Sammy Watkins to Jags odds just went up..

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who plans on getting him the football

I don't think Caldwell is going QB at 3. He has said repeatedly he won't reach for a QB and that is what that would be based on the big boards. I think he will take one later. Signed Henne to an extension. JMO. Also - Watkins can return kicks for them so not totally dependent on QB for success. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't think the odds have changed. I hate when everybody reacts to news like this. The Jags have known this since the offseason began. This is just the first time he's said it out loud.

The odds may not have changed to the Jags, but they have to the media and experts who have consistently mocked defense to the Jags at 3. From what I have seen, anyway. If the Bills needed to move up to 3 to get him, that would suck.

The odds may not have changed to the Jags, but they have to the media and experts who have consistently mocked defense to the Jags at 3. From what I have seen, anyway. If the Bills needed to move up to 3 to get him, that would suck.

A lot of media members were also working under the assumption that he won't be around. I know I wouldn't be counting on Blackmon if I were anybody involved.

A lot of media members were also working under the assumption that he won't be around. I know I wouldn't be counting on Blackmon if I were anybody involved.

They thought he wouldn't be around at 3? Most I have seen had Watkins going 4 or later. The live mock last night on ESPN2 with Kiper and McShay had him going 2 to STL though.

They thought he wouldn't be around at 3? Most I have seen had Watkins going 4 or later. The live mock last night on ESPN2 with Kiper and McShay had him going 2 to STL though.

Was talking about Blackmon not being around...

I have no doubt Jags take Watkins. They don't have as many holes as people believe; WR is the most glaring weakness on the team.

I expect Gus Bradley will continue to follow the same plan from his time in Seattle. Build a defense and find a serviceable QB later. Mack is the only other guy I think they'd take. Clowney will be gone.

I don't think Caldwell is going QB at 3. He has said repeatedly he won't reach for a QB and that is what that would be based on the big boards. I think he will take one later. Signed Henne to an extension. JMO. Also - Watkins can return kicks for them so not totally dependent on QB for success.

You don't take a kick returner 3rd overall. Geepers, Ted Ginn Jr. didn't even go that high.

PS. I am not saying Watkins is only a punt returner. But, it should have ZERO factor into drafting someone 3rd overall.

The Jags are in the perfect spot. They will be taking one of Watkins or Mack. They need both positions and will get one.

I think the Jags will take Mack if he is there. I can't see them taking another WR in the Top 5, 2 out of 3 years. That is something only the Lions would do? Or the Jags?

It's not a shame. He's an idiot and he showed signs of being an idiot in college. Character matters.

I will state for the record that in the pre-draft days of 2012 I argued fiercely that a little bit of college drinking wasn't going to mean that Blackmon would necessarily have character issues. I was wr-wr-wr....wrong. (whew)

Of course, similar concerns were made as to Kiko after the Bills took him last year and thus far I haven't heard a peep about anything going wrong.