the Bills to remain in Buffalo so he can lord over the franchise with deeper pockets. He personally would not make a lot more money if the Bills were in LA anyway.

Krafty is one of the most disingenuous people you'll never meet. I do, however, subscribe to the theory that he would much prefer the Bills to remain in Buffalo so he can lord over the franchise with deeper pockets. He personally would not make a lot more money if the Bills were in LA anyway.

I agree with you wholeheartedly WRT Kraft, Kelly. I believe he & Little Dummy Snyder were just being 'PC' and saying what people wanted to hear after Ralph's passing. I've always thought Kraft was only slightly better than Jerruh Jones & Snyder on the scumbag scale but still lump all three of them in the "what's in it for me" group of owners rather than the "what's best for the league" group (i.e., Ralph). To me, they represent everything that is wrong with today's NFL and its endless corporate greed. Kraft's statement, while nice on the surface, does not give me any "warm and fuzzy" or added hope that the Bills will remain in WNY. I take him with a large grain of salt. JMO.

Doesn't surprise me that Kraft appreciates Buffalo. Sat behind me with his box window open at about every Pats game in Buffalo for the last 6 years. seems to love the atmosphere.