OT Cyrus Kouandjio

I have been hoping and expecting for the Bills to draft OT Taylor Lewan with their first pick in the draft and WR Allen Robinson in the 2nd rd but after reading about Kouandjio's Pro Day I might be changing my wish list to WR Mike Evans in the 1st rd and Kouandjio in the 2nd. I guess I could be excited in either scenario though. Go Bills!

Bills Mobile: OT Kouandjio has lengthy pro day | http://bit.ly/1g4QBN0

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/04/08/ot-kouandjio-has-lengthy-pro-day/

I just wanted to update something here. I just read that Falcons' owner Arthur Blank was not happy that QB Matt Ryan got roughed up last year and none of the OL retaliated. The Falcons have already made some changes to the OL for some toughness. I fully expect the Rams and Falcons to draft Greg Robinson and Jake Matthews with their first pick. I'm wondering if the Rams were to select Robinson if the Falcons would be tempted to draft Lewan instead of Matthews because of his so called nastiness. If so maybe Matthews just might slide to us after all. I'd rather have Matthews but I didn't think that we would have any kind of chance to get him. if not I would still be satisfied if we were to get Lewan.

I remember someone quoted a Bills scout talking about this OT and that scout wasnt impressed.

Just a nugget but I do remember a Bills scout reporting that C. Glenn being better suited to play guard instead of tackle. Be mindful during this time of year, a lot of positioning is in effect. If this guys knee pan out under scrutiny, he's a fit on the right side (2nd Rd) in this offense, IMO.

I have been hoping and expecting for the Bills to draft OT Taylor Lewan with their first pick in the draft and WR Allen Robinson in the 2nd rd but after reading about Kouandjio's Pro Day I might be changing my wish list to WR Mike Evans in the 1st rd and Kouandjio in the 2nd. I guess I could be excited in either scenario though. Go Bills!

Bills Mobile: OT Kouandjio has lengthy pro day | http://bit.ly/1g4QBN0

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/04/08/ot-kouandjio-has-lengthy-pro-day/

It looks like Allen Robinson will sneak into the late 1st after an impressive pro day. He ran a sub 4.5 40, and wowed scouts with his work out.

Kouandjio is kind of a question mark for me. The knee injury is of concern, but I like that he put it all on the table at his pro day after stinking up the combine. I read that prior to the workout he approached the crowd of scouts/GM's and asked them what they would like to see from him. Reportedly, he looked pretty good.

That said, I would let some other team take a gamble on him. This class is just too deep with OT's.

If everything checked out, he's a guy I really like. Played against top competition and has a good backstory. IMO, he's the type of guy you get to be a RT and you don't have to spend a top 10 pick for. If he's healthy (and that's the big if), he could end up being as good as any of the Ts drafted in the 1st round.

If everything checked out, he's a guy I really like. Played against top competition and has a good backstory. IMO, he's the type of guy you get to be a RT and you don't have to spend a top 10 pick for. If he's healthy (and that's the big if), he could end up being as good as any of the Ts drafted in the 1st round.

+1. Perfect RT for a smash-mouth team. Guy is a nasty people mover.

+1. Perfect RT for a smash-mouth team. Guy is a nasty people mover.

Yeah I don't know, he was pretty inconsistent last year. I'm a huge Alabama fan and watch all their games. OL was a weak point last season, was really kind of disappointed in CK. He took plays off and got a few dumb penalties at critical times. OTOH, sometimes the greatest OL start off that way! House Ballard, I'm looking at you!

Interestingly, I just started another thread about the draft in general and the Bills showing their cards. I could see a trade down in the first and Kouandjio picked later in the first round. Would NOT hurt my feelings at all.

I just read yesterday both CBS and NFL.coms player rankings on Cyrus. CBS really liked his run blocking but NFL network says his talent is better than his actual playing.

I think it important that whomever the Bills get to add at Right OT that he is a very good run blocker at an NFL level now. That's why I say if Mathews by some miracle is there, you take him. Plug and play players are rare....

Fans are suggesting using Mathews as trade bait, but I think those fans need to look at past drafts overall and see all the busts that occur every year.

Yeah I don't know, he was pretty inconsistent last year. I'm a huge Alabama fan and watch all their games. OL was a weak point last season, was really kind of disappointed in CK. He took plays off and got a few dumb penalties at critical times. OTOH, sometimes the greatest OL start off that way! House Ballard, I'm looking at you!

It might have been weak by Alabama standards, but their top rbs average 6.0, 7.5, and 10.9 ypc. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/alabama/2013.html McCarron only got sacked 17 times, down from 22 the year before. So while it wasn't Alabama's best oline, let's not overstate how "bad" they were.

It might have been weak by Alabama standards, but their top rbs average 6.0, 7.5, and 10.9 ypc. http://www.sports-re...abama/2013.html McCarron only got sacked 17 times, down from 22 the year before. So while it wasn't Alabama's best oline, let's not overstate how "bad" they were.

No, I didn't say bad, I said a weak point. McCarron was getting rid of the ball quicker - he had to. In years past he sat back there all day. I wouldnt mind CK on the Bills, but not too high.