Karma?

Beerball

and this relates to a guy driving in a very unsafe manner in what way? 17 wrongs make a right is about the only thing I can come up with.

it was in relation to driving in a very unsafe manner wrt the comment speeding is breaking the law. to expound - Most people break the law when they drive every day in some form or another.

One of them being Slower Traffic Keep Right

Driving 60 in a 55 is much safer than most of the other illegal actions that I posted. What's lacking in America on the roads is common courtesy. Be polite and drive in the right lane.

You have to know then people speed all the time. (if you don't... who's the stupid one?)

If some (let's say) "idiot" is driving fast behind you, move aside and let them pass. Karma will catch up to them eventually.

17 wrongs - Again I have said this more than once in this thread - 2 wrongs don't make it right.

I worked with a guy who built a XBand transmitter to emulate a radar gun. When he encountered excessive speeders wile driving on the Thruway he blasted them with a burst in stead of physically using his vehicle to hinder traffic in any way.

These people in turn would hit their breaks, wait a half mile and take off again. (rinse and repeat) After 5 miles of this they turned their detectors off. 15 miles down the road we'd see them pulled over by the cops.

Karma will catch up to them eventually.

If you ask me if I like movies about Gladiators, I'm reporting your ass.

Do you like movies about ballerina's?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which she was doing. But no - none of it was her fault!

You're conflating the points: her cell phone usage directly results in her driving unsafely. This is entirely exclusive from the point that his inability to exercise self-control resulted in his accident.

And I've noticed not one single person has answered the question I've asked 3 times now...

Edited by thebandit27

If the woman had done the right thing and let him pass, would we be having this conversation? How about if she didn't compromise her driving ability and pull out a cell phone?

Who knows what would have happened in that event? Is he less responsible for his own actions just because someone else was being a prick?

Since we are discussing bad driving. I have a question for California residents. I was driving on a freeway the other day when a guy in a duelly truck started tailgating a car in front really close, maybe 2 or 3 feet. Anyways, this truck then starts flashing blue and red brake lights, similar to police lights but are from the brake lights instead of on top of the truck. The guy being tailgated pulls over on the shoulder thinking he is being stopped, the truck then speeds up and does the same thing to the cars in front of him in the fast lane. He took off a like a bat out of hell once clear.

My question is, have you ever known or seen a non police car flash lights similar to police lights from the brake light area? Was this a legit police action or just some dumbass?

WTF? name the 1 or 2 people that said the guy wasn't a dick himself? IF you can find any.

Who knows what would have happened in that event? Is he less responsible for his own actions just because someone else was being a prick?

he was stupid and she was just as irresponsible focusing on filming him. period, end of discussion

Since we are discussing bad driving. I have a question for California residents. I was driving on a freeway the other day when a guy in a duelly truck started tailgating a car in front really close, maybe 2 or 3 feet. Anyways, this truck then starts flashing blue and red brake lights, similar to police lights but are from the brake lights instead of on top of the truck. The guy being tailgated pulls over on the shoulder thinking he is being stopped, the truck then speeds up and does the same thing to the cars in front of him in the fast lane. He took off a like a bat out of hell once clear.

My question is, have you ever known or seen a non police car flash lights similar to police lights from the brake light area? Was this a legit police action or just some dumbass?

I don't think its legal,

were each of the vehicles in the hammer lane? could he have been a volunteer fireman?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

WTF? name the 1 or 2 people that said the guy wasn't a dick himself? IF you can find any.

he was stupid and she was just as irresponsible focusing on filming him. period, end of discussion

I don't think its legal,

were each of the vehicles in the hammer lane? could he have been a volunteer fireman?

What does Hammer have to do with this?

And this cannot be the end of the discussion.

OK, time for a change of pace. Who is more stupider?

http://gawker.com/watch-a-train-conductor-kick-a-selfie-taking-teen-in-th-1563737053

That is interesting. You never know if somebody is going to commit suicide and fall into the train. Maybe the train operator, conductor, or who's boot that was was trying to push him away. These train guys must see a lot of crazy sheeott!

Also... Seeing he had headphones on maybe they were trying to get his attention? We have train tracks (Union Pacific) that run through my village. A few years ago a teen girl was riding her bike w/headphones on. All the cars were stopped @ the train crossing at the center of town. Here comes the girl riding along, head down and bam! Slams right into the fast freight! WOW, dead instantly! What a sad mess. The sad part is, all the cars stopped @ the crossing seen the tragedy unfolding... They frantically honked their horns and were screaming! A village police officer was waiting @ the light... He jumped out of his cruiser and made a dash for her... Was going to try and tackle her. Too late! What a mangled mess. Situations like this, the train operator/engineer didn't even know, kept on going... How the heck would you get the train's attention to stop and take a look @ the mess of flesh? Just have to wait till it passes while frantically calling (the cop) his dispatcher/911 (people) to get Union Pacific on the horn! Must have been a very traumatic scene after the speeding train left the scene... Unless the operator/engineer/conductor seen something along the side!

Another story... We had a towboat with 4 empty barges (they sit high out of the water and draft only 2' deep) hit a recreational (sorry, had to describe it) boat. It didn't even know... Until we got a frantic phone call wondering what the name of the towboat was... Of course they were drunk! What happened was the rec boat was in the way and didn't move, the tow boat came and ran it over... The people jumped and swam to safety. The barges dragged the rec boat under the rake of its bow for five miles until we could get its attention via the radio. Said: "You better stop your tow, somebody claims you ran over them over and are dragging their vessel under your barges!"

Just saying... Could be another side of the story than just the train dude trying to boot the kid out of spite. I bet train guys see a lot of suicides and crazy stupid accidents. I wouldn't want that mess under my train! AND more importantly, guilt on my head. We had another tow pilot run over a fisherman that couldn't (was broken down) get out of his way. The tow of barges killed him. The pilot was never right after that. Story has it he went back home and wigged out, then killed himself out of guilt!

My $.02

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

If the woman had done the right thing and let him pass, would we be having this conversation? How about if she didn't compromise her driving ability and pull out a cell phone?

Not sure...I do know, however, that he could've simply been patient and passed her when things were less congested.

Thank you, that's the point: he's still responsible for his own accident because he couldn't control himself.

Yes, the woman was being irresponsible, stupid, juvenile--take your pick. She didn't cause his accident; he did.

I also witnessed Karma this weekend. Minivan taking its sweet old time in the left lane, with a trooper right up her butt. Gave her plenty of opportunity to get into the right lane, which was perfectly open. No can do. After about 2 minutes, rollers come on. The lady pulls into the right lane, but keeps driving, with trooper behind her. She still thinks he's not pulling her over, so she takes a wild swing back into the left lane (luckily everyone had slowed down). It took a little while for her to realize that, yes, the cop was after her.

Believe it or not, but they do pull you over in NJ for hogging the left lane, no matter the speed.

That's my definition of Karma.

As to the OP, if you're afraid of trucks in the right lane, perhaps a return trip to driving school is in order. I don't know this lade, but I know a lot like her and just don't understand the aversion to the right lane, especially when you're moving in line with traffic.

Yes, the woman was being irresponsible, stupid, juvenile--take your pick. She didn't cause his accident; he did.

That answer would depend on whether she speeded up to make his right lane pass even more dangerous.

I also witnessed Karma this weekend. Minivan taking its sweet old time in the left lane, with a trooper right up her butt. Gave her plenty of opportunity to get into the right lane, which was perfectly open. No can do. After about 2 minutes, rollers come on. The lady pulls into the right lane, but keeps driving, with trooper behind her. She still thinks he's not pulling her over, so she takes a wild swing back into the left lane (luckily everyone had slowed down). It took a little while for her to realize that, yes, the cop was after her.

Believe it or not, but they do pull you over in NJ for hogging the left lane, no matter the speed.

That's my definition of Karma.

As to the OP, if you're afraid of trucks in the right lane, perhaps a return trip to driving school is in order. I don't know this lade, but I know a lot like her and just don't understand the aversion to the right lane, especially when you're moving in line with traffic.

That answer would depend on whether she speeded up to make his right lane pass even more dangerous.

Why not just stay in the right lane if you're him?

Well, there's your problem... It is New Jersey, where it is against the law to pump your own gas.

Anyway, what did she get written up for? Did you stop and ask? If she just got pulled over to be read the riot act, maybe she needed a rest. ;-P