Johnny Manziel thread

EJ is lacking arrogance, but to be nice I like to say that he lacks trust in his own abilities. Because he doesn't trust his abilities he doesn't put the ball where it needs to be. (he takes the safe route)

Johnny Football on the other hand has an arrogance, not unlike Jim Kelly once upon a time. He believes that there isn't a situation he can't overcome. He'll take chances, and yes, sometimes he'll lose but, I guaran!@#$ingtee that he's coming out the very next series and he's going to go for it again.

What would you rather have, a QB who never takes chances or one who never stops believing that he can find a way to win the game?

If Manziel is there at #9 the Bills would be silly to let him pass them by.

I wholeheartedly disagree. He's just the latest runaround college QB whose game doesn't translate to the NFL. BUST!

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Jim Kelly had arrogance born of supreme confidence in his own abilities. He also had size, skill, high football IQ, and exuded leadership. I just do not see the same qualities in Manziel, other than the arrogance. Compare to Russel Wilson for example - which would you rather have? He may grow up some day but at what cost in the meantime? I think he will be overmatched at the next level physically as well. I guess we will see, because someone is surely going to take him fairly high. I hope it is not the Bills.

I wholeheartedly disagree. He's just the latest runaround college QB whose game doesn't translate to the NFL. BUST!

That's allowed.

For me he's well worth the risk. We could end up with 0 or 1 or 2 really good QB's. The way I look at it that's 1 more than our best chances at this time.

I'm not ready to say we should trade up to grab him, that will take some additional thought, but, I'm sold if he's there at 9.

That's allowed.

For me he's well worth the risk. We could end up with 0 or 1 or 2 really good QB's. The way I look at it that's 1 more than our best chances at this time.

I'm not ready to say we should trade up to grab him, that will take some additional thought, but, I'm sold if he's there at 9.

Guess we'll see who's right in the end, but I'm just not sold on Manziel from neither a talent nor a maturity/judgment perspective. I hope the Bills aren't even looking in his direction and I'm relatively certain they are not.

Can you give us your thoughts afterwards?

CBF

Evans had great double clutch grab and caught everything thrown to him, except one was out of bounds on a deep ball. He is only 20! He has so much upside it is sick. While I think he will make an immediate impact on any offense as a rookie simply because of what a defense will need to do to game plan for guy with his size and speed, I think what he will be after 3-5 years in the league after he knows the NFL game and assimilates with his QB, unreal.

He should have invited NFL pass rushers to chase and blast him him too. :lol:

There was a broom chasing him B-)

http://on.nfl.com/1heqLK8

Edited by YoloinOhio