Aldon Smith is an idiot.

boyst

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture-11.png

if someone wanted to photoshop some golf clubs on the back of it, id appreciate the efforts.

That is awesome.

BTW, I have no hostility towards COPS. I just feel that that specific comment was useless to the incident.

It's easy and unfortunately, quite naive to believe that off the field actions of NFL players don't matter. The NFL is approaching a $10 billion a year business. They're a business of entertainment by definition. None the less in this increasingly connected world, off the field actions reflect on that business. The players and owners have a conduct policy to protect the NFL brand and ensure that that business continues and more importantly continues to grow. My company is smaller (about $1 billion in revenue), but they have employee policies just the same. Those policies cover many things that I can do off the field that would reflect poorly on their brand. If I get in front of the media and spew racist comments; if I drive under the influence and hurt or kill someone; if I write articles memorializing hatred for this or that religious organization; etc., I could get fired. There is ZERO opportunity to suggest saying that my work stands on its own and that they should ignore everything else. Aldon Smith quite frankly is just blowing it. If I'm the 49ers, I would have to take a long hard look at him as an individual and probably have a sit down conversation to figure out how HE is going to remedy his situation going forward. If the 49ers ditch him and I'm the GM of any other team, I would have serious reservations about doing anything with the right contract provisions that can void his entire deal if he doesn't toe the line. The OP got this one right none the less. Aldon Smith IS an idiot.

It's easy and unfortunately, quite naive to believe that off the field actions of NFL players don't matter. The NFL is approaching a $10 billion a year business. They're a business of entertainment by definition. None the less in this increasingly connected world, off the field actions reflect on that business. The players and owners have a conduct policy to protect the NFL brand and ensure that that business continues and more importantly continues to grow. My company is smaller (about $1 billion in revenue), but they have employee policies just the same. Those policies cover many things that I can do off the field that would reflect poorly on their brand. If I get in front of the media and spew racist comments; if I drive under the influence and hurt or kill someone; if I write articles memorializing hatred for this or that religious organization; etc., I could get fired. There is ZERO opportunity to suggest saying that my work stands on its own and that they should ignore everything else. Aldon Smith quite frankly is just blowing it. If I'm the 49ers, I would have to take a long hard look at him as an individual and probably have a sit down conversation to figure out how HE is going to remedy his situation going forward. If the 49ers ditch him and I'm the GM of any other team, I would have serious reservations about doing anything with the right contract provisions that can void his entire deal if he doesn't toe the line. The OP got this one right none the less. Aldon Smith IS an idiot.

Mike Williams fan i suppose ?

: )

I think multiple DUIs is malicious, the gun chargers are more the result of Californias awful gun laws and the bomb incident today was poor judgement. He clearly has issues and needs to resolve them, I see a lengthy suspension in his future.

Right. Frisco should trade him to either the Cowboys or Texans, he'll fit right in down there.

• 3 weeks later...