WTF Mock Draft

He's intelligent and athletic. I don't see him in many mocks. Like Leon Sandcastle.

I still think Evans drops to us, or Matthews drops, or they trade down. No Lewan, no Barr, no Mosley (although he's still being mocked to us pretty often)

Not sure if you are referring to this or just him in general, but Leon is a player in this years Madden that comes up last minute in the draft storylines (they even use a picture of Deion for him). He gets an UDFA projection from the scouts and pundits. He then flat out dominates the passing game, is the fastest player in the whole game, and is the biggest wimp around as far as tackling goes. Pretty funny stuff.

Edited by Mark80

I wanted to try a "WTF" Mock for the Bills, picking some players out in left field at first glance, but giving reasons why that pick just might happen. OK, so I didn't want to make dinner.

RD1 9 Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh DT - We have him going at #15 this week in our mock, but when Schwartz came to both Detroit and Tennessee he took a dominating DT early...three times. Plus Kyle isn't getting younger, plus Donald's rush efficiency in pressures/ sacks is double the next-highest guy.

RD2 41 Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt WR - Standing at 6'3 205 lbs, Matthews is the SEC All-Time leading receiver in receptions (262) and receiving yards (3759). He's the big physical target that E.J. will look to on critical 3rd downs and red zone situations.

RD3 73 Carlos Hyde, Ohio State RB - Guess which RB is going to be a free agent next year. Both of our starters. Hyde blocks well, runs between tackles, and is an Excedrin headache for the tackler.

RD4 109 Kareem Martin, N Carolina DE - One of the more versatile DEs in the draft. If he’s in a Wide-9 and you have to take him on 1:1, you’ve already lost. Martin has the frame you can’t teach 6’6” and 265 lb., with impressive length and musculature. Martin’s hands and arms prevent blockers from fully engaging. He’s a bullrusher when you want him to be and he sets the edge well.

RD5 149 Joe Don Duncan, Dixie State TE - A TE with WR like stats. --how many TE's catch 71 balls for 1045 yds and 13 TD's? Also, 35 reps in the Bench Press, beating the next highest TE by 7 reps. His specialty is highpointing passes.

RD7 224 Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT - WTF? A med student from Canada, eh? Bills just had him in, and he blew up the Combine numbers.

I actually wouldn't mind it too much. I think we'd be better going OT in the second, but I'd have no problem with A. Donald as the first pick. It is likely that he may be the BPA when we pick.