I think the OT they want is this guy

Lothar

Cyrus Kouandjio from Alabama. I think he was a top 10 selection before reports of an arthritic knee dropped his stock all the way down to maybe the 3rd round. But after his pro day and private workouts and this ...

"Famed orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews has personally cleared Kouandjio’s knee as healthy even though he did not perform the surgery. He sent letters to all 32 teams to deliver this information. Alabama team doctor Lyle Cain, who did perform the procedure, said not only did Kouandjio not miss a game following surgery, he did not miss a practice and that there were no lingering issues with his knee like pain or swelling."

and the fact that the Bills waited to bring him in as late as possible before the draft makes me think this was the mauler they wanted all along at 9. I think he would be available somewhere in the mid to late first so unless we have an ideal scenario where 3 or 4 QBs are chosen and Robinson or Mathews or Evans falls to us, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills dropping back a few spots if they can swing a deal for an extra 2nd or 3rd even to select Kouandjio over Ebron and Mosely. Especially because he is thought of as a better prospect than his former 'Bama linemate DJ Fluker (who a certain member of this board deifies but Fluker was certainly not all that in the few games I watched - including the playoff loss.)

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Alabama-OT-Cyrus-Kouandjio-visits-Bills/ab4a328f-a670-4dac-a8fd-20ce6e7082fb

he has projected to go in the first by some recently as his stock has risen as you mentioned.

I agree with Kelly here , for once.

If His health checks out , the Bills might grab him if he makes it to 41 .

I am still on the less likely Matthews band wagon for Bills first O line pick

I do NOT watch college football but I watched the NFL scouting combine and I made a note to myself which I wrote in parenthesis (no bueno) which means no good, next to his name.

So I didn't like what I saw from him. He's the only one I wrote that to, so to me, he stood out and not in a good way. I personally hope we stay far away from this guy.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

if we trade down multiple times so we can add 2 more 2nds and have him, martin from usc and niklas im all 4 it

I like this idea as well, I think a Trade with Dallas or the Ravens and then the Browns so they get their QB and we get a first, 3 2nds and 2 thirds.

I'd be surprised if he gets past Miami's pick.

there is so much uncertainty on how this draft will play out, mainly due to QB needs and just how good or not the first 3-4 are? The only certainty is that clowney, Robinson, Mack, Watkins, and Mathews will go in the top 10 picks, but where is anyone's guess...

there is so much uncertainty on how this draft will play out, mainly due to QB needs and just how good or not the first 3-4 are? The only certainty is that clowney, Robinson, Mack, Watkins, and Mathews will go in the top 10 picks, but where is anyone's guess...

Well said, but I would add Evans. He's too attractive with raw talent to not see him go in the top 10. I would bet someone will take a risk on Manzel. That's not for sure, but a calculated guess. It wouldn't surprise me if the rest all drop even to maybe the second round.

I'm just not a Kouandjio guy at all.

I have heard, however, that Miami likes him (as does Carolina).

Personally, if I'm not getting Matthews or Robinson, I'd rather draft Moses, Richardson, Bitonio, James, Fleming, or Mewhort than Kouandjio.

I like this idea as well, I think a Trade with Dallas or the Ravens and then the Browns so they get their QB and we get a first, 3 2nds and 2 thirds.

I think if they believe he is the best tackle or 2nd best, then trading back twice and gaining two 2nd round picks in the process of selecting him would be a great start to the draft. Otherwise, pick Mike Evans at 9 and hope to get Kouandjio in the 2nd. I think Kouandjio will be picked before our current 2nd round pick though.

Go Bills!!

i disapprove of the way in which this thread was set up

How so?

Well said, but I would add Evans. He's too attractive with raw talent to not see him go in the top 10. I would bet someone will take a risk on Manzel. That's not for sure, but a calculated guess. It wouldn't surprise me if the rest all drop even to maybe the second round.

I thought about Evans, but my point is 100% certainty, and I don't know if that's the case with him--or Manziel for that matter?

i feel like we could just pick up Antonio "Tiny" Richardson ( i think that's the guy) in a later round and get the same level of player.

I'm intrigued by him as well. Sounds like he needs to work harder than he has done on college though. But I would welcome him inthe 2nd because his upside is huge.

And I was on the k train but I've heard a lot of so so reports on him & now the injury concern. That's not what you want to hear about a draft pick.