Updated Visits Mock - Astro

Astrobot

Updated Bills' Visit Mock Draft

Each of the Bills' past four RD1 picks made a pre-draft visit to the Bills.

All #Bills visitors here (UPDATED 5-7-14, using Final DraftTek Big Board

My picks in RED, Actual Picks in BLUE

RD1#9- OLB Mack (3), WR Watkins (4), OT Jake Matthews (6), WR Evans (8), ILB CJ Mosley (13), WR Beckham (16), TE Ebron (18), OGRT Zack Martin (20), CBFS Kyle Fuller (21),

OLB Shazier (32), CB Bradley Roby (34).

(If the Bills trade down for a 2nd rounder, they will take Zack Martin before pick #19)

RD2#41- OT Cyrus Kouandjio (43), DE Scott Crichton (52), RB Carlos Hyde (56), TE Seferian-Jenkins (59), C Marcus Martin (57), WR Latimer (62), TE Niklas (64)

(If the Bills traded down for a 2nd rounder, they take Crichton and Hyde here, Breeland in RD3, and Preston Brown in RD5)

RD3#73- CBFS Bashaud Breeland (74), RB Jeremy Hill (99)

RD4#109- RB Seastrunk (123), RB Andre Williams (147)

RD5#149- CBFS Walt Aikens (155), S Ahmad Dixon (168), CB Philip Gaines (164), RB Terrence West (174), ILB Preston Brown (202), CB Ross Cockrell (226)

RD6#185-(Traded For WR Mike Williams)

RD7#224-OT Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (196), OG John Urschel (230), RB Jerick McKinnon (267)

UDFA

RB Terrance Cobb, Cumberlands (UNR)

OT Charles Siddoway, Mississippi State (UNR)

Edited by Astrobot

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: on moving Hyde up to the second round. If they want him I believe they better grab in in the second.

That is the best reason for trading our 9th pick for Beckham and Hyde, allowing us the extra 2nd for OT, OG, DE, FSCB, or TE.

UDFA Jeff Janis WR Saginaw valley St 6-4 220 pounds runs a 4.42 in 2013 had 83 receptions 1572 yds and 14 touchdowns

Did Janis visit? I missed that one.

That is the best reason for trading our 9th pick for Beckham and Hyde, allowing us the extra 2nd for OT, OG, DE, FSCB, or TE.

That would be more better good in my book. I don't know how popular the #9 pick is going to be, but, especially in this draft I would not mind seeing them drop back a half dozen spots.

Yo, Astro. I been looking at this kid from Geo. Southern. Jerick Mc Kinnon Rb. . His Profile runs 4.35 forty,32 bench reps. 41 verticle , 11 foot broad jump. Ran a different offense . Big play ability and tough. Fast and strong. Would need some pro- style RB coaching. Could be a real sleeper.Maybe a 4th or 5th.

Watched film on Jeff Janis ,looked a little stiff and not as fast as timed. But that's me. The size and speed had me looking.

We have him rated RD6#203 but there are some comparisons to current NFL stars here that will show you how athletic he is. He blew up the Combine, especially lateral agility (shuttle under 4 sec) that makes me think of Da'Rick, Alshon Jeffery, even Jordan Matthews this year.

Yo, Astro. I been looking at this kid from Geo. Southern. Jerick Mc Kinnon Rb. . His Profile runs 4.35 forty,32 bench reps. 41 verticle , 11 foot broad jump. Ran a different offense . Big play ability and tough. Fast and strong. Would need some pro- style RB coaching. Could be a real sleeper.Maybe a 4th or 5th.

Played CB, S, RB, QB at Ga. Southern. I have him tops in Explosion Factor by a lot. McKinnon won't be drafted early, either 7th or UDFA as he's only 5'9", but he's my 15th-rated prospect. Here's my updated list of RBs.

The Bills are not going to take a running back in the 2nd round. They will need one eventually- maybe next year- and they can take one then. They do not need a 3rd string running back in 2014. They can just as easily take next year's Carlos Hyde in 2015. Lord knows there will always be serviceable running backs to draft.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

That would be more better good in my book. I don't know how popular the #9 pick is going to be, but, especially in this draft I would not mind seeing them drop back a half dozen spots.

Simulated This in a Trade With Rams:

1 13 Buffalo Odell Beckham Jr. WRF LSU

2 41 Buffalo A Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington

2 44 Buffalo Carlos Hyde RBF Ohio State

3 73 Buffalo Brandon Thomas OG Clemson

4 109 Buffalo Demarcus Lawrence DE43 Boise State

5 149 Buffalo Walt Aikens CB-FS Liberty

7 224 Buffalo Eathyn Manumaleuna DT43 Brigham Young or Justin Britt OT Missouri

The prevailing attitude is that this is a pass-first league. RBs are a dime a dozen. A 5'9" RB won't be drafted in the 5th when there is a plethora of guys with size. That said, both Spiller and Jackson are FAs next year. We'll likely re-sign Spiller and give Jackson year-long contracts, but we'll have a backup plan in place if either wants too much. I like a handful of these guys this year, including Hyde, Seastrunk and Andre Williams in the first 100 picks and guys like Gaffney-Andrews-McKinnon last 100 picks or UDFA.

Edited by Astrobot

Sorry but some of your value is way off. Lawrence is being talked about as a late first round early 2nd round pick. You have him going round 4. I dont believe that a 6'0 4.4 37 inch vertical with 4 years and 12 INTS in Ross Cockrell will be a 7th round pick. Latimer is probably a 2nd round or 3rd round guy at worst.

I like Beckham...But not for the Bills as much...Woods, and Flash are already 6 ft or smaller WR's...I don't see the need for another...

If they trade down and take a WR I'd prefer one of the bigger ones...But you can likely get one of them at #41 anyway...So...to me at least...I think a trade down opens up the possibility for names like Clinton-Dix, Calvin Pryor, Dee Ford, or Zach Martin... B-)

Simulated This in a Trade With Rams:

1 13 Buffalo Odell Beckham Jr. WRF LSU

2 41 Buffalo A Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington

2 44 Buffalo Carlos Hyde RBF Ohio State

3 73 Buffalo Brandon Thomas OG Clemson

4 109 Buffalo Demarcus Lawrence DE43 Boise State

5 149 Buffalo Walt Aikens CB-FS Liberty

7 224 Buffalo Eathyn Manumaleuna DT43 Brigham Young or Justin Britt OT Missouri

The prevailing attitude is that this is a pass-first league. RBs are a dime a dozen. A 5'9" RB won't be drafted in the 5th when there is a plethora of guys with size. That said, both Spiller and Jackson are FAs next year. We'll likely re-sign Spiller and give Jackson year-long contracts, but we'll have a backup plan in place if either wants too much. I like a handful of these guys this year, including Hyde, Seastrunk and Andre Williams in the first 100 picks and guys like Gaffney-Andrews-McKinnon last 100 picks or UDFA.

Why do you think 5'9" is a liability for a RB?

5'10" 220 has been considered the ideal height and weight of a RB for decades. The weight has come down a bit.

But MJD and Ray Rice are little bowling balls.

Chris Johnson, CJ Spiller, McCoy, and Jamal Charles are all very similar height and weight at 5-11 ~200.

Even Lynch is 5-11 215.

Why would 5'9" be a liability for a RB?

Tre masons name has seemingly disappeared from discussion. I really like his running style and would love to see him be the back picked in the trade down scenario. How do you think he fits, where is he projected, and what team are you thinking hell end up on?

Edited by section122