Two teams showing most interest in Ebron

Ebron was Sirius XM and said that the Lions and Bills have been showing the most interest in him so far.

Eric Ebron: From my perspective the two teams that have showed the most interest in me are the #Lions and #Bills.

9:43pm - 21 Apr 14

Edited by Bangarang

man this is a What IF moment.

I know we'd all love for the Bills to draft the next best TE in the NFL ... but is he the BPA to meet their biggest needs?

I say he certainly fills one of the teams biggest needs. Chandler is slow, drops more and more passes every season, and makes fewer and fewer great catches every season. Gragg is still extremely raw and didn't even see the field last year at all. Moeaki has basically missed 2 of the last 3 years because of injury and even when he played his best season was 47/556/3 in his rookie year. He actually regressed in his third season after missing his second season.

To me, TE is a glaring need. In addition, I think that it's much easier to find other positions in the later rounds than it would be to find a game changing type TE. OL, LB, DB, RB, DL, all can (and have been successfully) drafted in the other rounds. I think it's fair to say OL is our weakest position right now. If our former OL player and OL coach, now Head Coach, can't spot a NFL starting caliber RT in the second or third round and develop him into a very good / great tackle then we have some serious issues at HC. I don't think that's the case.

With the way the league has been going the last few years, TEs are a hot commodity and we will miss out on the game changers if we don't take one in the first via the 9th or a trade down.

I say he certainly fills one of the teams biggest needs. Chandler is slow, drops more and more passes every season, and makes fewer and fewer great catches every season. Gragg is still extremely raw and didn't even see the field last year at all. Moeaki has basically missed 2 of the last 3 years because of injury and even when he played his best season was 47/556/3 in his rookie year. He actually regressed in his third season after missing his second season.

To me, TE is a glaring need. In addition, I think that it's much easier to find other positions in the later rounds than it would be to find a game changing type TE. OL, LB, DB, RB, DL, all can (and have been successfully) drafted in the other rounds. I think it's fair to say OL is our weakest position right now. If our former OL player and OL coach, now Head Coach, can't spot a NFL starting caliber RT in the second or third round and develop him into a very good / great tackle then we have some serious issues at HC. I don't think that's the case.

With the way the league has been going the last few years, TEs are a hot commodity and we will miss out on the game changers if we don't take one in the first via the 9th or a trade down.

Actually Gragg caught a TD against the steelers... Not sure if his eyes were open at all to be able to see the field... But he was on it...

Hopefully the Lions blink first and tries to trade up in front of the Bills for Ebron. Now that Jim Caldwell is the HC you can expect them to try and find the next Dallas Clark for that offense. The rumored Sammy Watkins trade up only confirms that they, the Lions, are more than willing to be offense minded with their first pick.

I would love for the guy to be the pick. Either him or an immediate impact OLB. But if the Lions are hot for him we have to take him at #9, unless the freaking lions trade up a couple spots and steal him. But we can get an OT in round 2 that can do really well for us at RT. So Ebron at 9, OT in round 2 would be a really good start to the draft

I would love for the guy to be the pick. Either him or an immediate impact OLB. But if the Lions are hot for him we have to take him at #9, unless the freaking lions trade up a couple spots and steal him. But we can get an OT in round 2 that can do really well for us at RT. So Ebron at 9, OT in round 2 would be a really good start to the draft

I'd love for them to trade up with us, grab OT later in the first round, and Jenkins in the 2nd. Everyone has forgotten that Jenkins was a top 10 prospect before his injury. I see no reason he won't be as good as, or better, than Ebon. His college stats are def. better.

Actually Gragg caught a TD against the steelers... Not sure if his eyes were open at all to be able to see the field... But he was on it...

I actually meant to write "basically didn't even see the field at all." 9 games played with 5 receptions is not playing time.

Adding to the "Things I Hate" thread...people that nit pick on the smallest little detail slips and punctuation errors on message boards.

Edited by Mark80

I actually meant to write "basically didn't even see the field at all." 9 games played with 5 receptions is not playing time.

Adding to the "Things I Hate" thread...people that nit pick on the smallest little detail slips and punctuation errors on message boards.

pet peeve of mine also, but happens all the time. like, "learn to spell." It's a message board, not a professional writing seminar!