Bills sign Punter Jake Dombrowski

Rather than chucking, my guess is that Moorman is thanking Whaley for bringing in a guy that saves him from the duty to do every punt in our 5 pre-season games. Mileage is the likely big issue for Moorman this year.

I agree. Moorman's probably chuckling over this; not really viable competition.

I was actually expecting them to bring in some stiffer competition for Moorman.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we have a rookie punter that was injured last season, that's why Moorman came back? Or am I dreaming?

You are dreaming the rookie that got injured was a kicker, Dustin Hopkins the punter was Shawn powell who was cut for stinkiing out in the Cleavland game. Edited by nobody14

National Elite Camp, Smahional Elite Camp - a TBD poster said this is stupid and he's ranked 29 out of 54 punters and that's enough for me!

Love the overreaction to every signing the Bills make. He'll either shine and make the team, or not. I'm pretty sure his cap hit isn't going to cramp our style...

I agree completely. That is exactly the point I was trying to make.

Yes. I remember two teams - NE and Cincy I believe - whose punters got hurt at the end of the season Tom Brady was punting and I think Mike Nugent, the kicker for Cincy was punting. They had to pick up punters off the waiver wire for the playoffs. They can bring 90 guys to camp, might as well get some punters familiar with the scheme.

Definitely. Really, the only negative I've heard is he was rated as the #29 punter coming out last year.... But I don't know what really constitutes the gap between the 7th and 33rd (essentially all the serviceable guys behind the handful of standouts).

Do you really think the Bills are bringing in a punter just for kicks(sorry). Moorman is no longer an elite punter, far from it. I was surprised they signed him in the offseason to come back. The Bills will bring in people with the hopes of improving the team, whether a long shot or a solid prospect, they will try to improve. I don't believe this is a situation where we just bring in someone for reps. If we go into the season thinking we are in great shape at punter, that's a bad move.

Also, if you were expecting stiffer competition - who would you bring in instead and why?

I really love Moorman, but I agree with you. They need to bring in some legit competition, given Moorman's age.

I was expecting a draft pick (still possible, I guess), or one of the younger vets still kicking around. The fact they brought in Dombrowski makes it less likely that they will bring in anyone else.

• 3 weeks later...

Did we get him to do our taxes?

But gotta love Camp Fodder this early in the game.

This is a guy you get to kick the punts in practice to not wear out your starter.

Moorman's probably chuckling over this; not really viable competition.