Why not trade a Graham for a Graham?

I'm usually not a fan of the fantasy football-style wild trade ideas, but this one makes sense to me.

The Eagles are looking to deal Brandon Graham, who doesn't fit in their 3-4 as a somewhat undersized passrusher:

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/04/11/wake-call-29/

The Eagles are in need of a speedy WR, having lost Desean Jackson.

T.J. Graham is expendable now that we've signed Mike Williams; it appears he doesn't fit in Marrone's plans anyhow.

Why not trade one Graham for another?

It would save us some $$ on uniforms.

Just a thought.

Where do I sign? I would love this deal. Scratch another need off the draft board for no cost. He reminds me of the Jerry Hughes situation last season. Former 1st rounder with high expectations that could use a change of scenery.

6'2" / 265lb. 3 sacks last season & 5.5 sacks the year before.

I really don't know how the Eagles would value TJ though. I'd rather have the pass rusher myself but there is no doubt that TJ offers your offense deep ball speed like no other. More then likely would have to throw in a draft pick & I don't think I want to be losing any more picks in this deep draft.

Edited by smapdi

I don't like it at all. Unlike the peanut gallery, TJ Graham is not a bad receiver. He was open on MOST of his thrown to attempts last year, MOST of the failed attempts were not his fault. I think with some consistency at QB, we see a great player emerging this year.

Tim-

I don't like it at all. Unlike the peanut gallery, TJ Graham is not a bad receiver. He was open on MOST of his thrown to attempts last year, MOST of the failed attempts were not his fault. I think with some consistency at QB, we see a great player emerging this year.

Tim-

I just don't think the Bills value T.J. - the fact that they're bringing in Odell Beckham for a pre-draft workout speaks volumes to me.

Potential or not, there is no way any other NFL will give up ANYTHING for TJ Graham. He has shown nothing in 2 seasons, and wouldn't event warrant a 7th round pick in trade. If any team wanted him, they're thinking they can get him for nothing after he gets cut.

We're best off keeping him and hoping he develops into a useful asset.

I would like to see Brandon Graham as a Bill though. Not sure he really offers anything that Hughes doesn't already give us.

Potential or not, there is no way any other NFL will give up ANYTHING for TJ Graham. He has shown nothing in 2 seasons, and wouldn't event warrant a 7th round pick in trade. If any team wanted him, they're thinking they can get him for nothing after he gets cut.

We're best off keeping him and hoping he develops into a useful asset.

I would like to see Brandon Graham as a Bill though. Not sure he really offers anything that Hughes doesn't already give us.

I guess people really do watch different games? In two years I do not think that TJ has dropped a single ball that was catchable.

Tim-

I guess people really do watch different games? In two years I do not think that TJ has dropped a single ball that was catchable.

Tim-

he dropped a couple against Seattle, but I agree with your general idea

He's better than most people think. Always running open, yet the qb can't get him the ball.

he dropped a couple against Seattle, but I agree with your general idea

He's better than most people think. Always running open, yet the qb can't get him the ball.

This place isn't happy (or is that miserable?) without a whipping boy. EJ and TJ are your current leaders in the clubhouse.

Tim-

TJ, is that you? LOL. It's not his fault that he drops passes hitting him in the hands, because they're NOT HIS HANDS. He's the victim of a cruel hand transplant conspiracy. Honestly, I would trade Graham in a heartbeat. Johnson/Woods/Williams/Goodwin make him expendable.

Tim-

I agree. TJ is a gifted athlete with amazing speed. QB play has a lot to do with his production or lack of. This is his 3rd year and usually players r givin that amount of time to show what they have. If we see no improvement in his game this year we can cut ties after this season. I am not ready to give up on the kid.