Final Mock

Rd1 Jake Matthews Texas A&M or Taylor Lewan Mich.

Rd2 Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt 6-3 212 sorry no TE this year,we have enough.

Rd3 Terrance West RB Towson 5-9 225 The new beast mode.

Rd4 Will Clarke DE W. Virginia 6-6 271

Rd5 Jordan Zumwal OLB UCLA 6-4 235

Rd7 Tajh Boyd QB Clemson 6-1 222 Too much value to pass on

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the first two. We need defensive end in the third.

Please no Jordan Matthews. Not a fan of his. I would rather have Allen Robinson or Donte Moncrief in the second.

Not sure why people prefer Moncrief to Mathews. Moncrief would disappear in a lot of games while Mathews was usually pretty consistent on a team where he was the only weapon. Just my opinion though.

I like this mock. The only change I'd like to see would be Fiedorowicz in the 3rd. Love the Clarke, Zumwalt, Boyd selections. Jordan Matthews will be the throw it up to guy and Jake will be the starting RT.

I have a serious liking for Jordan Matthews...For the life of me I can't understand why he's not getting more attention...He's 6-3 and ran a 4.46 at Indy...His College performance speaks for itself...At Vanderbilt nonetheless...Today I heard Joe B. basically say he was thinking if the Bills do not go WR in the 1st they may not go WR at all because they were looking for a difference maker...And I'm thinking...What about Matthews? I think he compares very favorably to Demaryius Thomas...Though Thomas is a little thicker...He's Jerry Rice's freaking cousin for God's sake... :lol:

Here a nice write up of Matthews by Greg Gabriel who compares him to Reggie Wayne...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=39

According to Bill Polian, Mathews is best WR in the draft.

I wouldn't mind this tho.

I think we're going Notre Dame in 1st & 2nd. RT then TE. Gut feeling and I don't approve.

Interesting...I did not know that...And I think it adds a little more legitimacy to the Reggie Wayne comparisons... :thumbsup:

Matthews is just one of those players that I watch type and don't feel like he's that good. For the record, there are some very good NFL players who you can watch "highlight" films of and not get excited, so Matthews might end up being one of those players. I wouldn't hate the pick, but there are other guys who just give me more of a "feeling" than him.

Too many guys named Matthews and Jordan.

We need some Williams in there.

Matthews is just one of those players that I watch type and don't feel like he's that good. For the record, there are some very good NFL players who you can watch "highlight" films of and not get excited, so Matthews might end up being one of those players. I wouldn't hate the pick, but there are other guys who just give me more of a "feeling" than him.

Which Matthews? If Jordan, he averaged 100 catches per season in the SEC. That speaks volumes! Not only that, but teams knew he was basically the only weapon Vandy had and still couldn't stop him. When I spoke of him in an earlier post the Reggie Wayne comparison stood out to me. I'm glad others thought the same.

Terrance West is the back I want. He is a strong runner. Has great cuts and vision. We will lose a back after this year . West was made for those December games in Buffalo.

Reminds me of Brandon Oliver who we can probably get as a FA

Maybe not, but you can't argue with his pedigree.

For now the focus is on Matthews, the latest link in an impressive football lineage which has given us Clay Jr. (Jake's uncle), who played 19 seasons as a linebacker for Cleveland and Atlanta, and Clay III (his cousin), the current Packers' superstar, as well as Jake's father Bruce, a Hall of Famer who made 10 All-Pro teams during his brilliant 19-year career with the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Oilers/Tennessee Titans franchise.

... you'll also find that Clay Matthews Sr. (granddad) also played four NFL seasons with San Francisco in the 1950s, and Clay III's brother is a special-teamer on the Eagles (Casey). Meanwhile, Jake's brothers, Kevin and Mike, have both played center at Texas A&M.

I'd love for him to be available at 9. I assumed you were speaking OT..Go Bills!

Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland