The Big Lead latest mock draft - Bills take OT Zack Martin at 9?!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we take the 4th best with the 9th pick? I dont think so. I think we go BPA at that point and it won't be him. Or trade down...

This is what I think we do. Esp. given that there will be a quality OT available in the second round.

I honestly can see this happening. Martin has skyrocketed up the draft boards and I remember hearing a report the Bills liked him during the Combine interviews.

Brace yourselves.

This would suck. I read that he is more of a G in the NFL. I know, Kiper said the same about Cordy... but at 9? :sick:

So we take the 4th best with the 9th pick? I dont think so. I think we go BPA at that point and it won't be him. Or trade down...

I'm not saying I support the move I am just saying that he was pointing out an area of need and went with BPA at that position.

If the top 3 are off the board we will go TE or Mike Evans if he is there

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

This would suck. I read that he is more of a G in the NFL. I know, Kiper said the same about Cordy... but at 9? :sick:

Think about it though, that only makes more sense from the Bills' perspective. Marrone has said time and time again he likes versatile players, with Martin they could plug him in at RT or Guard.

I truly believe Martin is VERY high on the Bills board.

I truly don't think this guy knows anything about the Bills draft board and if he does how his OBD connections would allow him to announce it on Twitter but FWIW:

Kevin Massare @KevinMassare · 12h

The bills most likely pick if they stay at 9 is UNC TE Eric Ebron. Been told to Expect the bills to take a 3rd or 4th round RB for sure.

noooooo. I would rather have Martin then Jenkins.

I don't think Martin is that high on their wish list...these guys seem to favor the more massive OLmen. I mean, look at these guys:

LT Glenn - 6'6", 345 lbs

LG Williams - 6'6", 326 lbs

C Wood - 6'4", 310 lbs

RG Urbik - 6'5", 325 lbs

RT Pears - 6'8", 318 lbs OR Hairston - 6'6", 330 lbs

Spending the #9 overall pick on a 6'4", 305 lb OT that may have to move to guard doesn't strike me as this team's M-O...which is okay by me. I only want an OLmen if he's the best guy available...and that isn't Martin IMO.

While I'm not a huge fan of Martin, this would actually make some sense to me. He's the #1 OG prospect out there and can play both guard and tackle. He's flexible in terms of playing different positions like Matthews. I would argue that he has more utility than Lewan. He was also in for a visit to Buffalo, which says a lot considering that the Bills have been drafting players that have visited in a significant number of drafts. Pre-draft visitors projected to be first round picks now include:

Sammy Watkins, Jake Matthews, Mike Evans, Eric Ebron, Zack Martin, Odell Beckham, and Ryan Shazier.

The Bills are not going to take Martin at 9. They may look to move to 15 or so if they think that he is their best option. The value will match the pick. I would be surprised if Zach Martin were there 1st round pick and stunned if it was at 9.

Who are you thinking/hearing we may draft Kirby?

CBF

I can see taking Martin in a trade down as long as it is before the Dolphins pick... The Dolphins are very high on him... Martin is a scraper and has huge upside. He can handle both tackle positions..... I would take him only if the Bills trade down and pick up extra picks..... His size is a problem at 308 lbs... I bet he could add some weight and not lose a step... Time will tell..