My letter to Ralph Wilson that was answered

seq004

In 2002 when the Bills had signed Drew Bledsoe I wrote Ralph just to thank him for keeping the Bills in WNY. He had opportunities to move them I think more than once and didn't. I was surprised when he wrote me back. He said he was honered to keep the team for the city of Buffalo and their loyal fans. It looks like his signature. Good owner, not perfect, but solid imo.

In 2002 when the Bills had signed Drew Bledsoe I wrote Ralph just to thank him for keeping the Bills in WNY. He had opportunities to move them I think more than once and didn't. I was surprised when he wrote me back. He said he was honered to keep the team for the city of Buffalo and their loyal fans. It looks like his signature. Good owner, not perfect, but solid imo.

After all that he's just good, not perfect, but solid?

Thanks for posting.

Under Ralph's leadership, the Bills won something like 46 or 47% of their games. He wasn't great at fielding a good product. But his loyalty was awesome. And my bottom line is I'd rather have the Bills go 7-9 in Buffalo than 9-7 somewhere else. So I have to be thankful to Ralph.

Thanks for posting.

Under Ralph's leadership, the Bills won something like 46 or 47% of their games. He wasn't great at fielding a good product. But his loyalty was awesome. And my bottom line is I'd rather have the Bills go 7-9 in Buffalo than 9-7 somewhere else. So I have to be thankful to Ralph.

:thumbsup:

That's very cool.

I've written one letter in my whole life to any type of corporation, team, musician...........It was to John Butler, when they league was reorganizing. I really wanted them to stick with their traditional rivals - Jets, Pats and Fins. There had been talk about going in with the AFC Central.

One of my work partners answered the phone and said it's John Butler's secretary and he wants to talk to me........ I'm like what?? I had to get going to an appt, so I asked if I could call from my car. I had to borrow somebody's else's cell as I didn't even own one then.

The whole half an hour ride, he talked to me about Bills football (he agreed with my letter and said Mr. Wilson is arguing for that right now at the league meetings).

It was on the day that they signed back Ruben Brown, when Fina took a pay cut to do it, after it looked like Ruben would be gone..........So, it was a major press conference day, etc. and he still talked to me about what I thought about the Bills for half an hour.

That's very cool.

I've written one letter in my whole life to any type of corporation, team, musician...........It was to John Butler, when they league was reorganizing. I really wanted them to stick with their traditional rivals - Jets, Pats and Fins. There had been talk about going in with the AFC Central.

One of my work partners answered the phone and said it's John Butler's secretary and he wants to talk to me........ I'm like what?? I had to get going to an appt, so I asked if I could call from my car. I had to borrow somebody's else's cell as I didn't even own one then.

The whole half an hour ride, he talked to me about Bills football (he agreed with my letter and said Mr. Wilson is arguing for that right now at the league meetings).

It was on the day that they signed back Ruben Brown, when Fina took a pay cut to do it, after it looked like Ruben would be gone..........So, it was a major press conference day, etc. and he still talked to me about what I thought about the Bills for half an hour.

I had the opportunity to wait in a port a potty line with butler during marv levys hall of fame day. We talked for the few minutes, but then we both entered our respectvr toilets and when I came out, he was waiting to finish the conversation. It was before the event, so we eventually ended up bsing for a good 20 minutes about football and the bills. He was a good dude.

That was also the day that manny Fernandez allowed me to wear his perfect season Super Bowl ring. I loathe the dolphins but that was friggin cool.

That's very cool.

At the time I also wanted to stay with the traditional AFC East rivals. In hindsight, the Miami rivalry has lost its luster and lets just say with a few exceptions New England games haven't been much fun either. It would be cool to have division rivals within driving distance (Cinci, Pitt, and Cleveland). Nonetheless, cool that Butler called, then waited for your call back.

Cool stories. I don't need to see the letter. I just appreciate you sharing with us.

I also like the Butler story. He was the guy who brought us the #1 defense in the Flutie days. It's funny as I live in Tampa and a Bucs fan, but second of course to the Bills. Everyone here always would make comments the Bucs had the best defense, but it was the Bills with Paup, Spielman, Washington and so on.

I was sorry to hear of his passing when in San Diego.

My John Butler story.....

After the Hall Of Fame induction ceremony for Jim Kelly back in 2002, myself and 49 other Bills fans (most from here) are on a bus leaving the parking lot. Following a car we come to one of the exits which is blocked by a sawhorse. Out of the car comes John Butler who moves the sawhorse so we could all get out.

I had the opportunity to wait in a port a potty line with butler during marv levys hall of fame day. We talked for the few minutes, but then we both entered our respectvr toilets and when I came out, he was waiting to finish the conversation. It was before the event, so we eventually ended up bsing for a good 20 minutes about football and the bills. He was a good dude.

That was also the day that manny Fernandez allowed me to wear his perfect season Super Bowl ring. I loathe the dolphins but that was friggin cool.

Did you wash/sanitize your hands after??