WTF Mock Draft

I wanted to try a "WTF" Mock for the Bills, picking some players out in left field at first glance, but giving reasons why that pick just might happen. OK, so I didn't want to make dinner.

RD1 9 Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh DT - We have him going at #15 this week in our mock, but when Schwartz came to both Detroit and Tennessee he took a dominating DT early...three times. Plus Kyle isn't getting younger, plus Donald's rush efficiency in pressures/ sacks is double the next-highest guy.

RD2 41 Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt WR - Standing at 6'3 205 lbs, Matthews is the SEC All-Time leading receiver in receptions (262) and receiving yards (3759). He's the big physical target that E.J. will look to on critical 3rd downs and red zone situations.

RD3 73 Carlos Hyde, Ohio State RB - Guess which RB is going to be a free agent next year. Both of our starters. Hyde blocks well, runs between tackles, and is an Excedrin headache for the tackler.

RD4 109 Kareem Martin, N Carolina DE - One of the more versatile DEs in the draft. If he’s in a Wide-9 and you have to take him on 1:1, you’ve already lost. Martin has the frame you can’t teach 6’6” and 265 lb., with impressive length and musculature. Martin’s hands and arms prevent blockers from fully engaging. He’s a bullrusher when you want him to be and he sets the edge well.

RD5 149 Joe Don Duncan, Dixie State TE - A TE with WR like stats. --how many TE's catch 71 balls for 1045 yds and 13 TD's? Also, 35 reps in the Bench Press, beating the next highest TE by 7 reps. His specialty is highpointing passes.

RD7 224 Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT - WTF? A med student from Canada, eh? Bills just had him in, and he blew up the Combine numbers.

I'm not a fan of taking offensive line early. Still not taking anybody in the mid rds would be a mistake. I wouldn't hate the picks but would like to see them address offensive line. Also even with both running backs going into free agency, I don't believe they're going to break the bank. I look at the deal Moreno got.

I'm not a fan of taking offensive line early. Still not taking anybody in the mid rds would be a mistake. I wouldn't hate the picks but would like to see them address offensive line. Also even with both running backs going into free agency, I don't believe they're going to break the bank. I look at the deal Moreno got.

Still hung up on the Mike Williams pick?

astro, i like this mock draft a lot. the descriptions given really make a lot of sense. really like the med student from canada, regionalization and this year's underdog hero all wrapped into one guy. plus, he's the ot that coach marrone has been waiting to mold.

He's intelligent and athletic. I don't see him in many mocks. Like Leon Sandcastle.

I still think Evans drops to us, or Matthews drops, or they trade down. No Lewan, no Barr, no Mosley (although he's still being mocked to us pretty often)

He's intelligent and athletic. I don't see him in many mocks. Like Leon Sandcastle.

I still think Evans drops to us, or Matthews drops, or they trade down. No Lewan, no Barr, no Mosley (although he's still being mocked to us pretty often)

I hope you're right...But I think it's looking like Matthews at #6 to Atlanta, and Evans at #7 to Tampa is not only possible, they seem to be the favorites to those teams in their local media...Both picks make a lot of sense...I think if anyone falls to the Bills that is not supposed to fall it will be Mack... B-)

I like this WTF draft more than I'll probably like the real one.

Oh, I guarantee that.

I hope you're right...But I think it's looking like Matthews at #6 to Atlanta, and Evans at #7 to Tampa is not only possible, they seem to be the favorites to those teams in their local media...Both picks make a lot of sense...I think if anyone falls to the Bills that is not supposed to fall it will be Mack... B-)

I'm looking at a board of

1 -- Jadeveon Clowney South Carolina 6'5" 266 DE43 OLB34 0 BIO --
2 -- Teddy Bridgewater Louisville 6'2" 214 QB   BIO --
3 -- Jake Matthews Texas A&M 6'5" 308 LOT ROT 0 BIO --
4 -- Sammy Watkins Clemson 6'1" 211 WRF   BIO --
5 -- Greg Robinson Auburn 6'5" 332 LOT ROT 0 BIO VID
6 -- Khalil Mack Buffalo 6'3" 251 OLB43 OLB34 0 BIO --
7 -- Johnny Manziel Texas A&M 6'0" 207 QB   BIO --
8 -- C.J. Mosley Alabama 6'2" 234 ILB OLB43 0 BIO --

and think, "Who falls?" or "Who above us goes off the board?"

Mack? Manziel? Mosley?

Or does a guy not listed get taken, like Bortles? Ebron? Lewan? Aaron Donald? Evans? Kony Ealy?

That drops the rest to us.

Still hung up on the Mike Williams pick?

I don't see value taking offensive line in the 1st. Also Mike Williams has put up numbers in TB but he's a low risk high reward guy. If the Bills took a WR in the 6th I don't think that should prevent them taking a WR in the 1st. Which is how I look at the Mike Williams wr pickup.

As for Williams the OT pick. I think the game has evolved. RB's no longer have value early and I don't think OT's do either.

I don't see value taking offensive line in the 1st. Also Mike Williams has put up numbers in TB but he's a low risk high reward guy. If the Bills took a WR in the 6th I don't think that should prevent them taking a WR in the 1st. Which is how I look at the Mike Williams wr pickup.

As for Williams the OT pick. I think the game has evolved. RB's no longer have value early and I don't think OT's do either.

as a general rule, rb's value has definitely declined in the nfl draft as a whole. and maybe OT will, as a whole, also decline. but i think that those premier tackles will always hold a lot of value. since the qb is the most important position in the game, the guys that are most important in the protection schemes will always have high value.

I like this WTF draft more than I'll probably like the real one.

I'm with you on that one. I wouldn't hate this, but it doesn't address some of the needs I'd like to see us address.

I wanted to try a "WTF" Mock for the Bills, picking some players out in left field at first glance, but giving reasons why that pick just might happen. OK, so I didn't want to make dinner.

RD1 9 Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh DT - We have him going at #15 this week in our mock, but when Schwartz came to both Detroit and Tennessee he took a dominating DT early...three times. Plus Kyle isn't getting younger, plus Donald's rush efficiency in pressures/ sacks is double the next-highest guy.

RD2 41 Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt WR - Standing at 6'3 205 lbs, Matthews is the SEC All-Time leading receiver in receptions (262) and receiving yards (3759). He's the big physical target that E.J. will look to on critical 3rd downs and red zone situations.

RD3 73 Carlos Hyde, Ohio State RB - Guess which RB is going to be a free agent next year. Both of our starters. Hyde blocks well, runs between tackles, and is an Excedrin headache for the tackler.

RD4 109 Kareem Martin, N Carolina DE - One of the more versatile DEs in the draft. If he’s in a Wide-9 and you have to take him on 1:1, you’ve already lost. Martin has the frame you can’t teach 6’6” and 265 lb., with impressive length and musculature. Martin’s hands and arms prevent blockers from fully engaging. He’s a bullrusher when you want him to be and he sets the edge well.

RD5 149 Joe Don Duncan, Dixie State TE - A TE with WR like stats. --how many TE's catch 71 balls for 1045 yds and 13 TD's? Also, 35 reps in the Bench Press, beating the next highest TE by 7 reps. His specialty is highpointing passes.

RD7 224 Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT - WTF? A med student from Canada, eh? Bills just had him in, and he blew up the Combine numbers.

What makes you think Hyde lasts a ways into the third round?

I think The Bills will take Aaron Donald but I think they will trade down with ST Louis first and pick up a 3rd also I think Donald plays more RDE than DT in his first couple years

I'll take it, it will be better than what the Bills will really do.

I believe this was my EXACT statement in a mock I posted about a month ago...You like me...you really like me :flirt: