Holy cow! Kiper mocks Mack at #1

TPS

One game shouldn't dictate his future, I am an SDSU alum and the entire offensive game plan was predicated on minimizing Macks impact. I think his play vs Ohio State is more indicative of his talents.

I almost fell off my chair laughing. Sentence 1 - one game shouldn't dictate......Sentence 2 - one game example....LOL.

What don't you like about Lewan? I'm curious because I felt the same way until I personally started digging into him - and now I like him a lot, in fact more than Matthews at this point (for me).

it just doesn't sit right to me to draft a premier OT who should be playing LT to play RT when we have a suitable OLT that gets better every week.

With the talent available I'd rather look at another position, even OG or Mike Evans (who I am not a big fan of).

I know he is good and I know he will be good in the NFL but I like Glenn.

I won't be upset or even bothered if we draft him. I'd just rather go another direction

I did and I did go to one because of it. It was so boring we left at halftime. While they are developing a better program, they are still not even close to "there" yet.

Same here. There was a bit of buzz early on, but nothing like right now. He was worth the drive out to Amherst.

Although, I ended up becoming quite a fan of Oliver. I hope he gets a shot and signs somewhere.

The atmosphere there is just horrible. It is like your at a funeral. I blame it on 2 things. First that stadium sucks. Whoever designed that stadium had to be an idiot. I realized it was designed for the Empire Games or whatever but come on. Everybody is so far away from the field it is really not possible to generate any noise. 2nd I blame the atmosphere on the student body. Honestly, UB has what 20-25,000 undergrads there & the student section could only fill that little corner by the goalline. What is with the students not showing up? I remember a game a few years ago the year they won the MAC Championship. There was a Tuesday night game, late in the season, Veterans Day, I forget who they were playing, I think it was either Ohio or Ball St, not sure, but the winner took control of the East division, it was a beautiful night out(for November) temps were in the high 50's that night, no rain, I took my son to the game. When I got home from work I was like let's leave early I think this place is going to be packed tonight. Espn was there to add to the excitement. I get there & to my disappointment it was the same 5,000 fans there you see every other game. If Iam a student I would of been all over going to that game. tailgating all day & then heading over to the game. The student body @ UB sucks when it comes to supporting their athletics. I hate to be racial about this but I think a lot of it has to do with all the foreigners that come up from NYC who all they care about is getting a free ride to UB & would never consider taking a night away from their precious studies to actually support the school that they go to.

This is pretty accurate though the fan support is improving slowly. UB's record of football ineptitude up until recently made the Bills look like the Patriots in comparison. So the level of support is not surprising. That stadium is frickin' awful. Those aluminum benches on a freezing, blustery Tuesday nights in November are pure torture.

A couple of things hold UB back athletically: 1) SUNY and 2) Lack of major donors. These days you need a Terry Pegula (PSU) or T. Boone Pickins (Okla.St.) to buy your way to respectability. But it doesn't help the SUNY historically downplays athletics at all its schools.

They do have a new AD, Danny White who is trying, and having some success, at lifting the athletic department. And Chris Koch at New Era (a UB alum) is hoping to be something like what Phil Knight of Nike is to Oregon. Having a Khalil Mack certainly helps raising a program's profile.

There have been murmurs of UB jumping to the AAC. Even talk of the Big 10. How can an athletically stunted school like UB even be considered for a marquee conference like the Big 10? Two reasons: 1) Being a flagship public university in a state the Big 10 covets and 2) being a major research center and a member of the American Association of Universities, something all Big 10 schools are. Obviously things like facilities and team performance has to improve dramatically first.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

One game shouldn't dictate his future, I am an SDSU alum and the entire offensive game plan was predicated on minimizing Macks impact. I think his play vs Ohio State is more indicative of his talents.

I would agree. Most teams that played him schemed against him. Kiper has said all along he has Mack #1 on his big board. I think he will be a beast.

This is pretty accurate though the fan support is improving slowly. UB's record of football ineptitude up until recently made the Bills look like the Patriots in comparison. So the level of support is not surprising. That stadium is frickin' awful. Those aluminum benches on a freezing, blustery Tuesday nights in November are pure torture.

A couple of things hold UB back athletically: 1) SUNY and 2) Lack of major donors. These days you need a Terry Pegula (PSU) or T. Boone Pickins (Okla.St.) to buy your way to respectability. But it doesn't help the SUNY historically downplays athletics at all its schools.

They do have a new AD, Danny White who is trying, and having some success, at lifting the athletic department. And Chris Koch at New Era (a UB alum) is hoping to be something like what Phil Knight of Nike is to Oregon. Having a Khalil Mack certainly helps raising a program's profile.

There have been murmurs of UB jumping to the AAC. Even talk of the Big 10. How can an athletically stunted school like UB even be considered for a marquee conference like the Big 10? Two reasons: 1) Being a flagship public university in a state the Big 10 covets and 2) being a major research center and a member of the American Association of Universities, something all Big 10 schools are. Obviously things like facilities and team performance has to improve dramatically first.

PTR

ACC would be interesting. Would be good in-state rivalry with Syracuse. (go Cuse!)